Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eli Manning or QB Hell? Choose

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Eli Manning or QB Hell? Choose

    What a blessing it is to be picking at #2 overall. A miserable season with the potential for landing Eli's replacement AND developing Webb.

    Look around the league and laugh. Look at the stress and insane movement by these teams NOT at the #2 overall trying to avoid QB Hell

    Buffalo appears to be willing to pay any price for a QB. Look at them lol. Accumulate a ton of picks, trade Glenn to move up AND STILL, they aren't in position for a QB unless they trade a TON.


    Vikings go to the NFC Championship and they are potentially lost without Cousins. Do they resign Bridgewater? What is happening in Minny?

    Cardinals - what's the answer? Talk about desperate. They're lost without a QB. What do they do?

    Denver is apparently getting Keenam. Why? B/c they can't trust they can land a QB at their pick who can contribute next season is my guess. They might still go QB yet the cost of moving up, if that's even possible, must be astronomical.

    Jets - what choices do they have? Wait which likely won't work or get into a bidding war with Buffalo who has a ton of picks and might pay any price.

    Miami - heck, with the Bills and Jets trying for a Qb what keeps a question mark in Miami from trying?


    Meanwhile, any team signing Keenam, Cousins etc gets thrown into the pot possibly looking Qb within two years with:

    Pitt, San Diego, maybe Washington, Cincy, Baltimore and Drew Brees won't last forever. Also, Bortles extension is almost up in two years,and Winston clearly took a step back in Tampa. Who else will need a QB?

    Giants can go QB or jump right into the middle of QB hell with the rest. Especially if they pass on QB at #2 and come mid-Sept when Eli makes the same mistakes he's made over the past five years. We can see it. Fans screaming for Webb after a loss and Eli played so/so yet Webb sits the bench and we all speculate what the future holds with so much uncertainty.

    Go QB Please and let the rest compete for limited supply in QB hell.

    Anybody agree?


  • #2
    I'm looking at the Giants and shaking my head. They have made every mistake in the book over the years and are paying the price. And given that the Super Bowl Champion Eagles are getting better by the day, it looks like we have almost no chance to win the division this year.

    So no, I don't agree.

    Comment


    • #3
      I don't think taking any of these guys means you won't be in QB hell. I don't look at any of them and say wow they are great .. could one of them turn into a great franchise guy?? Sure .. but is the chance higher they will just be average or nothing at all? Yeah I think so. So my bigger fear Is that we take one of these guys at 2 and he's a flop or doesn't play for 3-4 years. If I'm picking I'm taking an immediate impact player or trading down and getting more picks because we just have too many holes . Taking a guy who won't help us for years and possibly never help us will sink an already unstable team for years .

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by NYG9289 View Post
        I'm looking at the Giants and shaking my head. They have made every mistake in the book over the years and are paying the price. And given that the Super Bowl Champion Eagles are getting better by the day, it looks like we have almost no chance to win the division this year.

        So no, I don't agree.
        So your solutions is jump into QB hell within 2 years. Awesome. - as if a ton of picks will all develop overnight in addition to winning long term with a 37 year old QB while the Eagles have a kid.

        Comment


        • #5
          both can happen....

          I dig Eli but he he lost his mojo and needs to get it back. This above and beyond all the other issues with the Giants offense.
          "it won't matter who we pick at #2 because whoever it is we need him..."

          ​​​​​​ -Jesse James

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Mj312 View Post
            I don't think taking any of these guys means you won't be in QB hell. I don't look at any of them and say wow they are great .. could one of them turn into a great franchise guy?? Sure .. but is the chance higher they will just be average or nothing at all? Yeah I think so. So my bigger fear Is that we take one of these guys at 2 and he's a flop or doesn't play for 3-4 years. If I'm picking I'm taking an immediate impact player or trading down and getting more picks because we just have too many holes . Taking a guy who won't help us for years and possibly never help us will sink an already unstable team for years .
            Eli, #1 pick a QB and Webb I think increases the likelihood of avoiding QB hell. You're basically putting all your eggs into a 3rd Round pick.

            Guaranteed, if the Giants pass on a QB and end up between 7-9 and 9-7 all those not wanting a QB will be begging for a QB and willing to part ways with many picks which still won't be enough.

            No thanks

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by NYSPORTS View Post

              So your solutions is jump into QB hell within 2 years. Awesome. - as if a ton of picks will all develop overnight in addition to winning long term with a 37 year old QB while the Eagles have a kid.
              No, my solution was to sit Eli and see what we had in Davis Webb when last season became completely irrelevant early on. That was the smart move. The people running our organization didn't do that. They didn't see what we had in Webb and now we essentially as fans have to go into the draft completely blind, not knowing what we have in last year's 3rd round pick. We also have a coach who says that Eli has "several years left", which is just so pathetically dumb that it's insane that he could even say that. Everyone with a brain knows Eli is done.

              Now that they're starting Eli again, and there is no sure thing with any of these QBs, what is the rationale in drafting another QB? All have big question marks, I would rather hold off. There are several good pieces in this draft that can be franchise players at positions other than QB. Draft one of them and get back to work and once Eli starts fumbling, falling over untouched, and throwing picks, please play Davis Webb.

              If you do draft a QB, draft Josh Allen. Not the fumbling, soft pretty boy from the school that produces nothing but NFL QB busts.

              Comment


              • #8
                I agree these opportunities don't come around often, we need to get the QB.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by nycowns View Post
                  I agree these opportunities don't come around often, we need to get the QB.
                  You mean the opportunity to draft 1 of maybe 4 very iffy QBs? That comes around every draft dude

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Agree. The worst thing that can happen is that we stay a perennial 6-10 or 7-9 team.
                    http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
                    http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
                    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

                    Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by NYG9289 View Post

                      You mean the opportunity to draft 1 of maybe 4 very iffy QBs? That comes around every draft dude
                      LOL - yeah, b/c you're going to get a can't miss right. I'm sure you've looked to the next two years and all the 6'2 scrambling QB's with inaccurate arms coming out and haven't realized the Qb's coming out this year are a two or three years younger than when Eli started his first game.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by NYSPORTS View Post

                        Eli, #1 pick a QB and Webb I think increases the likelihood of avoiding QB hell. You're basically putting all your eggs into a 3rd Round pick.

                        Guaranteed, if the Giants pass on a QB and end up between 7-9 and 9-7 all those not wanting a QB will be begging for a QB and willing to part ways with many picks which still won't be enough.

                        No thanks
                        If that happens I would rather part ways with picks for a guy that we love next year . Sometimes trading up and losing picks has to happen . Honestly , in a better situation where there was a clear cut #1 QB in the draft I would agree with you , get him! However , these guys worry me and I'd much rather get the best player in the draft ( which is def not any of these QBs) or get more picks and start to build. With all of our immediate needs I will be shocked If gettleman takes any of these guys. We already lost richburg , can you imagine if Pugh and fluker go?? We will need to pick O-line for every single pick in the draft .

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by NYG9289 View Post

                          You mean the opportunity to draft 1 of maybe 4 very iffy QBs? That comes around every draft dude
                          Short Andrew Luck, practically every QB coming out of college was iffy.

                          Weren't Wentz and Goff not NF Lready?
                          http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
                          http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
                          http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

                          Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by NYSPORTS View Post

                            LOL - yeah, b/c you're going to get a can't miss right. I'm sure you've looked to the next two years and all the 6'2 scrambling QB's with inaccurate arms coming out and haven't realized the Qb's coming out this year are a two or three years younger than when Eli started his first game.
                            What about the 6'4 stud from Cal that we drafted last year who can escape pressure, can throw on the run, has a rocket arm, and whose teammates all praise?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by NYG9289 View Post

                              What about the 6'4 stud from Cal that we drafted last year who can escape pressure, can throw on the run, has a rocket arm, and whose teammates all praise?
                              So you didn't bother reading my original thread did you? The guy drafted in the 3rd Round who still hasn't thrown a pass yet? Like I mentioned earlier, if Webb is good along with the Top pick that's a great problem too have. Especially considering the market for QB's. No way I'm hoping Webb is the answer in a QB league yet like the odds on Eli, Webb and the #1 pick QB. Posted that many times.
                              Last edited by NYSPORTS; 03-13-2018, 12:29 PM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X