Adjustment period

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adjustment period

Should we all expect there to be an adjustment period, half a season or so, before the "new look" Giants actually start clicking.
    New head coach, new defensive coordinator, totally revamped OL.
    Even if they make all the right moves and adjustments, might it not TAKE SOME TIME to Gel?
    Especially these day when practice time has been trimmed way back by the player's union.
    I'm not being negative. I just wondered if this is something we need to realistically take into consideration.

Ideally yes. But that better not be the mindset of the team or expect a 6-10 season.

Comment

We should all have no expectations and be pleasantly surprised.
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
        We should all have no expectations and be pleasantly surprised.
        I like that scenario
        "it won't matter who we pick at #2 because whoever it is we need him..."

​​​​​​ -Jesse James

Comment

I think the defense will gel quicker. I think it will attack and defensive players will enjoy that. Little bit of adjustment on the safeties. As for the O its mostly on the QBs, the remaining O linemen, and the WRs. It will be tougher on them because the ceiling is much higher and "where much is given, much more is expected."

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post

I like that scenario
            As with last season, we all hyped ourselves up that a Super Bowl run was assured.........Why not, following an 11 - 5 season and being rid of TC the devil incarnate to some lol We do talk ourselves into these overly optimistic expectations and then blame everyone on the team when we fail. Better to lower the bar at the beginning.
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Expectation for Mid Season:
              Low = 4 - 4
              High = 6-2
              Middle = 5- 3
              All teams go thru change , FA, Cap ,injuries and trade.
              Coaches need to Coach.
              Players need to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post

As with last season, we all hyped ourselves up that a Super Bowl run was assured.........Why not, following an 11 - 5 season and being rid of TC the devil incarnate to some lol We do talk ourselves into these overly optimistic expectations and then blame everyone on the team when we fail. Better to lower the bar at the beginning.
                Never lower the bar.
                Engage brain before speaking.

Comment

Originally posted by speedman View Post

Never lower the bar.
                  OK, we are suffering through those after pains right now

Comment

Working...
                  X