Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NY Giants Lead the League in 2017.........

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NY Giants Lead the League in 2017.........

In dropped Pass's and it wasn't close!!!!!!!!!!!! All the Eli haters are going to blame Eli but it proves he didn't have much to work with but there was always the running game.....oh wait no...........

https://247sports.com/nfl/new-york-g...ason-116032518

Pointless argument. How many of those passes were poor throws?

It wasnt close? The next two teams had seven fewer drops. It wasnít the huge chasm that you made it out to be
    The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

He's not accurate. Therefore, the ball is rarely put right between the #s. Phil Simms was on WFAN couple weeks ago and he said a WR best friend is a tight spiral. Because it's easier to catch. Eli often throws ...well I won't say wounded ducks..buts let's just say he has trouble throwing a tight spiraled, catchable ball in stride.

I know im going to get fried for this but let's just look at the 2 balls Odell got hurt on. Exhibition game vs the Browns. The ball was overthrown. The slant he busted his ankle on was way high. There was a ball to Sheppard too, where he threw it high, Sheppard jumped for it and when he came down he twisted his ankle. Maybe it was the 1st Eagles game? Anyone remember the screen pass over the RB head on Thanksgiving a night?

i know I sound like an Eli basher, but I really like the guy. What I don't like is people on here spreading myths. When I see someone bending the truth I like to present the other side of the story. Lot of folks keep saying he had PS WR all year. Myth. He had Sheppard and Engram for most of the year and that's pretty good. I don't think Garopolo had much to work with in SF and he won like 5 or 6 straight.

Comment

Those are drops on catchable balls.

Comment

Originally posted by StewieZ View Post
          He's not accurate. Therefore, the ball is rarely put right between the #s. Phil Simms was on WFAN couple weeks ago and he said a WR best friend is a tight spiral. Because it's easier to catch. Eli often throws ...well I won't say wounded ducks..buts let's just say he has trouble throwing a tight spiraled, catchable ball in stride.

I know im going to get fried for this but let's just look at the 2 balls Odell got hurt on. Exhibition game vs the Browns. The ball was overthrown. The slant he busted his ankle on was way high. There was a ball to Sheppard too, where he threw it high, Sheppard jumped for it and when he came down he twisted his ankle. Maybe it was the 1st Eagles game? Anyone remember the screen pass over the RB head on Thanksgiving a night?

i know I sound like an Eli basher, but I really like the guy. What I don't like is people on here spreading myths. When I see someone bending the truth I like to present the other side of the story. Lot of folks keep saying he had PS WR all year. Myth. He had Sheppard and Engram for most of the year and that's pretty good. I don't think Garopolo had much to work with in SF and he won like 5 or 6 straight.

49ers have a really good oline and rushing game. Their wrs are also good, youíve just not heard of them yet.

You guys are funny, find all the the excuses in the book for other qbs but blame Eli for everything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post
            Pointless argument. How many of those passes were poor throws?

It wasnt close? The next two teams had seven fewer drops. It wasnít the huge chasm that you made it out to be
            None . The receiver gets paid to catch the ball. If it touches his hands . He should catch it period.
            "Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad." Darrell Royal

Comment

Eli still played poorly. Why cant you guys admit that??!! Yes the offense stunk. Many players on the offense played poorly. Well Eli was one of those players.
              I dont blame the state of the offense on Eli but he was one of the problems.
              "it won't matter who we pick at #2 because whoever it is we need him..."

​​​​​​ -Jesse James

Comment

Originally posted by StewieZ View Post

+1.
                I made countless predictions based on analyzing the roster and have a high success rate in making the right predictions for years. I gave Eli tips on how to improve his play in 07. I sent him advice on how to improve his performance in a letter I sent to him before the Giants play the Pats in the last regular season of the 07 Season. He did what I wanted him to do leading the Giants to Superbowl victory.

Comment

Originally posted by G1.. View Post
                  In dropped Pass's and it wasn't close!!!!!!!!!!!! All the Eli haters are going to blame Eli but it proves he didn't have much to work with but there was always the running game.....oh wait no...........

https://247sports.com/nfl/new-york-g...ason-116032518
                  The numbers don't really tell us anything
                  ďNever argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.Ē MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                    Eli still played poorly. Why cant you guys admit that??!! Yes the offense stunk. Many players on the offense played poorly. Well Eli was one of those players.
                    I dont blame the state of the offense on Eli but he was one of the problems.
                    I think the OP was saying he was not the only problem . The drops were blatant. I have read countless posts threads on how bad Eli was or is . One thread on showing it was not all the QB, this your response.

Are you saying it is ok to bash the QB with blind accusation but when evidence is presented to show it was not all on the QB it is not.
                    Its the topic a post on the receivers dropping the ball. I do not see how your response is relative to the topic.
                    Last edited by TEM; 03-10-2018, 12:22 PM.
                    "Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad." Darrell Royal

Comment

Why does it always seem like Eli always has the most dropped passes year after year even with our receivers leaving and new ones coming in? What is the constant variable?

Eli rarely can hit a WR in stride in the numbers. Most of the time he has them jump for it selling out their bodies, or twisting to make a catch behind them. This leads to more drops. Most of his best throws are thrown deep where the receiver needs to battle for it. Dont think he has a 59.8% completion percentage by mistake. He is inaccurate. He even misfires on more than half of his screen passes.
                      Last edited by TheAnalyst; 03-10-2018, 09:02 AM.
                      http://thegiantsboard.proboards.com/

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post

None . The receiver gets paid to catch the ball. If it touches his hands . He should catch it period.
                        +1

Exactly right.
                        LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                        "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                          Why does it always seem like Eli always has the most dropped passes year after year even with our receivers leaving and new ones coming in? What is the constant variable?
                          Do you have numbers to back this up?
                          LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                          "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post

Dumbest post ever

Comment

I like BM but as a #2 or #3 receiver he wonít be fed the ball enough to justify his costly drops. He needs to be cut to save some cap space and replaced outside by SS. SS had some monstrous games with Engram being the only other threat last year. He can fill the spot if they canít find someone playing the other side of ODB.

Our RB cannot catch the football and thatís a major problem. I donít think Darkwa will see the field much now that he has a HC who wants players that can catch. I think heíll be a surprise cut along with his stone hands.

Comment

Working...
                              X