Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WHAT are YOU going say when ELI brings us one more SUPER BOWL RING ??!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by alwaysready View Post

no, the defense of Eli is simple. He had a terrible coach; the scheme he had to work within was not conducive to his skill set nor the personnel around him; he had no RB, no FB, the blocking TE they brought in was not utilized, no blindside protection (nor broadside), depleted WR's, etc., etc., etc.

One of my earlier questions in this thread that brought us to this point was.....Do any of you think we'd better off last year or in 2018 if Geno or Davis Webb were thrown into the same situation? If the answer is anything but "definitely," then Eli should be the QB.

Since when is anything given to anyone in this league or game, especially the QB position of the NY Football Giants. That's not how this works. It never has been and never will be. Until someone takes the damn job, at which point most of us Eli supporters will be more than happy to see someone or ANYONE lead this team back to championship caliber football, then just STFU already, with all due respect.
    +1

Comment

• Originally posted by alwaysready View Post

and btw... even if you were right about Geno...are you saying that Geno was out long term answer?
      No I'm not, but he might have been better able to handle the mess that was McAdoo's offense for the reasons I mentioned.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post

No I'm not, but he might have been better able to handle the mess that was McAdoo's offense for the reasons I mentioned.
        I don't even have to dig for what you said Rosey. Geno was the final last gasp of the "smartest man in the room" aka JR. Good riddance.
        Geno was an embarrassment, a stain on this great franchise, a guy who reneged on a promise to a teammate on the Jets to support a charity event.

If it was time to spot someone in, it should have been Webb. The season was "over" and so the "best chance to win" argument was out the window.

A very sad moment in our history as a team.

Geno will kick around somewhere for a year or two and move onto a career at Walmart.
        No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post

I absolutely think that Ben believed that Geno was his best option to show his O was legitimate, and could be successful with the right QB.
          I also absolutely think that Spags thought Eli was his best chance to win and maybe secure the HC gig.

Hmmmm...that seems too free of conspiracy theories.
          I also believe that Mara, in connection with the Manning mafia and the Free Masons, will resign Eli to an additional 5 year/$200 million contract...fully guaranteed.
          "I hire my brains"...Horace Trumbauer

Comment

• Originally posted by jay051 View Post

Can you name a Qb that had the rash of injuries the Giants had last year and won 5 to 8 games?? I'm only asking because you said a true franchise QB is good for 5 to 8 games no matter what he has around him. Remember Eli lost all 3 starting wide receivers early in the season while playing behind a bad oline.
            Almost every team has a "rash" of injuries.
            It's the NFL.
            Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by jomo View Post

I don't even have to dig for what you said Rosey. Geno was the final last gasp of the "smartest man in the room" aka JR. Good riddance.
              Geno was an embarrassment, a stain on this great franchise, a guy who reneged on a promise to a teammate on the Jets to support a charity event.

If it was time to spot someone in, it should have been Webb. The season was "over" and so the "best chance to win" argument was out the window.

A very sad moment in our history as a team.

Geno will kick around somewhere for a year or two and move onto a career at Walmart.
              Ben damn well knew that his only chance to remain HC was to win with a QB other than Eli - I would argue he took the shot that was best for him...not best for the team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

Almost every team has a "rash" of injuries.
                It's the NFL.
                Please tell me you are not saying that every team had the same rash of injuries to the WR position.

Comment

• Originally posted by Delicreep View Post

Please tell me you are not saying that every team had the same rash of injuries to the WR position.
                  I wouldn't say that at all.

But every team has to deal with it.
                  Kirk Cousins lost his entire O line. His two top backs, his TE and his #1 WR. Still won 7 games....for example.

Comment

I would argue he took the shot that was best for him...not best for the team.
                    I will choose selfless over selfish every time.

Comment

Kirk Cousins lost his entire O line. His two top backs, his TE and his #1 WR. Still won 7 games....for example.
                      Fair enough. I am certainly not going to say Eli elevated the teams play, but I'm not sure I am gonna say Cousins did either.

Comment

Top 5 teams in games lost by injury.
                        1. Indy
                        2. New England
                        3. Giants
                        4.Arizona
                        5. Washington

Notice the Colts lost their QB and still had a better record than us. So did Arizona who lost their QB and best offensive player in David Johnson. Also a better record than us and shut us out with their third string QB against our starting QB.
                        New England went to the SB.

See the second link which is by football outsiders who calculates it more by position of importance. Still many teams with better records than ours who dealt with far more injuries.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comment...njury_plot_of/

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/st...ted-games-lost

Last edited by Morehead State; 04-16-2018, 09:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jomo View Post
                          I will choose selfless over selfish every time.
                          Well, he didn't have much of a choice.

Comment

Well, he didn't have much of a choice.
                            So over his head, I don't know where to begin with him.

Comment

Kirk is a good one so that is fair. I'm just not sure if there were any franchise qb that lost all his starting wrs and came close to a .500 record in the history of the NFL. Don't get me wrong because i still think Eli is on his downside of his career and that's why it would be nice to see Eli finally have legit running for the 1st time in 8 plus seasons......if the FO decides to go non qb in the 1st round.

Comment

• Originally posted by jay051 View Post

Kirk is a good one so that is fair. I'm just not sure if there were any franchise qb that lost all his starting wrs and came close to a .500 record in the history of the NFL. Don't get me wrong because i still think Eli is on his downside of his career and that's why it would be nice to see Eli finally have legit running for the 1st time in 8 plus seasons......if the FO decides to go non qb in the 1st round.
                                Not just the redskins. I posted a list by football outsiders. Many teams had it a lot worse than us. Essentially, the most debilitating injury is the QB. We were horrible and our QB didn't get hurt. Just missed the one game v. Oakland.

In other words...many other QB's had it worse and DIDN'T collapse with their teams like our guy did.

Washington
                                Chicago
                                Miami
                                Houston
                                Arizona
                                Baltimore
                                Indy

All worse than us.

Comment

Working...
                                X