Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sorry guys...The Giants are simply NOT an attractive destination for free agents

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry guys...The Giants are simply NOT an attractive destination for free agents

Everyone is shocked that Norwell went elsewhere. Why? I told you all he was probably not coming here. Why would he. We are a 3-13 team with an aging QB. Not exactly an exciting option.
    So we need to "fix" the O line. well that's not so easy when you have a bad team and limited cap space.

We better be able to right our ship with young players and the guys we have...with a few B level vet free agent sprinkled in. Maybe we'll make a splash with someone but if we do we better be willing to overpay.
    Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

also big tax dif between NJ and FL. Also dont forget maybe, just maybe the Gianst offer was significantly lower.
    Not many players are turning down money. You know that.

And stop blaming Eli for everything
    "it won't matter who we pick at #2 because whoever it is we need him..."

​​​​​​ -Jesse James

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
      also big tax dif between NJ and FL. Also dont forget maybe, just maybe the Gianst offer was significantly lower.
      Not many players are turning down money. You know that.

And stop blaming Eli for everything
      It's hard to believe that we are this bad and have so little cap room. We are not in a good position guys. These guys are all getting OVER paid so far.
      Watkins, Alan Robinson, Norwell....all over paid. That is what free agency brings.

We have a lot of work to do and I truly believe we can be competitive in 2018, but we are going to have to do it essentially with the players we have, a few lower level free agents, and our draft picks. Hopefully we can make that deal with Cleveland and pick up two more 2nd rounders.

Comment

I had a bad feeling we wouldn’t land land him but I thought he was headed out west.

MS, are you telling us he chose Bortles over our guy?

Comment

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
          I had a bad feeling we wouldn’t land land him but I thought he was headed out west.

Easy boy.....You're gunna pay for that comment.

Comment

Careers are short. Are the Giants an exciting landing place? Not really. But, make no mistake, players/agents go where the contract/guaranteed money is fattest.
            Giants General Manager George Young recalls, "On his first day back, he wrote on our locker room chalkboard, 'The grass is greener, my butt. P. McConkey.' "

Comment

Originally posted by kissjrj View Post
              Careers are short. Are the Giants an exciting landing place? Not really. But, make no mistake, players/agents go where the contract/guaranteed money is fattest.
              My point is that we are a bad team with a mediocre amount of cap space. I told everyone that Norwell was in huge demand. EVERYONE is looking for O line help and will be willing to overpay for it.
              "Fixing" the O line, despite the nonsense being spewed around here...is VERY hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                Everyone is shocked that Norwell went elsewhere. Why? I told you all he was probably not coming here. Why would he. We are a 3-13 team with an aging QB. Not exactly an exciting option.
                So we need to "fix" the O line. well that's not so easy when you have a bad team and limited cap space.

We better be able to right our ship with young players and the guys we have...with a few B level vet free agent sprinkled in. Maybe we'll make a splash with someone but if we do we better be willing to overpay.

This is BS.. the Rams were a last place team but they signed Whitworth, we didn’t have any problems attracting Vernon,drc, jackrabbit or snacks after losing seasons. If you have the money they will come.
                Last edited by DarkSaint; 03-13-2018, 08:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post
                  This is BS.. the Rams were a last place team but they signed Witworth
                  A young QB but you are right. How much cap room did they have last year? And how old was Whitworth?

Bad teams usually have a lot of cap room and can over pay.

Comment

You are overthinking this.

Jax Made him the highest paid guard in the league in a state where there is no state income tax.

Comment

Coughlin with the big F U to the Mara's hahahahaha...

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                        You are overthinking this.

Jax Made him the highest paid guard in the league in a state where there is no state income tax.
                        I agree
                        "Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad." Darrell Royal

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

A young QB but you are right. How much cap room did they have last year? And how old was Whitworth?

Bad teams usually have a lot of cap room and can over pay.
                          At the time of the signing, Geoff had bust written all over him so your point is irrelevant. I like how you conveniently ignored the rest of the post of the free agents we signed. Hahah concession accepted, and I like how you indirectly turned this towards Eli. Roosevelt is right, you wanted to blame Eli for free agents possibly avoiding the giants.
                          Last edited by DarkSaint; 03-13-2018, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post

he sure did...he knows if he misses a block on a pass rusher there is still a good chance Bortles either makes him miss on the sack or will take off and run for a positive gain...will make his sacks/QB hits allowed stats look really good....hahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post
                              At the time of the signing, Geoff had just written on him so that doesn’t matter. And you conveniently ignored the rest of the posts of your he free agents we signed. Hahah confession accepted, and I like how you indirectly turned this towards Eli. Roosevelt is right, you wanted to say no one wants to play with an aging qb
                              We have not made one move in FA and it is all gloom and doom . Because the Cut , Eli narrative is not going to happen. They need a new point to hold on to "build for the future"( WTF does that even mean?) instead of Win now mentality. IMO; They are scared if the FO puts a good line and running game around him . Eli may prove them wrong.
                              "Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad." Darrell Royal

Comment

Working...
                              X