Giants expecting to Tender Brett Jones

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants expecting to Tender Brett Jones

Great move. He was our best O lineman last year. Looks like they are moving on from Richburg as well.
    All good.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ston-richburg/
    Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Smart move, and expected. He showed he belonged in this league, hes not the ideal size for a center but hes built like rock.

Bye Bye Richburg...

Comment

Nice
      I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Jones is a good player that paid his dues and worked hard as hell to get his spot. I am glad that he will most likely be here for several more years.
        “It drops deep as it does in my breath

I never sleep, cuz sleep is the cousin of death

Beyond the walls of intelligence, life is defined

I think of crime, when I’m in a New York state of mind.”

Nasir Jones

Comment

good signing. He can play both OG or C, but i expect him to be the starting C this year. saw i believe it was a NY Post article stating how Brett Jones made all the calls for the OL and nailed it every time. He was so good that they would give the OL tests each week on the calls but Jones wouldnt have to take them because they knew he knew it all already (probably not the best that we had to test our OL - i bet they all failed lol)

found it:

Jones is not ideal size he is a boxy 6-foot-2 and 312 pounds but is so technically sound that he uses his low-center-of-gravity frame to his benefit with leverage, getting underneath taller defensive tackles as a run blocker. Jones also greatly impressed the previous coaching regime with his intelligence, so much so that when the offensive linemen each week were given a quiz to see how much of the game plan installation they mastered, Jones was not required to take the test.

Jones made all the line calls and adjustments, rarely making a mistake. This is no great surprise, considering when the Giants gave him the Wonderlic test, he scored 43 (out of 50). The average score for a center is 25.

If the Giants can flank Jones with quality guards, the interior of the line could be solid. Giants general manager Dave Gettleman is expected to go after Andrew Norwell, the top guard on the market, in free agency.

https://nypost.com/2018/03/07/giants...-here-to-stay/

Comment

Originally posted by gibril28wilson View Post
            good signing. He can play both OG or C, but i expect him to be the starting C this year. saw i believe it was a NY Post article stating how Brett Jones made all the calls for the OL and nailed it every time. He was so good that they would give the OL tests each week on the calls but Jones wouldnt have to take them because they knew he knew it all already (probably not the best that we had to test our OL - i bet they all failed lol)

found it:

Jones is not ideal size he is a boxy 6-foot-2 and 312 pounds but is so technically sound that he uses his low-center-of-gravity frame to his benefit with leverage, getting underneath taller defensive tackles as a run blocker. Jones also greatly impressed the previous coaching regime with his intelligence, so much so that when the offensive linemen each week were given a quiz to see how much of the game plan installation they mastered, Jones was not required to take the test.

Jones made all the line calls and adjustments, rarely making a mistake. This is no great surprise, considering when the Giants gave him the Wonderlic test, he scored 43 (out of 50). The average score for a center is 25.

If the Giants can flank Jones with quality guards, the interior of the line could be solid. Giants general manager Dave Gettleman is expected to go after Andrew Norwell, the top guard on the market, in free agency.

https://nypost.com/2018/03/07/giants...-here-to-stay/
            I read that too, Flowers and Hart probably answered the questions in crayons.

Comment

Jones > Richburg. All for this move.

Comment

Guys were all worried we wouldn't re-sign him.
                Long Live the King

Comment

There was a noticeable improvement to the run game the minute he went out there. I'm real happy that they're keeping him, he was one of the very few bright spots
                  The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

Now let Pugh go as well
                    Not worth resigning IMO. Should not be hard to upgrade over him as well. I'd only be a fan of keeping Flowers if they moved him to right side and use him mostly on Run packages
                    Football has been very, very good to us.
                    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                    4-New York Giants!!!
                    5-NE
                    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

We need a center. It is the right move if they proceed.
                      "Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad." Darrell Royal

Comment

Another good Reese find
                        Long Live the King

Comment

I read that Richburg was told he could compete for a back up spot at G or C after he got hurt and he didnt take too kindly to it so they put him n IR.

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
                            Now let Pugh go as well
                            Not worth resigning IMO. Should not be hard to upgrade over him as well. I'd only be a fan of keeping Flowers if they moved him to right side and use him mostly on Run packages
                            Flowers is already brought and pay for. Even when I buy stuff that I end up using, I don't discard in the trash. I put it on craiglist and recoup some of my money.

Unless you're a fan of giving money away, then he stays or gets traded. When camp starts, maybe we'll have enough bodies to make him expendable, but right now, he's FIRST ROUND depth
                            Long Live the King

Comment

I think Richburg and Pugh will be in for a ride awakening in FA unless everyone is as stupid as the Bengals.

Comment

Working...
                              X