Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If the Giants draft Barkley, can ODB handle Playing second fiddle?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the Giants draft Barkley, can ODB handle Playing second fiddle?

I doubt the Giants will do it, but if they draft Saquon, he would already immediately become the focal of the offense, with an aging QB and new O-line. While Odell would get his passes, he would no longer be the focal part of the offense, while the fans would naturally gravitate to Barkley because he is such a good kid, on and off the field. It is hard to imagine Odell playing a supporting role happily......just look at Dez ever since Zeke became a Cowboy. The Giants may have to move Odell if they plan to take Barkley, although I doubt they will.......but then I never seem to get the Giant’s first pick right. It also be noted that Gettleman will do what he thinks will help the Giants long term, which opens the door to many options.
    Last edited by Southern Living; 03-31-2018, 08:36 AM.

all them weapons but only one football. i grow more certain by the day that they’re going qb

Comment

Originally posted by kjmanoni View Post
      all them weapons but only one football. i grow more certain by the day that they’re going qb
      It seems to be that way, and it seems logical.....but somehow I think Gettleman is going to do something like trade down......which may be the best course of action with so many needs on the roster. The Giants are in an enviable position as they have many options and all of them seem pretty darn good, IF they draft the right player(s).

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Living View Post

It seems to be that way, and it seems logical.....but somehow I think Gettleman is going to do something like trade down......which may be the best course of action with so many needs on the roster. The Giants are in an enviable position as they have many options and all of them seem pretty darn good, IF they draft the right player(s).
        They could do that as well, but that’s the only other logical option i see. Eli is 37 and we never saw Webb, he is an unknown to the new regime and shouldn’t determine what they do at #2. you also have the jets right behind you waiting to go qb. there is no doubt in my mind the jets at least called the browns and giants before the colts to move up further. did the giants deny three 2nd rounders to take a RB or DE? i doubt it. I cannot fathom the giants letting the jets take a QB, that could be starting in their building for a decade plus, without taking one first. The jets will get the qb we didn’t want imho.

Comment

I don't know; I heard he plays a mean "The devil went down to Georgia".
          "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
          "No...I didn't."
          "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

if anything, Odell will g.reatly benefit from a strong running game. Teams may have to start stuffing the box, leaving receivers one on one a lot more. Eli used to be very good at play action, when we had a running game.

Comment

I doubt the Giants will do it, but if they draft Saquon, he would already immediately become the focal of the offense, with an aging QB and new O-line. While Odell would get his passes, he would no longer be the focal part of the offense, while the fans would naturally gravitate to Barkley because he is such a good kid, on and off the field. It is hard to imagine Odell playing a supporting role happily......just look at Dez ever since Zeke became a Cowboy. The Giants may have to move Odell if they plan to take Barkley, although I doubt they will.......but then I never seem to get the Giant’s first pick right. It also be noted that Gettleman will do what he thinks will help the Giants long term, which opens the door to many options.
              Are they going to line Barkley up as a wide out or a running back?
              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

If one player worries about another position over his is crazy.
                Last edited by Diamondring; 03-31-2018, 12:16 PM.
                I made countless predictions based on analyzing the roster and have a high success rate in making the right predictions for years. I gave Eli tips on how to improve his play in 07. I sent him advice on how to improve his performance in a letter I sent to him before the Giants play the Pats in the last regular season of the 07 Season. He did what I wanted him to do leading the Giants to Superbowl victory.

Comment

Second fiddle? Barkley is a runningback.

Comment

Odell is one of the top WRs in the NFL and is the biggest superstar the Giants have. He's not going to become second fiddle to Barkley or any other RB.

In the case of Dez and Zeke, Dez is past his prime where Odell is still in his prime.
                    One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elidagoat713 View Post
                      Second fiddle? Barkley is a runningback.
                      Yes Barkley is the RB but whole offense would run through him, not Odell. Odell is currently the focal point of the offense, but he will not be if Barkley is drafted.

Comment

Odell plays Fiddle ????

Comment

This is a narrative that is completely inaccurate about ODB. There's never been one negative story about him being a bad teammate or disruptive in the locker room. They all say he's a good and dedicated teammate. His emotional outbursts during games and precarious situations any 25 would probably get into needs to be checked, but that is it. Trust me, I'm as annoyed at that as any fan, but there a lot of knee jerk reactions about ODB that is fueled by the media.

As far as the question,. I definitely think ODB will be whatever he needs to do bc everyone knows that a solid running game will allow Beckham to do so much damage. This would be a ridiculous offense with Barkley and Beckham.

Comment

Yes Barkley is the RB but whole offense would run through him, not Odell. Odell is currently the focal point of the offense, but he will not be if Barkley is drafted.
                            We would have a balanced offense is what we'd have. This isn't an either or situation
                            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

A solid running back will only bolster ODB effectiveness and make his job easier. I view a RB or a QB could as centerpieces, but the WR is more of a weapon than a centerpiece. The fact that the Giants offense is dependent on Beckham is a bad sign. A running game is a necessity.

Comment

Working...
                              X