Too good of a deal to pass up?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too good of a deal to pass up?

Im not criticizing the fact that DG traded JPP, but a third round pick for him and a bump back in the fourth......is that really that great of a value or Too good of a deal to pass up? As he said.

Honestly that's a great deal for us, JPP isn't a top player, plus the injury to his right hand, honestly i thought getting a 4th for him would have been hard, but gotta thank the Bucs, they desperate for Pass rushers and have the cap room...
    Last edited by barran21; 03-22-2018, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Fans overvaluing the teams' players Part 50. No, Ryan Nassib was not worth anything for a trade as a Giant and JPP is not a top DE in the game to be worth a first or second round pick.

Comment

Originally posted by ebick View Post
        Im not criticizing the fact that DG traded JPP, but a third round pick for him and a bump back in the fourth......is that really that great of a value or Too good of a deal to pass up? As he said.
        you're not taking into consideration the cap room..

Comment

I thought JPP was unmovable.. So yes, I think it was a good trade

Comment

IN HINE SIGHT JPP TRADE = ALEC OGLETREE FOR ONLY A ROUND COMPENSATORY PICK, GOT RID OF DE THAT CAN'T PLAY IN A 3-4, GOT RID OFAN EXPENSIVE CONTRACT, PUT 2. SOMETHING MILLION DOLLARS BACK IN OUR CAP, GAVE US A TOTAL OF 4 PICKS UNDER 70TH OVER ALL AND ALLOWED IS TO MAKE MORE MOVES... IM LOVING ALL I WILL MISS JPP!!!

Comment

I thought we were stuck with Jpp and his outrageous contract going forward.

At least we got a extra 3rd Rd pick and were able to dump his contract. I never thought that was going to happen.

I think players on this team will be hungry to go out and prove to the GM and HC that they are worth putting on there Giant Jersey.

I do not expect any half assing routes and blown assignments this year.

Hoping for smash mouth Giant football this next season

Comment

Originally posted by IBleedblue2323 View Post
                I thought we were stuck with Jpp and his outrageous contract going forward.

At least we got a extra 3rd Rd pick and were able to dump his contract. I never thought that was going to happen.

I think players on this team will be hungry to go out and prove to the GM and HC that they are worth putting on there Giant Jersey.

I do not expect any half assing routes and blown assignments this year.

Hoping for smash mouth Giant football this next season
                It does send a message! Every player is expendable. Im with you!

Comment

Originally posted by PennState1 View Post

It does send a message! Every player is expendable. Im with you!
                  I'm sure the value was picking up a 3-4 friendly player with the 3rd rounder, eating the money now as opposed to later and possibly discarding a player they viewed as vastly overpaid by the previous regime. That makes sense to me. It also would explain why JPP was plenty expendable to them.
                  sigpic Verbally I'm untouchable like Eliot Ness.

Comment

Originally posted by ebick View Post
                    i think it was easily the best deal available for JPP.

that's an absolute boat anchor of a contract, and to get the 3rd and a huge move up in the 4th?

Freeing up the cap space he was occupying was FAR MORE VALUABLE than retaining his production, especially going into some kind of hybrid 3-4 system.
                    sigpic

Comment

Considering JPP was likely to be cut as a cap casualty after this year, the fact that we got a 3rd for him is excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by gibril28wilson View Post
                        Considering JPP was likely to be cut as a cap casualty after this year, the fact that we got a 3rd for him is excellent.
                        Jpp was not getting cut after this year. He wouldn't of gotten cut till 2020.
                        [SIGPIC]

Comment

He needed to move a contract . We all knew it . It is what it is.
                          The Dallas Cowboys have now gone exactly One Third of their pathetic existence without a Super bowl appearance.

Comment

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
                            I thought JPP was unmovable.. So yes, I think it was a good trade
                            I thought the same thing. Who in their right mind other than jr would pay an ageing 7 fingered underperforming DE all that money? Well the same guy that drafted a kicker in the second round than cut him the next year. The giants are laughing at the bucs right now. And the fact we got a 3rd round pick, dear lord that's like stealing.
                            [SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by barran21 View Post
                              Honestly that's a great deal for us, JPP isn't a top player, plus the injury to his right hand, honestly i thought getting a 4th for him would have been hard, but gotta thank the Bucs, they desperate for Pass rushers and have the cap room...
                              He had his best season since blowing up his hand.

Comment

Working...
                              X