Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

John Mara should seriously consider never speaking in front of a microphone again.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OBJ needs to go, he is a diva and a cancer
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NetSymptom View Post
      I understood why he felt the need to speak when McAdoo and Reese created the controversy last year. I’m sure he felt he needed to speak up and reign in the situation.

But it’s like now he got the taste for the spotlight himself and he can’t resist lol. Although to be frank, it’s his team, he can do whatever he pleases
      Wrong! Mara initiated that conversation and seeing other QBs on roster to JR and from JR to Mac..somewhere it got lost the message or the message intent but this narrative that excludes Mara from the uproar with ELI is simply not true. It is an easy out to blame JR and Mac only.

Comment

Originally posted by SG88 View Post
        This is not the first time he has botched speaking to the press and it won't be his last. I have no respect for the guy. He is a snake. He lost me once he gave Josh Brown a public endorsement knowing exactly what he did.
        Shh you're not supposed to mention that....smirk

Comment

Originally posted by NYSPORTS View Post
          Mara lol

how did we know Reese was going to scout the UCLA/USC game?
          how did we know he asked Reese if it was about time to start looking at QBs
          how did we know he signed up off on others getting a look at QB?
          how do we know he casts a vote for some of these draft choices?
          how do we know he's tired of speaking about OBJ?
          how do we know he built a colorless stadium and blames the Jets
          how do we know PSL lost most of the season ticket holders?

hey "we're a football family" and a bad soap opera John
          Mara said from his own mouth that he mentioned to JR about seeing other QBs! Mara also said HE WAS SURPRISED that Eli took issue with it and not go along

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Living View Post

I agree with what Mara said. Perhaps Odell Beckham should start acting like a professional football player, then Mara would not be asked about ODB all the time. Odell created this situation with his infantile off field and on field behavior. Mara is lucky that Mara has been so restrained in his answers. If Parcells or Belichek coached the Giants, Beckham would already be gone.
            So would several other player potentially.

Comment

Originally posted by TE88 View Post
              He has been stepping in it.

All he had to say was

“We are in very very preliminary stages of contract negotiations with Odell. We are not pursuing a trade. Beyond that I don’t speak publically about the player’s contract situation.”

reporter asks about the video:

”Coach Shurmur had the opportunity to speak to Odell recently. We keep any personal discussions with our players in house”

What about Odell saying he won’t step on the field without a new contract?

”Again, we don’t talk about contract negotiations. That’s out of respect for the player and in-line with our business practices. I can tell you that we haven’t received any ultimatums like that from Odell or his agent”

What if a team called you offering a trade?

”Like I said, we are not pursuing any trades.”

But if a team called....?

”I don’t want to trade him.

Mara has been letting his frustrations show too muc*** You can tell the truth while omitting some of your feelings and reach a better outcome.
              +1000

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Living View Post

ODB’s many childish outbursts both on and off the field are well documented, and people like you continue to give Odell a pass, just like the TO lovers always gave Terrell Owen’s a pass. Either Odell grows up and starts acting older than 13, or the Giants will move him. TO had great talent....he’s a hall of famer, and he hurt every team he was on....Odell is going down the same path. Odell is lucky Wellington Mara isn’t still around because he would have been more open with his disappointment in Odell. How Odell thinks the Giants can possibly give him a mega-contract considering his repeated childish antics over the last 4 years. Odell is already out of control now on his rookie deal.....just imagine his behavior after signing a guaranteed mega-deal......it would be a Terrell Owens redux.
                Outbursts on and off the field? lol...........many player past and present are emotional on the sidelines....Brady etc....Oh but he has SBs excuse is lame. Poor behavior is poor behavior. This is an emotional game, apparently ppl think emotions should not play a part...even in PBA (bowling) they show emotion tennis etc. "Outburst".....can you be anymore dramatic. Outside of the Norman incident everything else is petty. The video not a good look but not enough facts either....okay so I give you two situation.
                Peeing stunt
                Celebrations
                Hitting the net
                Hmmmm I'm at a loss anything else? Are all petty and overblown

Again this is about money! Those that seek to destroy him by over exaggerating a lot of what has happen just don't what to pay him the money he deserves PERIOD. So, the attempt mount together all they can to justify it. It's lame and they sound foolish.

The league and NYG have seen worse and CONDONED worse! That is a fact.

Comment

Originally posted by The_ One View Post
                  OBJ needs to go, he is a diva and a cancer
                  So well thought out and articulated. Smh.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

Stopped it? he should have encouraged the starting of Webb after he fired McAdoo and JR.

The fact that he let Eli cry his way back to the starting lineup pissed me right off.
                    +1000 Ahhhh so refreshing

Comment

Originally posted by Red Dog View Post
                      Umm, he owns the team OBJ or any other player does not. His ownership freedoms allows him to say whatever he wants, good or bad
                      Because you can doesn't mean you should and if so......answers can be express so much better IMO

Comment

My problem wit starting Geno was the reason. I was fine with it if it was to hold players accountable. Our QB didn't lead this team. he didn't lift it up. He went down with the ship. When you are 2-9 no one should be safe.
                        But after that Raiders game, Webb needed to start the rest of the season. It would have been in the long term interest of the team.

Ultimately, while I didn't like how John Mara allowed the mob to run the team the last 4 weeks, I do like him in general and think he's a good owner.

But folks are certainly free to disagree.
                        I respectfully disagree*

The mob you speak was upset for 2 reasons.

1) Geno going in. He absolutely provided nothing for the franchise in terms of our future. Everyone on the planet knew this.
                        2) The whole whole high school "keep your streak alive" nature of the process as presented to Eli (or at least to the media/public). It was presented to the public in a way that was extremely disrespectful to Eli.

Now after the Raiders game, the FO/Mara/Spags had a choice. Forge ahead with Webb, or restore Eli.

As it turns out, Ben had given Webb a grand total of 0 snaps with the starters.

Now if you were Spags and you were thinking I just might get this HC gig if we win a few, what would you do?

You can tell me that you would have put in a guy who had never taken a snap with the starters and the assistants said was not as good as Geno, or you could go with a guy you at least could pick out of a line-up.

That would not have been a hard choice for me if I were Spags.

But what about Mara? Could he have stepped in and asked that Webb see action?

He certainly could have, but the mob - that mob wasn't this board. It wasn't Giants fans. It was a wide swath of football fans, current and ex players who basically said we (he) was a joke and it was an incredible blunder.

There's a saying..."when you dig yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop digging". Can I blame him for running out the clock? Not really.

But let's say he did want to play Webb, as either a starter or a back-up. Can you believe that any usable intel could come from Webb playing in 4 games ona 2 win team?

I do not.

I wanted him in there just to get some experience, but not to make any future plans on.

*I'm gonna do that from now on, to show respect to my fellow fans who have a different opinion.
                        Pro Football Hall of Famer and former New York Giants quarterback Kurt Warner shades the team after it "benched" Eli Manning.
                        Last edited by Delicreep; 03-30-2018, 10:35 AM.
                        "I hire my brains"...Horace Trumbauer

Comment

eh...I think fans and media make way too much out of what owners/coaches/players say. What matters is the actions. I really don't care what these people are saying, I care 10X more what they do. In the end of the day, ODB is on this team now and the Giants have most of the leverage. In 2 months from now, ODB could be signed long term and/or he could be traded this is all a moot point.

Comment

Originally posted by Delicreep View Post

I respectfully disagree*

The mob you speak was upset for 2 reasons.

1) Geno going in. He absolutely provided nothing for the franchise in terms of our future. Everyone on the planet knew this.
                            2) The whole whole high school "keep your streak alive" nature of the process as presented to Eli (or at least to the media/public). It was presented to the public in a way that was extremely disrespectful to Eli.

Now after the Raiders game, the FO/Mara/Spags had a choice. Forge ahead with Webb, or restore Eli.

As it turns out, Ben had given Webb a grand total of 0 snaps with the starters.

Now if you were Spags and you were thinking I just might get this HC gig if we win a few, what would you do?

You can tell me that you would have put in a guy who had never taken a snap with the starters and the assistants said was not as good as Geno, or you could go with a guy you at least could pick out of a line-up.

That would not have been a hard choice for me if I were Spags.

But what about Mara? Could he have stepped in and asked that Webb see action?

He certainly could have, but the mob - that mob wasn't this board. It wasn't Giants fans. It was a wide swath of football fans, current and ex players who basically said we (he) was a joke and it was an incredible blunder.

There's a saying..."when you dig yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop digging". Can I blame him for running out the clock? Not really.

But let's say he did want to play Webb, as either a starter or a back-up. Can you believe that any usable intel could come from Webb playing in 4 games ona 2 win team?

I do not.

I wanted him in there just to get some experience, but not to make any future plans on.

*I'm gonna do that from now on, to show respect to my fellow fans who have a different opinion.
                            To answer your question about intel....Absolutely yes.
                            The part about Webb getting zero snaps and s not being "ready".........McAdoo already said that Webb was going to get meaningful playing time in games. So according to the then HC...he WAS ready to play in games.

As far as the "mob" goes....It was ugly and the FO just wanted a return to normalcy for the rest of the season. They made that choice to the detriment of the team in my view.

As far as Spags motivation..he was the interim coach. It needed to be made clear that his role was simply to get through the rest of the season. It was already lost. And John Mara or whoever was the then "acting GM" needed to make sure Webb got those starts. Spags was whistling past the graveyard if he thought he was ever going to be the next Giants HC with his horrific resume and the current fiasco his defense was.
                            Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

as I have said before, Mara speaking to the press absolutely reminds me of Monty Burns on the Simpsons tv show....

Comment

To answer your question about intel....Absolutely yes.
                                The part about Webb getting zero snaps and s not being "ready".........McAdoo already said that Webb was going to get meaningful playing time in games. So according to the then HC...he WAS ready to play in games.

As far as the "mob" goes....It was ugly and the FO just wanted a return to normalcy for the rest of the season. They made that choice to the detriment of the team in my view.

As far as Spags motivation..he was the interim coach. It needed to be made clear that his role was simply to get through the rest of the season. It was already lost. And John Mara or whoever was the then "acting GM" needed to make sure Webb got those starts. Spags was whistling past the graveyard if he thought he was ever going to be the next Giants HC with his horrific resume and the current fiasco his defense was.
                                The only meaningful intel Webb could give us was do we need to draft a QB at #2...not seeing how that can be done in 4 games on a 2 win team.

I guess ready is an opinion...personally, I would like the guy to have actually practiced a single play with the starters before calling him ready. And how ready could he be...according to Ben, Geno was better and gave us the best chance to win. If that's the measuring stick Ben used, what does that say about Webb and his readiness?

And if you think for 1 second that Spags didn't think about getting that HC gig, then my reply would be that both of us thought he was a terrible choice for DC, and he still got that job!

"I hire my brains"...Horace Trumbauer

Comment

Working...
                                X