Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My position is evolving.....

..with regard to OBJ.

At this point, if we trade him I am not going to fret.
    The thought of putting our success as a franchise in big moments into the hands of this guy is more than I want to contemplate.

Like Plax, Odell has a critical inability to control his impulses and that lack of control will continue to haunt this team, most likely at really important moments.

I haven't yet totally given up on him but if the FO decides he needs to go, I can live with that.
    No one remembers who came in second.

I hear you Jomo...But DAMN is he great.
    I really wish he would knock it off because the sky is the limit with him. I can't believe we would ever get equal value for him...at least equal value in pure talent.
    But I do suspect that ownership and the FO are getting sick of him.
    Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
      ..with regard to OBJ.

At this point, if we trade him I am not going to fret.
      The thought of putting our success as a franchise in big moments into the hands of this guy is more than I want to contemplate.

Like Plax, Odell has a critical inability to control his impulses and that lack of control will continue to haunt this team, most likely at really important moments.

I haven't yet totally given up on him but if the FO decides he needs to go, I can live with that.
      Get ready to be savaged.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

Get ready to be savaged.
        No way. The Giants MB is full of cerebral, thoughtful and kind hearted Giants fans.

Like me

Comment

I was just listening to Mike Evans talking about how important his legacy is. It's too bad Odell doesn't give a flying **** about his.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

No way. The Giants MB is full of cerebral, thoughtful and kind hearted Giants fans.

Like me
            No one should come here for comfort.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post

No one should come here for comfort.
              I heard Eli comes here to rejuvenate his spirit.

Comment

Like me
                183241-S-YEI11-250-840x420.jpg

Of course, these guys are just drilling.

Comment

I really wish he would knock it off because the sky is the limit with him. I can't believe we would ever get equal value for him...at least equal value in pure talent.
                  He is great and it pains me to even think this way, but...

He just values celebrity more than he values immortality. The TRULY great ones just don't act this way.
                  He clearly has impulses he can't control just like Plax and none of us are going to fix that.

I guess I am one of those people who hate losing more than I like winning.
                  The thought of getting burned by him again, in a big moment when some punk CB gets inside his head and we have to finish a big game without OBJ, is something I can't bear to think about.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post

I heard Eli comes here to rejuvenate his spirit.
                    lol

Comment

I would not be upset if they traded him. Yeah he could be great, but his durability is in question at this point. And the crap he does is just that - crap.

I'm pretty sick of it myself. Let him go. There are plenty of teams who would be interested. Get some players in here who are serious.

Comment

Originally posted by scoostraw View Post

I would not be upset if they traded him. Yeah he could be great, but his durability is in question at this point. And the crap he does is just that - crap.

I'm pretty sick of it myself. Let him go. There are plenty of teams who would be interested. Get some players in here who are serious.
                        We all want to love this guy but he just makes it harder and harder.

Comment

Originally posted by scoostraw View Post

I would guess the new regime is going to give him a chance this year. He's new to them and I'm sure they think THEY can reach him and get more from him.

Comment

I'm starting to get into the same boat, jomo. His priorities are way out of wack, in my opinion. He's a gamebreaker and a Hall of Famer if he wants to be, but his act is wearing thin and is getting less and less worth the returns.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post

We all want to love this guy but he just makes it harder and harder.
                              I actually believe he is earnest and attentive when the owner and HC are trying to mentor him.
                              I believe he works hard (physically) to prepare.

He just doesn't have what it takes between the ears to be truly great and more importantly to become someone we can count on to not lose his **** at an important moment. He can't control his impulses.

There is no harm in at least finding out what we could fetch for him.

Comment

Working...
                              X