new cap situation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new cap situation

I try to update the list with all the new information available.

Cap space available before newest movements:
    0.09M / -9.41M with draft pool cap

Signings not included in this cap hit and estimates of their cap hits:

Kareem Martin: 2M
    Jonathan Stewart: 3M
    Teddy Wiliams: 1M
    Patrick Omameh: 2M

Cap space after these estimates:
    -7.9M / -17.4M after draft pool cap

Possible savings:
    Ogletree 5.5M (restructure to 4.5M cap hit)
    Cut Harris 2.5M
    Cut Marshall 5.1M
    Cut John Jerry 2.5M

Cap space after possible savings:
    7.7M / -1.8M after draft pool cap

Only the Top 51 players count against the cap. So I can delete the cap hit of 21 players with a hit of 0.5M right now:
    Cut 21 players 10.5M

Final cap space after new signings and possible savings:
    18.2M / 8.7M after draft pool cap

------------

Please notice that I had to cut 3 players and restructure Ogletree for this.

And we still need to sign Cockrell, a kicker, a punter, LB's, a #2 WR. I don't know how we can afford this. Maybe a surprising cut/trade coming up?
    Last edited by hakunamatata; 03-15-2018, 06:21 AM.

Originally posted by hakunamatata View Post
    I used the Spotrac calculator and added the following cap hits:
    Herzlich: 0.7M
    Kareem Martin: 1M
    Nate Solder: 15M

These signings give us a cap space of -8.2M
    If we subtract the rookie pool (9.5) we now have -17.7M in cap space

After the following savings:
    Ogletree to 4.5M cap hit
    Cuting Harris, Marshall, John Jerry

I get a cap space of 7.3M (-2.2 after subtracting the rookie pool)

Only the Top 51 players count against the cap. So I can delete 18 players from the list with a hit of around 0.5M which saves another 9M.

aaaaaand finally we get a cap space of 16.3M minus the rookie pool = 6.8M

Please notice that I had to cut 3 players and restructure Ogletree for this. And I don't know how they load the contract of Solder.
    Why I honestly believe we trade our 1st pick away. It could save as much as of 3 to 4 million just going from 2 -12
    "Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad." Darrell Royal

Comment

A team with a 3-13 record has many candidates for the axe.
      No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

I donít concern myself with the teamís cap which is not meant as a slight to those who do.

I just feel the Giants have a responsibility to their fan base to manage it and put a decent product on the field.

No excuses.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post

Why I honestly believe we trade our 1st pick away. It could save as much as of 3 to 4 million just going from 2 -12
          The New York Giants aren't a Walmart. Our focus isn't Low, Low Prices. It's winning football games.

Comment

Ogletree to 4.5M cap hit

Only the Top 51 players count against the cap. So I can delete 18 players from the list with a hit of around 0.5M which saves another 9M.

Please notice that I had to cut 3 players and restructure Ogletree for this. And I don't know how they load the contract of Solder.

And we still need to sign Cockrell, a kicker, a punter, LB's, a #2 WR. I don't know how we can afford this. Maybe a surprising cut/trade coming up?
            Nice breakdown. Thank you.

Can't believe there's 3.7M tied up in Herzlich and Stewart. Pathetic.

And I'll keep reiterating, at the expense of being lashed out by the Eli Knights, that we should have released Eli. Especially as a June 1st designation. That alone would free up $16M against the cap.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

The New York Giants aren't a Walmart. Our focus isn't Low, Low Prices. It's winning football games.
              We have done very well in the lower half of the draft. OBJ was the 12th pick . We can get a QB in the 6th ( so your head will not pop an emblizim.) I heard rumor Brady was taken in that round.
              "Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad." Darrell Royal

Comment

Ogletree to 4.5M cap hit

Not a fan of Shepard, I assume? Another WR would be nice, but I think we're fine with Odell, Shep and Engram. Add Barkley to the mix and we'll be set in the "weapons" department.
                NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
                Garrett Bolles - OT
                David Njoku - TE
                Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

Originally posted by buried_in_snow View Post

Nice breakdown. Thank you.

Can't believe there's 3.7M tied up in Herzlich and Stewart. Pathetic.

And I'll keep reiterating, at the expense of being lashed out by the Eli Knights, that we should have released Eli. Especially as a June 1st designation. That alone would free up $16M against the cap.
                  0.7m is VET minimum for Herzlich. What's NOT to believe about that? Ridiculous statement.
                  ★★★Mark Herzlich Crew★★★

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post

We have done very well in the lower half of the draft. OBJ was the 12th pick . We can get a QB in the 6th ( so your head will not pop an emblizim.) I heard rumor Brady was taken in that round.
                    Eli Apple was a 10th pick. Ereck Flowers a 9th. Justin Pugh a 19th. David Wilson a 32nd.

Meanwhile, Eli Manning was a 1st pick. Lawrence Taylor was a 2nd.

See the difference?

Comment

Originally posted by Piddy283 View Post

Not a fan of Shepard, I assume? Another WR would be nice, but I think we're fine with Odell, Shep and Engram. Add Barkley to the mix and we'll be set in the "weapons" department.
                      Well, except at QB.

Which is the most important weapon on the field.

Comment

Eli Apple was a 10th pick. Ereck Flowers a 9th. Justin Pugh a 19th. David Wilson a 32nd.

Meanwhile, Eli Manning was a 1st pick. Lawrence Taylor was a 2nd.

See the difference?
                        Since we picked Rivers at 4

Top 3rd of the 1st

Ereck Flowers pick 9
                        Eli Apple pick 10

Middle third of the 1st

Aaron Ross pick 22
                        Jason Pierre-Paul pick 15
                        Prince Amukamara pick 19
                        Justin Pugh pick 19
                        Odell Beckham Jr. pick 12

Lower 3rd of the 1st

Mathias Kiwanuka pick 32
                        Kenny Phillips pick 31
                        Hakeem Nicks pick 29
                        David Wilson pick 32
                        Evan Engram pick 23

Comment

Well, except at QB.

Which is the most important weapon on the field.
                          You're pretty annoying. Darnold will be picked by the Browns. If so, I don't like any other QB so I hope we go Barkley or trade down.

If Darnold happens to get by the Browns, then I'd be absolutely fine with taking Darnold. He's my #1 QB, and the only one worth a top pick in my opinion.
                          NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
                          Garrett Bolles - OT
                          David Njoku - TE
                          Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

Originally posted by Piddy283 View Post

You're pretty annoying. Darnold will be picked by the Browns. If so, I don't like any other QB so I hope we go Barkley or trade down.

If Darnold happens to get by the Browns, then I'd be absolutely fine with taking Darnold. He's my #1 QB, and the only one worth a top pick in my opinion.
                            I'm pretty annoying because I bring up QB every time you bring up Barkley.

Maybe if you' weren't pushing Barkley ad nauseam...

Comment

I'm pretty annoying because I bring up QB every time you bring up Barkley.

Maybe if you' weren't pushing Barkley ad nauseam...
                              Have a Krimpet

Comment

Working...
                              X