X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants sign OLB Kareem Martin

https://mobile.twitter.com/RapSheet/...144184320?s=19

Rap sheet reporting.

Former Cardinal - familiar with Bettcher.

Apparently he is a monster athletically and size wise and a solid pass rusher with potential that he hasn't put together yet. 3rd round pick.

Depending on money this can be a very good under the radar signing. Bettcher clearly saw something in him and will fit the new 34 scheme.

User lurking Jared Goff with extreme athleticism :O

Dude is big and has measurables.

http://m.azcardinals.com/videos/vide...6-73c7dda6dbe0

Comment

No one cares?

Dude is 6'6 272 and if nothing else, a solid depth signing.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG_Blue_87 View Post
        No one cares?

Dude is 6'6 272 and if nothing else, a solid depth signing.
        I care Big Blue 87

I just don't know enough about the guy to comment

Comment

He's an average 3-4 rusher at best, nothing special about his college or pro film.
          sigpic

Comment

He's someone I wanted in the middle rounds when he was in the draft. Familiar with the system and should be solid as a rotational guy at the least. I don't mind the move at all
            sigpic
            S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
            6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn

Comment

Ill just say yay...half-hearted . We will see if he is an upgrade to the terrible lber signings that have taken place for some time

Comment

I liked Martin coming out of UNC.. see what happens..

Comment

Defensive end body, moves like a linebacker......I like it.... That's now two linebackers that can rush the passer......I like what were doing here, addressing weaknesses aka getting after the QB

Comment

From what I have read, Cardinals fans were not happy they let him go to FA. Seems like an ascending player. Remember him coming from UNC and I liked him. Havent heard much since but this seems like a good move.

Comment

He isn't a star or anything. We signing him because we lost kennard. Hopefully he adds something and stays healthy.

Comment

Good signing it would seem for a younger player working on putting it together. Hopefully he can help out on Defense and Special Teams.

Maybe he can play TE too? LoL!

Actually at 6'6" ~270 and good speed, maybe that isn't a bad idea to have him be a Goal Line TE.

Comment

seems like he will be a DE in 4-3 base and an OLB in 3-4 base (if they do that)
                          Pretty big dude with good positive reviews. Has shown steady improvement since his rookie year.
                          Just on the surface he will provide way more than just depth. The Giants need a good rotation up front
                          "it won't matter who we pick at #2 because whoever it is we need him..."

​​​​​​ -Jesse James

Comment

These signings are important. It paints a clear picture of what Gettleman is doing. LBs were needed badly, he signed two and OV will likely stand up and be another. LT needed most of all, went after the only real LT option in the NFL this year and got him.

We still need OL help, but in a deep interior OL class we should be able to find it. We need RB help and should be able to find that too. We will need a CB too. Most of the major holes are being filled though and we won't be forced into taking any one specific position in this draft.
                            LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                            "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Can' be worse than what we've had

Comment

Working...
                              X