If the reports are true that OBJ wants to go to the Rams

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the reports are true that OBJ wants to go to the Rams

just how committed do you think he would be to Giants football?

I say if his head and his heart are not into it in New York, trade him.

Your thoughts?

I think most agree with you, although the Odell lovers refuse to accept your premise that he wants to be in LA......but his actions certainly point to that, or at the very least, he wants somewhere else than the rebuilding Giants.

Comment

I just posted another thought that might subtly apply here--NFL TV ratings. To reverse the trend the League knows they need some excitement in New York. Don't overlook the influence of the other owners. If the Giants became exciting with several top draft picks, and LA with OBJ were to be in the SB, the League would be ecstatic.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Living View Post
        I think most agree with you, although the Odell lovers refuse to accept your premise that he wants to be in LA......but his actions certainly point to that, or at the very least, he wants somewhere else than the rebuilding Giants.
        What actions ?

Literally everything has been media speculation.

Until we hear odell say he wants to be traded to the Rams... And until we hear odell say he will hold out for a new deal... This is a complete NON story.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Living View Post
          I can safely say most donít agree with you two.
          And it would not surprise me the OP is you!

Comment

Originally posted by giants8493 View Post

Until we hear odell say he wants to be traded to the Rams... And until we hear odell say he will hold out for a new deal... This is a complete NON story.

That's just it though, why hasn't Obj came out and said "you know what, the allegations are false, I want to get payed and be a Giant for the rest of my career"
            I completely understand he wants to get payed and he is feeling out his potential new home.

He has not tried to silence any of the talk from what the media has been saying. Does he have to? Hell no but if he was committed to being a Giant and getting the money he wants he sure has not tried to continue being a Giant. Its obviously true that he must want to go where the money is. I don't want to say he doesn't care if he is a Giant or a Ram but with his actions of not trying to silence any thought of going elsewhere makes me believe he doesn't want to be a Giant. If that's the case I rather him be gone then us pay him and he doesn't perform.

It's just an opinion so take it as that, but if he wanted to be a Giant and get the money he is after he should have came out and shut that **** down about being traded. His heart is not with the Giants and for that reason I don't want him wearing that blue and white #13 jersey if he doesn't want to be here. Money doesn't buy happiness

Paying him the money he wants and seeing his on field performance decline would be extremely heartbreaking. We already seen that with Jpp and thank God we got out of that contract.

Their is a big unknown with Obj and his performance going forward. Until the next season starts we really don't know if we would be getting the Obj back that we all know and love and can actually see how he performs on the field after his recent injury is a huge question. The Giants would be foolish to give him anything until he hits the field. Some say you pay him regardless due to what he has given us thus far but Gettlemen is smarter then that and I wouldn't doubt it if Gettlemen finds a new home for him if OBJ isn't committed to be a Giant going forward

Comment

Originally posted by IBleedblue2323 View Post

That's just it though, why hasn't Obj came out and said "you know what, the allegations are false, I want to get payed and be a Giant for the rest of my career"
              I completely understand he wants to get payed and he is feeling out his potential new home.

He has not tried to silence any of the talk from what the media has been saying. Does he have to? Hell no but if he was committed to being a Giant and getting the money he wants he sure has not tried to continue being a Giant. Its obviously true that he must want to go where the money is. I don't want to say he doesn't care if he is a Giant or a Ram but with his actions of not trying to silence any thought of going elsewhere makes me believe he doesn't want to be a Giant. If that's the case I rather him be gone then us pay him and he doesn't perform.

It's just an opinion so take it as that, but if he wanted to be a Giant and get the money he is after he should have came out and shut that **** down about being traded. His heart is not with the Giants and for that reason I don't want him wearing that blue and white #13 jersey if he doesn't want to be here. Money doesn't buy happiness

Paying him the money he wants and seeing his on field performance decline would be extremely heartbreaking. We already seen that with Jpp and thank God we got out of that contract.

Their is a big unknown with Obj and his performance going forward. Until the next season starts we really don't know if we would be getting the Obj back that we all know and love and can actually see how he performs on the field after his recent injury is a huge question. The Giants would be foolish to give him anything until he hits the field. Some say you pay him regardless due to what he has given us thus far but Gettlemen is smarter then that and I wouldn't doubt it if Gettlemen finds a new home for him if OBJ isn't committed to be a Giant going forward
              I normally don't read long responses but yours is pretty good.
              I made countless predictions based on analyzing the roster and have a high success rate in making the right predictions for years. I gave Eli tips on how to improve his play in 07. I sent him advice on how to improve his performance in a letter I sent to him before the Giants play the Pats in the last regular season of the 07 Season. He did what I wanted him to do leading the Giants to Superbowl victory.

Comment

Stop.

Comment

sports media and political media appear to be the same garbage people

Comment

Originally posted by Suicide Squad View Post
                    just how committed do you think he would be to Giants football?

I say if his head and his heart are not into it in New York, trade him.

Your thoughts?
                    I think if the Giants step up to the plate and pay him he will give them everything he has,that said don't think he would complain about a trade to the Rams,problem there is thats a nice fit for OBJ but the giants are trying to maximize there return the Rams are not the right partner.

Comment

Originally posted by Diamondring View Post

I normally don't read long responses but yours is pretty good.
                      good post the one thing a lot of us are missing is the Giants are in the drivers seat for 2 more years 8.5 mill this year on the tag and 24 mill next year that averages about 16 mill a year they would still be getting a nice deal at that price

Comment

Originally posted by big blue dog View Post

good post the one thing a lot of us are missing is the Giants are in the drivers seat for 2 more years 8.5 mill this year on the tag and 24 mill next year that averages about 16 mill a year they would still be getting a nice deal at that price
                        I agree with you 100 percent.
                        I made countless predictions based on analyzing the roster and have a high success rate in making the right predictions for years. I gave Eli tips on how to improve his play in 07. I sent him advice on how to improve his performance in a letter I sent to him before the Giants play the Pats in the last regular season of the 07 Season. He did what I wanted him to do leading the Giants to Superbowl victory.

Comment

Originally posted by Diamondring View Post
                          I agree with you 100 percent.
                          if someone wants him the Giants need to maximize what they get for him if they are going that route,Im not down with trading top 5 talent but with his ankle he has to prove his worth so the 8.5 he would be plying on that if I were DG he will be motivated to prove to clubs he healthy and it buys the giants time.

Comment

Originally posted by giants8493 View Post

What actions ?

Literally everything has been media speculation.

Some of these guys dont get it. Same bull**** happened last year where there were speculations of Odell holding out because he wanted a new contract. Not a word came from him about it. Ask them what happened last year???......Answer??......Crickets.

Comment

Originally posted by IBleedblue2323 View Post

So if Odell comes out and talks then that would make you feel better about him wanting to be a giant for life?? If anything the Odell "haters" would say he's lying and all he cares about is himself and wants to be the highest paid player and craves the limelight and he's a seeking attention *****. I'm not saying you in particular but Odell will always be in a lose lose situation with some of you guys no matter what.

Comment

Working...
                              X