Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants going to be "all in" on CBs in draft and free agency:

Report: Giants could make a big run at cornerbacks in offseason

The New York Giants could be gearing up to use a premium asset or two on the cornerback position

Patricia Traina@Patricia_Traina
    FWIW, I was told by a league source at the combine not to be shocked if Gettleman and the Giants made a big run on cornerbacks in the draft and free agency. Sure looks like things re headed that way after all.
    1:46 PM - Mar 11, 2018

The report makes sense when you consider the team just released veteran cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie and factor that in with the alarming lack of depth at the cornerback position for the Giants. In addition to Rodgers-Cromartie, 2017 reserve-turned-starter Ross Cockrell is also set to hit free agency in the coming days. After Janoris Jenkins and Eli Apple, the Giants do not have many familiar names with big-time playing experience at the NFL level on their roster. If the Giants do trade Apple, as has been speculated, they will have given themselves an even greater need to find cornerbacks in free agency and the draft.

https://247sports.com/nfl/new-york-g...acks-116147122
    http://thegiantsboard.proboards.com/

If wonder if these writers and reporters feel stupid when they come up with these articles...

This article literally boils down to, "I was told by someone who looked at the Giants Depth Chart that it would not be surprising if they addressed an area of concern with an asset."

Comment

Originally posted by NetSymptom View Post
      If wonder if these writers and reporters feel stupid when they come up with these articles...

This article literally boils down to, "I was told by someone who looked at the Giants Depth Chart that it would not be surprising if they addressed an area of concern with an asset."
      haha so true

Comment

Who doesn’t miss Prince Amukamara?

Comment

If they need to spend money in FA on CB, I dont know how they are going to spend money on OL to fix that monstrosity. So many holes and not enough money...

Comment

They can find middle round guys and lower level Free Agents and even Cap Causalities to come and play Nickle and Dime CB

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
              If they need to spend money in FA on CB, I dont know how they are going to spend money on OL to fix that monstrosity. So many holes and not enough money...
              Do you think a trade of either JPP or Vernon is in the works? This GM isn't afraid to roll the dice. The Browns, Jets, Colts, Tampa and Chicago all have 60 million or more to spend. Maybe one these teams can absorb one of these huge contracts if they have a need for a defensive end. Reese really F uped with these two contracts and shame on Mara for letting it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by I Bleed Blue View Post

Do you think a trade of either JPP or Vernon is in the works? This GM isn't afraid to roll the dice. The Browns, Jets, Colts, Tampa and Chicago all have 60 million or more to spend. Maybe one these teams can absorb one of these huge contracts if they have a need for a defensive end. Reese really F uped with these two contracts and shame on Mara for letting it happen.
                The biggest downfall for this team was Reese missing on the OLinemen in Flowers, Richburg and Pugh as a LT.

It set us back so far, and he never tried to fix his mistakes.

As far as JPP and Vernon, I dont know. Not sure anyone would take them at this point. I think we can reasonably cut them after 2018 without a huge hit.

Comment

Originally posted by I Bleed Blue View Post

Who would trade for those contracts? And even if they did, what would you realistically expect to get back?

I think the team has alll the Gatorade it needs.

Comment

With the report that Norwell might get $15mil a year from the 49ers, we might have to spend $ elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

Who would trade for those contracts? And even if they did, what would you realistically expect to get back?

I think the team has alll the Gatorade it needs.
                      It's not about getting something back. It's about freeing up cap space for the future to address the holes this team has. If a team offers a 4th or 5th round pick for either, you take it. Reese made a mess of things with these two contracts.

Comment

Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post
                        With the report that Norwell might get $15mil a year from the 49ers, we might have to spend $ elsewhere.
                        We arent getting Norwell. 49ers and Cards are fighting for him from what I hear. In the $15m per range.

Im affraid our only solution to this terrible OL will come in the form of luck in the draft. We need to get at least 2, maybe 3 new starters on the line.

Comment

Originally posted by NetSymptom View Post

These articles and the ones based around a tweet drive me nuts. Journalism does not exist anymore.

"Exclusive: JPP says he loves Bettcher"

That's not an exclusive, that is what his tweet said dude, we all can see his twitter.
                          LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                          "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

We arent getting Norwell. 49ers and Cards are fighting for him from what I hear. In the $15m per range.

Im affraid our only solution to this terrible OL will come in the form of luck in the draft. We need to get at least 2, maybe 3 new starters on the line.
                            Dont think the Cards are a threat. They are going to have to spend $15-$20 mil on a QB. But the 49ers are a legit threat. But to me this was always a 2 year rebuild. Get the QB at 2 and start it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                              Who doesn’t miss Prince Amukamara?
                              And he happens to be a free agent once again...

Comment

Working...
                              X