Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

John Mara should seriously consider never speaking in front of a microphone again.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • John Mara should seriously consider never speaking in front of a microphone again.

    Minus another SB victory.

    He starts the OBJ sweepstakes with his comments.

    He refutes his own comments regarding OBJ.

    He expects OBJ to forget his comments if his windfall trade for OBJ doesn't come to fruition.

    John Mara is a textbook example of someone who inherited success, but will do anything in his power to snag defeat from the jaws of victory.

    Let's be honest. Mara said nothing when Coughlin and Eli delivered him two championships.

  • #2
    He's a lot more vocal now in the media than he used to be, or so it seems. Not unusual to speak at the owners meetings.

    Giants have had their backs against the wall, now, for how many losing seasons since 2011? I don't mind John talking so much as the message he's delivering... what's the message? He says something about OBJ that is in complete conflict with what his co-owner says.

    Between this and media leaks at the end of last season about Giants brass disagreeing over the future with Eli...it suggests there's some discord. A little disagreement over the future of the franchise is normal and probably healthy, but it should be kept behind closed doors. Otherwise it comes across as dysfunctional
    Last edited by Helmet; 03-28-2018, 10:30 PM.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      I understood why he felt the need to speak when McAdoo and Reese created the controversy last year. Iím sure he felt he needed to speak up and reign in the situation.

      But itís like now he got the taste for the spotlight himself and he canít resist lol. Although to be frank, itís his team, he can do whatever he pleases

      Comment


      • #4
        I know it's "his team". That's what makes his comments more troubling.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by NetSymptom View Post
          I itís his team, he can do whatever he pleases
          Exactly...

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Eli_QB10 View Post

            Exactly...
            That's a poor excuse. Mara's comments continue to hurt this franchise.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Big Smitty View Post

              That's a poor excuse. Mara's comments continue to hurt this franchise.
              How so?...could be worse, we could have Jerry Jones for an owner

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Helmet View Post
                He's a lot more vocal now in the media than he used to be, or so it seems. Not unusual to speak at the owners meetings.

                Giants have had their backs against the wall, now, for how many losing seasons since 2011? I don't mind John talking so much as the message he's delivering... what's the message? He says something about OBJ that is in complete conflict with what his co-owner says.

                Between this and media leaks at the end of last season about Giants brass disagreeing over the future with Eli...it suggests there's some discord. A little disagreement over the future of the franchise is normal and probably healthy, but it should be kept behind closed doors. Otherwise it comes across as dysfunctional
                +1. Spot on.

                Comment


                • #9
                  This is not the first time he has botched speaking to the press and it won't be his last. I have no respect for the guy. He is a snake. He lost me once he gave Josh Brown a public endorsement knowing exactly what he did.
                  “It drops deep as it does in my breath

                  I never sleep, cuz sleep is the cousin of death

                  Beyond the walls of intelligence, life is defined

                  I think of crime, when I’m in a New York state of mind.”

                  Nasir Jones

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Eli_QB10 View Post

                    How so?...could be worse, we could have Jerry Jones for an owner
                    So we're arguing about a better cancer diagnosis?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by SG88 View Post
                      This is not the first time he has botched speaking to the press and it won't be his last. I have no respect for the guy. He is a snake. He lost me once he gave Josh Brown a public endorsement knowing exactly what he did.
                      +1 A true Giants fan. Mara is a train wreck.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Mara lol

                        how did we know Reese was going to scout the UCLA/USC game?
                        how did we know he asked Reese if it was about time to start looking at QBs
                        how did we know he signed up off on others getting a look at QB?
                        how do we know he casts a vote for some of these draft choices?
                        how do we know he's tired of speaking about OBJ?
                        how do we know he built a colorless stadium and blames the Jets
                        how do we know PSL lost most of the season ticket holders?

                        hey "we're a football family" and a bad soap opera John

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by NYSPORTS View Post
                          Mara lol

                          how did we know Reese was going to scout the UCLA/USC game?
                          how did we know he asked Reese if it was about time to start looking at QBs
                          how did we know he signed up off on others getting a look at QB?
                          how do we know he casts a vote for some of these draft choices?
                          how do we know he's tired of speaking about OBJ?
                          how do we know he built a colorless stadium and blames the Jets
                          how do we know PSL lost most of the season ticket holders?

                          hey "we're a football family" and a bad soap opera John
                          Agreed. John Mara is the biggest obstacle to his father's franchise. He lost his entire base in that new stadium boondoggle. He and the Giants no longer garner a nickel from me. And I am cocksure that I am not alone.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Big Smitty View Post

                            So we're arguing about a better cancer diagnosis?
                            Not arguing bruh, just discussing...I get that Mara botched it a few times talking to the media and should have not given Josh Brown an endorsement, although maybe JM was not told all the facts but at least he cares as an owner and is attempting to fix this train wreck of a team by bringing in a new GM and HC when most fans were clamoring for a change. Even though Mcadoo didn't work out in the long run JM brought him here because he felt the offense was broken and it did help fix the offense for a little while. The bottom line is that he cares and addresses the media on a regular basis. He's not perfect but I still think he is a good owner. So let's just agree to disagree if you don't feel the same way
                            We all have the right to express our opinions on here...peace

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Eli_QB10 View Post

                              Not arguing bruh, just discussing...I get that Mara botched it a few times talking to the media and should have not given Josh Brown an endorsement, although maybe JM was not told all the facts but at least he cares as an owner and is attempting to fix this train wreck of a team by bringing in a new GM and HC when most fans were clamoring for a change. Even though Mcadoo didn't work out in the long run JM brought him here because he felt the offense was broken and it did help fix the offense for a little while. The bottom line is that he cares and addresses the media on a regular basis. He's not perfect but I still think he is a good owner. So let's just agree to disagree if you don't feel the same way
                              We all have the right to express our opinions on here...peace
                              Agreed, but John Mara's word has been proven to be less than reputable to date. Just saying.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X