This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zimonami View Post

Say three Hail Mary's and three Our Father's.
    LOL... I just couldn't help myself... it was so close to being a real Confession.
    Just do the whole Rosary.......TWICE!!!!
    Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
      I personally don't use or like the ignore feature. It skews the conversations and can make them seem ridiculous.
      That's for sure.
      I believe 'variety is the spice of life'
      I've been here 15+ years and I don't even know where to find the Ignore thingy.
      I don't like some opinions, but we are all free to express them, and I respect that there will always be those differences. In all my time I've only lost my temper and respect badly with one poster, and I rightly got banned for it. There were a few other close calls. Some posters on here can be very exasperating.
      This place is a microcosm of the real world... your 6th grade class... your baseball team... your job. We meet an incredible variety of personalities, and respect and tolerance of others, especially the ones you don't particularly like, is necessary to increase the peace.
      The curtain between us on the internet prevents us from looking each other in the eyes, and emboldens some to say things they wouldn't have the courage to say if you were face to face with them. Then there's ridiculous misunderstandings that could have been eliminated if there were red type..
      I'm rambling... my adult ADD is showing. I need this draft to get here ASAP so that this place can talk about what we've got, for real., and not so much conjecture.
      In a lot of ways, this has probably been the most anticipated draft I can ever remember.

Comment

THERE IS RED TYPE and I disagree it would help all that much.
        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by SG88 View Post
            IMO, this Odell Beckham Jr thing has shown a lot of member's true colors. I have put a ton of people on my ignore list. RF, if the ignore option is fixed and works well and does not erase this time, this place would be very good. As a black member on these boards, I have offered my availability via PM to help educate and see where I and a very few others are coming from. Only 3 members have gotten back to me. Anyways, I am just gonna chalk the very few racists here as an L and will just keep them on ignore. Just make sure that the ignore option doesnt erase the lists.
            ​​​
            +100000

Comment

Say three Hail Mary's and three Our Father's.
              LOL... I just couldn't help myself... it was so close to being a real Confession.
              Bless me Father for I have sinned.....
              "it won't matter who we pick at #2 because whoever it is we need him..."

​​​​​​ -Jesse James

Comment

Thank you
                You are very welcome.
                “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post

You are very welcome.
                  I think multi-colored posts should be a requirement going forward...

Comment

Originally posted by fletch842 View Post

I think multi-colored posts should be a requirement going forward...
                    Good luck with that, we have folks who complain about one click moves lol

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post

Good luck with that, we have folks who complain about one click moves lol
                      like herding cats

Comment

Originally posted by fletch842 View Post

like herding cats
                        Herding cats is a picnic

Comment

IMO, this Odell Beckham Jr thing has shown a lot of member's true colors. I have put a ton of people on my ignore list. RF, if the ignore option is fixed and works well and does not erase this time, this place would be very good. As a black member on these boards, I have offered my availability via PM to help educate and see where I and a very few others are coming from. Only 3 members have gotten back to me. Anyways, I am just gonna chalk the very few racists here as an L and will just keep them on ignore. Just make sure that the ignore option doesnt erase the lists.

IMO - I hate the fact that when we have a disagreement on an issue , or a different perspective on an issue , people are so quick to call racist . The Odell Beckham case especially has nothing to do with racism , yet because people disagree with you SG , you use the term . Its a more of a generational thing . We all bleed Blue here , I don't think the color of someones skin means as much to us as his performance and his Legacy as a Giant . Disagreement , or different perspective , is just that . Don't let that word cloud your thoughts and opinions , use it when its blatantly obvious , we all need to be better at giving the benefit of the doubt . People CAN be just stupid , without being racist :-)

Comment

We haven't yet been able to replicate making the lists disappear but we are still working on it.

Comment

Originally posted by 19Leo61 View Post

IMO - I hate the fact that when we have a disagreement on an issue , or a different perspective on an issue , people are so quick to call racist . The Odell Beckham case especially has nothing to do with racism , yet because people disagree with you SG , you use the term . Its a more of a generational thing . We all bleed Blue here , I don't think the color of someones skin means as much to us as his performance and his Legacy as a Giant . Disagreement , or different perspective , is just that . Don't let that word cloud your thoughts and opinions , use it when its blatantly obvious , we all need to be better at giving the benefit of the doubt . People CAN be just stupid , without being racist :-)
                              You're only speaking for yourself of course. No one is ever "quick" to call it racist when someone criticizes OBJ or any player. You clearly don't get it. Every person that criticizes the player isn't racist. However, some of the comments about him and other black players on these forums have been highly offensive to black people and it is sad that we have to read that kind of nonsense even on here. I have had conversations on here and through PMs about these comments with some of the few other black members (even white members) on here and they feel the same exact way. I am glad that the moderators have stepped up their diligence in matters like this. My judgment isn't clouded. You are clearly uneducated on this matter and that is not an insult. For the respect of the moderators and other members on here that don't want to read this kind of discussion, please feel free to PM me about it. I would definitely explain exactly where I am coming from. You might not like what you read, but you will walk away from it more informative.
                              “It drops deep as it does in my breath

I never sleep, cuz sleep is the cousin of death

Beyond the walls of intelligence, life is defined

I think of crime, when I’m in a New York state of mind.”

Nasir Jones

Comment

Originally posted by 19Leo61 View Post

+1

Comment

Working...
                                X