I'm pissed DRC got released!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm pissed DRC got released!!

Why would they release him....this is a wrong move....DRC probley got mad because they asked him to take a pay cut...said no then they release him?!?! Why not save money by cuting other bums on this squad to save momey?? Congrats front office we are now stuck with ELI FREAKING APPLE...gonna get tired of seeing him get beat by WRs all year.

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 2m2 minutes ago

More
    Giants informed CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie that he is being released, per @JordanRaanan and me. Giants will save $6.5 million by releasing him.
    Giants General Manager George Young recalls, "On his first day back, he wrote on our locker room chalkboard, 'The grass is greener, my butt. P. McConkey.' "

Comment

• Elidagoat713
      Elidagoat713 commented
      Editing a comment
      What a ****ing joke

• Diamondring
      Diamondring commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

So in the last 5 years we were...7-9. 6-10. 6-10. 11-5. 3-13.
      Which season is the aberration?
      All on your qb.

• FBomb
      FBomb commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by coachf14 View Post
      my only question is why didn't Reese trade him last year at the deadline when they were what 1-8 or something. Maybe some cb needy team would have give a 4th round pick or something.
      You answered your own question. Reese

Better get used to it. This is only the beginning.
    I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Originally posted by FBomb View Post
      Smh he is 32 but he is still a good piece to the D....makes no sense

Comment

Originally posted by StroSwift10NYG View Post
        We are in a rebuilding mode, DRC was often injured and was being over paid. This is what Gettleman does and was hired to do. Makes perfect sense. They asked him to take a pay cut and he probably should have. Not sure what he thinks he can get on the open market,
        I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Originally posted by StroSwift10NYG View Post
          DRC's release is great for our team. Overpaid, old CB. How many young, hungry players who DON'T get suspended can we sign for that?
          Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Getting too old for a CB. Made good plays but got injured when the team needed him most. Besides, he had some blown coverages too.

Comment

Originally posted by FBomb View Post
              +1

Comment

They were looking at moving him to safety. His use as CB no longer was planned for. They are ready to address this through FA/Draft.

Comment

I would rather have kept him but will defer the decision to the new management crew. If in their minds and situation they didnt think he was worth it, I'm ok. Unless the backfield stinks next year....

Comment

8.5 reasons to release him, good cut , and the most important cut to save money as a said a month ago.

Comment

I don't like this move at all. He's been a good team player for us and there's other guys that should have taken paycuts , restructures or been cut before him. I get it , this is business but I really liked DRC. I don't see us getting better talent for less money in free agency . If we lose cockrell also that is really going to hurt our depth.

Comment

I think you will be okay.

Comment

i liked DRC. i think just about everyone liked him. He clearly wasnt in the plans to be a starter and they plan on rolling with Jackrabbit and Eli Apple. But as much as i love DRC, it's not worth keeping him at his price tag if he's only going to play 50% of the snaps.

They asked him to take a paycut, he said no i rather try out free agency, and he was cut. Hopefully he can go make more money than he would have here with a paycut and now we save a good chunk of money for free agency. Right or wrong, this is how the NFL works

Comment

Wait, hang on. For years, people have been *****ing and crying that the team needs to tear things down and rebuild the roster, and now that its actually happening, they're *****ing and crying even harder.

Yes, he was a key piece of the defense, but he's also getting up there in age, and he was set to make way too much money. Better get used to seeing this kind of thing, folks, because I can all but guarantee that this is just the beginning. In order to move forward, you sometimes have to take a step backwards. In the long run, this move will be a good one.
                            The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

Working...
                            X