Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EDITED: Listen to Mel Kiper/Ralph V/La Greca..when Giants selected JPP...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EDITED: Listen to Mel Kiper/Ralph V/La Greca..when Giants selected JPP...

EDITED: OP pointed out that it wasnt Kiper, it was Don la greco speaking at the end. Couldn't tell. My mistake fellas, I apologize.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/n...ory?id=5130738

Awesome....JPP, they might have had doubts, we may have had doubts, good thing you shut everyone up!

Re: Listen to Mel Kiper..when Giants selected JPP...

You're better off not listening to Mel Kiper Jr.

Him and McShay are ****ing pathetic.
    My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

Mel Kiper's not as smart as he think he is. Maybe he inhaled too much of those fumes of that hairspray he be saturating his head with.

Comment

[quote user="gmen0820"]You're better off not listening to Mel Kiper Jr.

Him and McShay are ****ing pathetic.[/quote]

Oh yeah I definately know that, that is why I posted it...I love when Kiper n mcshay are completely off. Mayock is solid IMO

Comment

like many, Im not a big Kiper fan. But I give him props for 1 thing, he will state his mind even if it is a negative opinion. Mayock is clearly better, but he will not say anything bad about anyone. Its classy no doubt, but its also kind of annoying when your talking about a guy paid to give his opinion. Mayock's lack of negativity and being a former player garner him popularity/respect among players and front offices arond the league. He has connections that get him better inside info than both Kiper and McShay. Therefor his drafts are more accurate.

But, Kiper will tell you what he thinks either way. For that, I appreciate him even if I often disagree with him.

And to be very fair, Kiper is often wrong but so are the best GMs in the business. Its a very imperfect science. Kiper works hard, he gives his opinion(what he is paid to do) and lives with it. I can respect that, even if I think his opinion is often wrong.

And lastly, to be fair, MANY people on these boards said MUCH worse things than Kiper about the JPP pick in 2010....

sigpic

Comment

Kiper never said such a thing. He was extremely high on JPP. Had him going to the Jags at a 11. Your link doesn't even have a quote from Kiper in it.

Direct quote from Kiper: "Pierre-Paul could be the Mario Williams of this draft class, a raw talent but one with remarkable athleticism and an incredible burst off the line," Kiper writes.

Comment

I was so glad when NFL Network became available on my cable/satellite.

I am more of a Mayock fan than Kiper or mcShay.

Comment

[quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"]"boy, did they waste this pick at #15" - Mel Kiper

Awesome....JPP, they might have had doubts, we may have had doubts, good thing you shut everyone up![/quote] Thanks for posting this

Comment

[quote user="J***yJoe"]Kiper never said such a thing. He was extremely high on JPP. Had him going to the Jags at a 11. Your link doesn't even have a quote from Kiper in it.

Direct quote from Kiper: "Pierre-Paul could be the Mario Williams of this draft class, a raw talent but one with remarkable athleticism and an incredible burst off the line," Kiper writes.[/quote]

+1

I even listened to the audio clip in this link. Nothing but praise.

OP, What gives?

Comment

[quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"]"boy, did they waste this pick at #15" - Mel Kiper

Awesome....JPP, they might have had doubts, we may have had doubts, good thing you shut everyone up![/quote]

I don't like Kiper, but he had nothing bad to say. He said that he could develop into a "fierce pass rusher in this league" in the "mold of Osi Umenyiora."

In the last 5 seconds Don La Greca of ESPN New York radio asked (paraphrasing), "Is this a pick where we will look back and say, 'wow, what athleticism, what a player,' or will we look back and say, 'boy, did they waste this pick at 15."

Comment

[quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"][quote user="gmen0820"]You're better off not listening to Mel Kiper Jr.

Him and McShay are ****ing pathetic.[/quote]

Oh yeah I definately know that, that is why I posted it...I love when Kiper n mcshay are completely off. Mayock is solid IMO[/quote]

Mayock is the man, very high football IQ and really good at evaluating talent. I like when he does the commentary for nfl networks games too, goes very in depth with the plays. I always watch the nfl network draft coverage over bspn, Kiper is simply amusing because he's so ridiculous, that's it.

Comment

he's a buffoon, i'd sooner take draft advice from Fooch

Comment

Awesome....JPP, they might have had doubts, we may have had doubts, good thing you shut everyone up![/quote]
                          Huh? Kiper said no such thing.

Comment

OP when did Mel say this? I only recall him saying nothing but good things about JPP. In fact he had him ranked in the top 15 over picks that year. What's this article have to do with this quote?

Comment

[quote user="J***yJoe"]Kiper never said such a thing. He was extremely high on JPP. Had him going to the Jags at a 11. Your link doesn't even have a quote from Kiper in it.

Direct quote from Kiper: "Pierre-Paul could be the Mario Williams of this draft class, a raw talent but one with remarkable athleticism and an incredible burst off the line," Kiper writes.[/quote]

Mario Williams wishes

Comment

Working...
                              X