In gettleman we trust

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In gettleman we trust

Hey a real lb. Hey it costs us a lot. But at least it' a huge upgrade.

Now he will fix o line. Change culture.

Originally posted by sheepdip View Post

No doubt about it, he is hiring players that want to hit the guys in the other uniform and is closing down and boarding up the Giants "Crying Room" that sprang up under Reese!
    Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

Comment

I remember people saying the same thing about Reese when he “cost us a lot but at least it’s a huge upgrade” when he signed Vernon and resigned JPP. Until I see this dude play in our system I’m not sold on this move.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjeep View Post

No doubt about it, he is hiring players that want to hit the guys in the other uniform and is closing down and boarding up the Giants "Crying Room" that sprang up under Reese!
        I don't blame that situation last year on Reese at all. I put it on Mac. Most of those "cry babies" from last year were here the year before and will be back this year. This team has a ton of talent, way more than Mac was able to get out of us last year.

It is nice to see Gettleman making these changes though. Getting a cover LB is huge. Now to get some hog mollies and another back to pair with Gallman.
        LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
        "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

It really cost us very little. The 4th rd comp pick at the end of the round. I believe it was the 34th or 35th pick of the round. The 6th pick ? Whats That ? Did we give up the 7th pick also ? Undrafted guys can accomplish the same as a 6th or 7th rounder.

But as you say "a huge upgrade" so we get a starter that's suppose to be pretty good. We'll see, but I take that swap every time. Now lets see if this guy can play and make our defense stronger. Fitting what we need under the cap is going to be a feat of wizardry.

Comment

Originally posted by That Guy Rich View Post

It really cost us very little. The 4th rd comp pick at the end of the round. I believe it was the 34th or 35th pick of the round. The 6th pick ? Whats That ? Did we give up the 7th pick also ? Undrafted guys can accomplish the same as a 6th or 7th rounder.

But as you say "a huge upgrade" so we get a starter that's suppose to be pretty good. We'll see, but I take that swap every time. Now lets see if this guy can play and make our defense stronger. Fitting what we need under the cap is going to be a feat of wizardry.
            It's going to cost us a lot of salary and cap space. It may or may not be a good move but this seems a salary dump for the Rams. Not sure how he fits given our cap restraints and the other needs we have.
            He seems a very expensive option. Maybe the Rams will pick up some of his salary.
            Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjeep View Post

"Giants "Crying Room'"...lol. Where do you get this stuff?

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

It's going to cost us a lot of salary and cap space. It may or may not be a good move but this seems a salary dump for the Rams. Not sure how he fits given our cap restraints and the other needs we have.
                He seems a very expensive option. Maybe the Rams will pick up some of his salary.
                He’ll be a 10 mil cap hit for the Giants....3 in base and a 7 million roster bonus that they’ll no doubt rework to lower the hit.
                "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

Next time the Giants come to indy Im crashing the Giants suite and giving this man a hug. Totally worth the jail time. YYYYYYESSSSSSSS!!!!!! YYYESSSSSSSSSS!!!! Is this for real???/ Is this real life???? YYYYYEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Thumper who can also cover! No more Whitten east TDS!

Comment

Hey a real lb. Hey it costs us a lot.

Agree about Gettleman but why do you think it cost us alot? A #4 we didn't have till last week and our # 6 ,we get a proven LBer and the Rams #7 for next year...it's a fricken steal!!! To me this means we are trade down with the # 2 pick.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue58 View Post

He’ll be a 10 mil cap hit for the Giants....3 in base and a 7 million roster bonus that they’ll no doubt rework to lower the hit.
                        Exactly...we're getting a quality LBer who is a tackling machine and has ,a reputation of being a leader, not to mention that he is not injury prone, for a 4th and 6th...I like it...

Comment

Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

"Giants "Crying Room'"...lol. Where do you get this stuff?
                          I have my sauces!
                          Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

It was a need hopefully filled, but hardly impressive wheeling and dealing. I have a bad feeling that our team has nothing to trade, but the much needed draft picks.

Comment

Originally posted by PennState1 View Post
                              Thumper who can also cover! No more Whitten east TDS!
                              sure will be nice for a change to be able to cover the TE and RB's out of the backfield. Been many years.

Comment

Working...
                              X