Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WHAT are YOU going say when ELI brings us one more SUPER BOWL RING ??!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

Not just the redskins. I posted a list by football outsiders. Many teams had it a lot worse than us. Essentially, the most debilitating injury is the QB. We were horrible and our QB didn't get hurt. Just missed the one game v. Oakland.

In other words...many other QB's had it worse and DIDN'T collapse with their teams like our guy did.

Washington
    Chicago
    Miami
    Houston
    Arizona
    Baltimore
    Indy

All worse than us.
    So our injuries were what they were...you would say that the chief difference was the quality of the QB play?
    "I hire my brains"...Horace Trumbauer

Comment

• Originally posted by Delicreep View Post

So our injuries were what they were...you would say that the chief difference was the quality of the QB play?
      I was asked a specific question. I answered it. Not with nebulous claims, but with facts.

Can you name a Qb that had the rash of injuries the Giants had last year and won 5 to 8 games?? I'm only asking because you said a true franchise QB is good for 5 to 8 games no matter what he has around him. Remember Eli lost all 3 starting wide receivers early in the season while playing behind a bad oline.

Teams fall apart when they lose their QB. They don't when their supposed franchise QB is healthy.

And to answer YOUR question I would say no. but he didn't lift anyone up either. Isn't that his job?
      Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

I absolutely think that Ben believed that Geno was his best option to show his O was legitimate, and could be successful with the right QB.
        I also absolutely think that Spags thought Eli was his best chance to win and maybe secure the HC gig.

Hmmmm...that seems too free of conspiracy theories.
        I also believe that Mara, in connection with the Manning mafia and the Free Masons, will resign Eli to an additional 5 year/$200 million contract...fully guaranteed.
        I agree...especially with that last part.

Comment

Please tell me you are not saying that every team had the same rash of injuries to the WR position.
          Well to be fair, not all teams have the WR killing QB.

20pfsv.jpg

Comment

I was asked a specific question. I answered it. Not with nebulous claims, but with facts.

Can you name a Qb that had the rash of injuries the Giants had last year and won 5 to 8 games?? I'm only asking because you said a true franchise QB is good for 5 to 8 games no matter what he has around him. Remember Eli lost all 3 starting wide receivers early in the season while playing behind a bad oline.

Teams fall apart when they lose their QB. They don't when their supposed franchise QB is healthy.

And to answer YOUR question I would say no. but he didn't lift anyone up either. Isn't that his job?
            You know that's not my quote, right?

I am asking a very specific question about what made us different in your opinion.

My opinion is that poor QB play probably is one of the factors...a major one in fact.
            But...and here's the rub: I have questions about the injuries coupled with a high school game plan, a weak line and a bad coach were a perfect storm for Eli.
            Change the game plan, change the coach and put some better pieces on the o-line and you might have something - so far, it looks like DG has that same question.

And FYI...since I would draft a QB a 2, I assume DG will as well: the question is how soon do we need to get him in there?
            Last edited by Delicreep; 04-16-2018, 10:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post

Well to be fair, not all teams have the WR killing QB.

20pfsv.jpg
              Eli's gangsta, there's no denying that.

Comment

• Not the best analysis by far but if you start at 1:40, you can see why Eli was not able to get anything going. This was obviously just one of the problems on offense but imo it was what started the offense spiral towards death every Sunday. I donít care who is back there... Brady arod Wilson etc. none of them are a championship caliber qb with blindside protection like this:

https://youtu.be/afs7Fqa5w7U

Comment

• Let alone his bad hand placement, dropping his head and poor body position, he has absolutely No balance and horrible footwork. He is unathletic.

Comment

You know that's not my quote, right?

I am asking a very specific question about what made us different in your opinion.

My opinion is that poor QB play probably is one of the factors...a major one in fact.
                    But...and here's the rub: I have questions about the injuries coupled with a high school game plan, a weak line and a bad coach were a perfect storm for Eli.
                    Change the game plan, change the coach and put some better pieces on the o-line and you might have something - so far, it looks like DG has that same question.

And FYI...since I would draft a QB a 2, I assume DG will as well: the question is how soon do we need to get him in there?
                    Yes I know..i was explaining why I mentioned it.

I also directly answered your question.

Comment

• Originally posted by alwaysready View Post
                      Not the best analysis by far but if you start at 1:40, you can see why Eli was not able to get anything going. This was obviously just one of the problems on offense but imo it was what started the offense spiral towards death every Sunday. I donít care who is back there... Brady arod Wilson etc. none of them are a championship caliber qb with blindside protection like this:

Did you watch Eli on that play? Did he see or feel the pressure from the RDE?

How was his throw? Did he see the coverage on the receiver? Whar made him throw that ball there?

How about running the ball? Did he have an opportunity to make the defense pay with his legs?

Comment

• Originally posted by alwaysready View Post
                        Not the best analysis by far but if you start at 1:40, you can see why Eli was not able to get anything going. This was obviously just one of the problems on offense but imo it was what started the offense spiral towards death every Sunday. I donít care who is back there... Brady arod Wilson etc. none of them are a championship caliber qb with blindside protection like this:

I think it's worth pointing that if you (or others) watch that replay at 1:40 and come away focused on Flowers alone then that would explain a whole lot about the difference in the way people watch the game. Flowers was not the reason the Giants drive stalled. Eli was, and that play is a perfect example of how Eli has played the last 2 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post

I think it's worth pointing that if you (or others) watch that replay at 1:40 and come away focused on Flowers alone then that would explain a whole lot about the difference in the way people watch the game. Flowers was not the reason the Giants drive stalled. Eli was, and that play is a perfect example of how Eli has played the last 2 years.
                          Since I have no idea what that play was supposed to be nor what the coach wanted on that play, I watched the video and concluded that the issue was the offensive structure, not any one individual player. 4 receivers running very short routes covered by 6 defenders and the ball release in 1:5 seconds.

Based on the play of the Giants on the field I see no circumstance in which that play could be successful. Unless the idea was to call a play and then ignore it and just jailbreak and start playing street ball on every down. Iím guessing if the players did that, the HC would have an issue with that.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

Since I have no idea what that play was supposed to be nor what the coach wanted on that play, I watched the video and concluded that the issue was the offensive structure, not any one individual player. 4 receivers running very short routes covered by 6 defenders and the ball release in 1:5 seconds.

Based on the play of the Giants on the field I see no circumstance in which that play could be successful. Unless the idea was to call a play and then ignore it and just jailbreak and start playing street ball on every down. Iím guessing if the players did that, the HC would have an issue with that.
                            It's funny (or rather sad actually) but that's pretty much what the Giants did in McAdoo's offense. There's not much that can happen when you do that over and over. 4 guys running short routes while fans a complaining that they don't get separation. No ****. Our receivers are basically running into the coverage when the ball is getting thrown.

Comment

I just wanted to be clear I understand what he was saying, but I also don't think it "explains" Eli's play.

Eli had his own issues.

Comment

I just wanted to be clear I understand what he was saying, but I also don't think it "explains" Eli's play.

Eli had his own issues.
                                I really wasn't trying to explain Eli's play.

Comment

Working...
                                X