This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those who need to read this probably won't

This is a place designed for fans to come and share their thoughts and opinions about the New York Football Giants and other related sports issues of the day. As much as we try to deal with individuals who insist on hurling insults, name calling, degrading comments it has gotten to the point where we can't keep up with it all and entire topics become feeding grounds for vile comments about race, religion, sexual orientation, etc.

It is impossible for us to read every post in every topic. Too few members flag posts even though they engage in conversation about how inappropriate some of the commentary is.

Banning members is the last thing any of us want but if we have to we will. But more likely we will just close more topics when we see infractions,

We are all here by invitation and if we can't be civil with one another some of us are not going to be here much longer.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Read understood and will comply, its gotten really bad here lately. I think it stems from a 3 win season lol

Comment

Originally posted by nycowns View Post
      Read understood and will comply, its gotten really bad here lately. I think it stems from a 3 win season lol
      We can make all the excuses in the world but this incivility is going to end. Some folks are not going to be happy and I really regret having to ban people but if that's what it's going to take.....
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Understood...

Comment

IMO, this Odell Beckham Jr thing has shown a lot of member's true colors. I have put a ton of people on my ignore list. RF, if the ignore option is fixed and works well and does not erase this time, this place would be very good. As a black member on these boards, I have offered my availability via PM to help educate and see where I and a very few others are coming from. Only 3 members have gotten back to me. Anyways, I am just gonna chalk the very few racists here as an L and will just keep them on ignore. Just make sure that the ignore option doesnt erase the lists.
          ​​​
          “It drops deep as it does in my breath

I never sleep, cuz sleep is the cousin of death

Beyond the walls of intelligence, life is defined

I think of crime, when I’m in a New York state of mind.”

Nasir Jones

Comment

Originally posted by SG88 View Post
            IMO, this Odell Beckham Jr thing has shown a lot of member's true colors. I have put a ton of people on my ignore list. RF, if the ignore option is fixed and works well and does not erase this time, this place would be very good. As a black member on these boards, I have offered my availability via PM to help educate and see where I and a very few others are coming from. Only 3 members have gotten back to me. Anyways, I am just gonna chalk the very few racists here as an L and will just keep them on ignore. Just make sure that the ignore option doesnt erase the lists.
            ​​​
            It is being monitored. Any inappropriate commentary will be dealt with but we have to be made aware if we don't catch it on our own

Comment

I’m all in.. Now let’s win some games.

Comment

Honestly, folks, the ignore feature, while not perfect, does make things a hell of a lot more tolerable. One major thing that used to drive me insane when I was a Mod were the posts that were reported to repeatedly complain about specific posters' opinions, but those same posters who complained absolutely refused to add those people to their ignore list because they see it as a sign of weakness.

In other words, they wanted people banned because they didn't like their opinions, but they weren't capable of simply skimming over those posts and not acknowledging them. It's probably the root of the biggest problem with this place.

Also, people dont report posts because they feel they're being a "rat", which is hilarious in itself. This is not the mafia, or some secret society, folks. The best thing to do when someone gets under your skin is to let those who are here for such purposes(Mod team) handle the situation, instead of taking it upon yourself to put the other person in his or her place. Report the posts.

The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

I have been guily of negative comments to certain posters. I will try to be a better board memeber.
                  "it won't matter who we pick at #2 because whoever it is we need him..."

​​​​​​ -Jesse James

Comment

Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post
                    Honestly, folks, the ignore feature, while not perfect, does make things a hell of a lot more tolerable. One major thing that used to drive me insane when I was a Mod were the posts that were reported to repeatedly complain about specific posters' opinions, but those same posters who complained absolutely refused to add those people to their ignore list because they see it as a sign of weakness.

In other words, they wanted people banned because they didn't like their opinions, but they weren't capable of simply skimming over those posts and not acknowledging them. It's probably the root of the biggest problem with this place.

Also, people dont report posts because they feel they're being a "rat", which is hilarious in itself. This is not the mafia, or some secret society, folks. The best thing to do when someone gets under your skin is to let those who are here for such purposes(Mod team) handle the situation, instead of taking it upon yourself to put the other person in his or her place. Report the posts.
                    The ignore feature does really help filter out posters you do not want interact with. It makes it easier to post.

Comment

I personally don't use or like the ignore feature. It skews the conversations and can make them seem ridiculous.

Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                        I have been guily of negative comments to certain posters. I will try to be a better board memeber.
                        Haven’t you said this before? Face it.. you’re a *****

Comment

Originally posted by primetime View Post

Haven’t you said this before? Face it.. you’re a *****
                          yes....each time I get warned I say it. ....

Just cant help myself. The sarcastic ******* inside me has to come out.
                          "it won't matter who we pick at #2 because whoever it is we need him..."

​​​​​​ -Jesse James

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post

We can make all the excuses in the world but this incivility is going to end. Some folks are not going to be happy and I really regret having to ban people but if that's what it's going to take.....
                            that's the only thing that will make it stop, also ban the IP's so they cant make numerous accounts.

The mute feature isn't working properly either, I have only 3 people muted but for some reason when someone quotes them and replies I see it.

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                              Say three Hail Mary's and three Our Father's.
                              LOL... I just couldn't help myself... it was so close to being a real Confession.

Comment

Working...
                              X