Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone think it wont be much of a bad thing if we lose?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone think it wont be much of a bad thing if we lose?

For one, the eagles are already out. Call me a fake fan or whatever nonsense you wanna throw out there, but i have a feeling if we make the playoffs, even if we get trounced in the first round, this coaching staff stays. possibly even fewell. it will plague us in future seasons because these coaches simply ARE NOT GETTING IT DONE. we'd be squeaking into the playoffs after we shouldve had it wrapped up. if we lose thered be a much better chance of canning these guys, which still wouldnt be guarnteed but would be much more likely. if coughlin goes, whoever we bring in will fire gilbride and fewell right off the bat (if theyve watched the giants)

ive been sick of seeing all these talented guys in their primes being wasted away because the team is too stagnant to go anywhere. thank god we have one superbowl in recent years under our belts.

oh, and i have a feeling this will be one of the games the players play for themselves because theyre playing a rival. they play when they want to play. i bet if we played an outside team like the lions, we'd get wrecked

Re: Anyone think it wont be much of a bad thing if we lose?

[quote user="Sintim97"]For one, the eagles are already out. Call me a fake fan or whatever nonsense you wanna throw out there, but i have a feeling if we make the playoffs, even if we get trounced in the first round, this coaching staff stays. possibly even fewell. it will plague us in future seasons because these coaches simply ARE NOT GETTING IT DONE. we'd be squeaking into the playoffs after we shouldve had it wrapped up. if we lose thered be a much better chance of canning these guys, which still wouldnt be guarnteed but would be much more likely. if coughlin goes, whoever we bring in will fire gilbride and fewell right off the bat (if theyve watched the giants)

ive been sick of seeing all these talented guys in their primes being wasted away because the team is too stagnant to go anywhere. thank god we have one superbowl in recent years under our belts.
    [/quote]

Honestly, after the early season injuries, if you would have told me we win the NFC East, I'd take it and I have to give Coughlin credit for that. I know not everyone agrees, but even if they don't make the playoffs (unless they simply don't show up this game), I still kind of don't want Coughlin gone. I want Fewell and Gillbride gone, but I don't think Coughlin has done a bad job this season. I just wish he wasn't so damn loyal sometimes because I want Gilbride gone, and I want them to sweet talk Spags back and tell him he's the head coach in waiting. A new OC, Coughlin and Spags going into 2012 - I'd be happy with that.

Comment

so you are rooting for us to have a disasterous elimination loss to a hated rival, because you don't like the guy with the mustache or Fewell, who technically could be replaced even if we win

that wouldn't be a fake fan ... that would be not a fan at all

Comment

o ye of little faith

Comment

Nope. any given sunday. Who knows, we can make another SB run. Who cares who goes and who stays? i wanna lose my voice again while getting drunk in Timesquare.[<)]

Comment

[quote user="G-Man67"]so you are rooting for us to have a disasterous elimination loss to a hated rival, because you don't like the guy with the mustache or Fewell, who technically could be replaced even if we win

that wouldn't be a fake fan ... that would be not a fan at all[/quote]

im not a fan because i want coaches that are holding us back to be canned? lol you right

Comment

[quote user="Sintim97"]For one, the eagles are already out. Call me a fake fan or whatever nonsense you wanna throw out there, but i have a feeling if we make the playoffs, even if we get trounced in the first round, this coaching staff stays. possibly even fewell. it will plague us in future seasons because these coaches simply ARE NOT GETTING IT DONE. we'd be squeaking into the playoffs after we shouldve had it wrapped up. if we lose thered be a much better chance of canning these guys, which still wouldnt be guarnteed but would be much more likely. if coughlin goes, whoever we bring in will fire gilbride and fewell right off the bat (if theyve watched the giants)

oh, and i have a feeling this will be one of the games the players play for themselves because theyre playing a rival. they play when they want to play. i bet if we played an outside team like the lions, we'd get wrecked
              [/quote]

sounds tempting and some times I feel this way but at the end of the day I have to root against a hated rival...maybe I'm just too true blue?

Comment

The Giants/We have so many enemies it's tough to find a best time to lose

Jets - hate them
                Dallas - hate them
                Philly - hate them
                Washington - hate them

the list goes on and on

Comment

[quote user="Sintim97"][quote user="G-Man67"]so you are rooting for us to have a disasterous elimination loss to a hated rival, because you don't like the guy with the mustache or Fewell, who technically could be replaced even if we win

im not a fan because i want coaches that are holding us back to be canned? lol you right

[/quote]

We won a Super Bowl with Coughlin and Gilbride. We fired Sheridan and we can fire Fewell just the same, especially of Spags is available.

Yeah, I want Gilbride gone too, but Coughlin is a fine coach and anything can happen in the playoffs. If they win this game they are 9-7 and win the East. Obviously 9-7 isn't great, and we could have/should have been better. However, we did lose T2 for the year, Osi for most of the year, Tuck has been hurt all year, Goff for the season, etc.

Comment

...uhh....no?[:#]

Comment

[quote user="G-Man67"]so you are rooting for us to have a disasterous elimination loss to a hated rival, because you don't like the guy with the mustache or Fewell, who technically could be replaced even if we win

so when our WRs drop a pass, it's Gilbride's fault? and, therefore, let's go lose to a hated rival and have the loss brought up year after year and thrown in our face ... sounds like you have just decided not to like these coaches and have lost all objectivity

if we make the playoffs with nearly half our team injured, then that will be a great accomplishment, however, if we do lose, then it will be a total disaster of a season and changes could be made, but how can you root for that scenario if you are truly a fan

finally there were many "fans" like you back in 2007 and if those fans had gotten their way .... we would not have had an historic Super Bowl win ... here's to hoping you are disappointed on Sunday

Comment

[/quote]

NFW....

you play to win the game....(thank you Herm Edwards)

Comment

LOL. Funny stuff.

Comment

It's always a bad thing when we lose.....ALWAYS.

Comment

I'd rather make the playoffs.

If they make the playoffs, TC deserves a lot of credit and deserves to be around 1 more year, but I'm not giving him a long-term extension unless they make at least the NFC Championship game (which is not likely to happen). I'd let his long-term Giants future depend on next year. This team could have went 4-12 with all of their injuries, but didn't.

I like KG and have no desire to see him leave. I would be more interested in improving the O-line and depth at TE.

I've been slamming Fewell because I wasn't that crazy about him last year and I just see him as very unimaginative, or at least doesn't adapt. The Giants D had good #'s last year, but were soft when it counted. This year, they're horrible, but injuries to TT, Goff, Tuck, and Osi is debilitating. Then again, Spags was able to have a fine defense in 2008 after losing Strahan (retirement) and Osi (injury), even though they wore down at the end.

Comment

Working...
                              X