Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ereck Flowers: Why hasn’t Giants’ left tackle reached his potential? MOVE HIM TO Left Guard?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's why Reese and Co. are gone. They valued potential over skill way too often. That will always lead to an inconsistent team since most will never reach their 'potential'.

Flowers never reached his 'potential' because he can't move his feet well enough. That will never change. He's never been a LT. The Giants did themselves and Flowers a disservice by leaving him at LT for years.

Comment

Originally posted by hadenough View Post
      That's why Reese and Co. are gone. They valued potential over skill way too often. That will always lead to an inconsistent team since most will never reach their 'potential'.

Flowers never reached his 'potential' because he can't move his feet well enough. That will never change. He's never been a LT. The Giants did themselves and Flowers a disservice by leaving him at LT for years.
      He still drops his head

he can't use his hands

his hips are stiffer than my deceased grandmothers

his feet are a disaster

he has shown zero growth since he was playing in Miami

He's not proven himself to be a starting caliber player through 3 seasons

Comment

Originally posted by primetime View Post
        Move him to the bench.. Moving from one side to the other will still showcase his technique issues.
        3 years of poor play and now the light bulb is going to switch on for the kid?
        lol, but this is true. Poor technique
        1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

Comment

Does anyone think that part of the issue is our OL coaching? I mean, our entire OL took steps back last year. Pugh, Flowers, Richburg, ect. What is going on? Now he is gone, and we hired a failed OL coach... great.

I think Flowers is not a good LT at all, but there could be some other contributing factors.

Comment

It's possible, his potential was overstated.

LMAO
            Long Live the King

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
              Does anyone think that part of the issue is our OL coaching? I mean, our entire OL took steps back last year. Pugh, Flowers, Richburg, ect. What is going on? Now he is gone, and we hired a failed OL coach... great.

I think Flowers is not a good LT at all, but there could be some other contributing factors.
              Bingo. Our technique on the entire line has been dismal. I am quoting Jomo, hee, he, he
              1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

Comment

He hasnt reached his potential because it was never that high to begin with. He is physically strong...that is it. He has bad and slow feet, bad hand placement and does not seem to have the drive to get any better. He was not a good pick at all. Moving his position wont help either. They should try as he is an awful LT, but I wouldnt expect any better results from him. He plays out his deal in 2018 and we let him walk.

Comment

I think he could actually be decent Guard because when he fires out straight ahead, keeps his hands in and gets a Good Punch, he is alright. His hand placement and not having a good backfoot are what kill him. At Guard, the bad feet can be minimized.

I wouldn;t want him at RT.

Tremendously disappointing player.

If La'ell Collins was never implicated in that Murder, I truly think we would have drafted him. We still should have spent a 6th or 7th on him. I understand why we didn't.

We missed on Flowers, and are going let Pugh and Richburgh walk.

I think we are going to let Flowers walk too, so I am wondering if we should just do it now with him too, although, I'd like to see him get one more chance and make him earn something.

Comment

Reese was a disaster for this franchise. This is not Flowers fault...blame Reese for this pick, Eli Apple, perhaps Odel if he can’t get his act together and a whole bunch of other disasters.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy_Ribs View Post
                      I think he could actually be decent Guard because when he fires out straight ahead, keeps his hands in and gets a Good Punch, he is alright. His hand placement and not having a good backfoot are what kill him. At Guard, the bad feet can be minimized.

I wouldn;t want him at RT.

Tremendously disappointing player.

If La'ell Collins was never implicated in that Murder, I truly think we would have drafted him. We still should have spent a 6th or 7th on him. I understand why we didn't.

We missed on Flowers, and are going let Pugh and Richburgh walk.

I think we are going to let Flowers walk too, so I am wondering if we should just do it now with him too, although, I'd like to see him get one more chance and make him earn something.
                      Collins agent issued this statement during the draft.

“Draft La’el in the second or third rounds, or don’t draft him at all.”

And when he wasn’t drafted his demands were.

The contract would be non-negotiable. Collins would get a guaranteed contract with no offsets, second- and third-year maximum salaries for a UDFA, and the remainder of teams signing bonus cash pool.

So in other words Reese wasn’t going to touch him. Unfortunately..

Comment

Too bad he hit the gym instead of the LeCharles Bentley camp these past few seasons. His strength was never in question, his footwork and technique was

To quote the movie A Bronx Tale, "The saddest thing in life is wasted talent"
                        Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post
                          Too bad he hit the gym instead of the LeCharles Bentley camp these past few seasons. His strength was never in question, his footwork and technique was

Another great line from that movie.

Put him in the ****ing bathroom.”

And that’s where Flowers belongs.

Comment

Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post

I don’t call being big and strong talent...

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

It's not the coaching. Pugh plays well when not injured with the same coaches.

It's the Reese/Ross bad evaluation skills of OL talent. They should have been fired two years ago when TC "resigned".

Comment

Originally posted by hadenough View Post

Main reason Flowers can't move his feet well enough is because he simply is not an 'athletic" player, let alone tackle. Bobby Hart was even worse. I'm watching a youtube video titled "NYG OT Analytics or "why Ereck Flowers struggles' and the guy provides graphs showing how much superior athleticism 95 % of the DTs that Flowers faces, have over him. The guy also provides analytics graphs on Bobby Hart vs athletic DTs & ALL of them are far more athletic than him.

The only 2 DTs that Flowers had more "athleticism" than were Williams Gholsten of the Bucs & Marcus Golden of Az. Bad enough that he doesn't have technique skills, but when you also add lack of athleticism to the picture, it just results in an awful NFL player that has had no business watching Eli's back these past 3 yrs & even worse, that the Giants didn't assign a TE or RB to help him in obvious passing downs.

And Flowers is supposed to be our top dog on the OL? Giants have to switch this guy to guard ASAP! You have to have a baseline of athleticism to play LT in the NFL, but good ol Reese wanted to waste the #1 draft pick on a "project" player! The goal of any team when drafting their very 1st pick in the draft, is to know that the player they are drafting #1 is a bonafide Pro bowler & potential HOFer ,not a "project"!

Comment

Working...
                                X