Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fake News

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Fake News

    OBJ has just five 15-yard penalties over the last 3 years. Fourteen other players have more over the same time period. And no, itís not because obj didnít play as many games as he has last year. Everyone has missed starts - most of the 14, as many as OBJ did. Also worth mentioning is that OBJ has gotten the ball almost as much as anyone else in the league and he has been the target of more opposing aggression than anyone else in the league, by far since he can frustrate the hell out of his opponents.

    Aside from being far from the most flagged - he was the fastest player to get to 4,000 receiving yards in the record books; the fastest ever to 200 receptions. he is the only player in NFL history who has had four consecutive games with 130 or more receiving yards. he is the only player in NFL history with 75 or more receptions in his first 11 games.

    Oh and btw his teammates donít care if he had a good time w a call girl who was doing what many of the women these guys hang out with do. Most would be beside themselves if they had to oppose him. In a league of such parity, odell is exceptional and he poses matchup nightmares across the entire league. No one can cover him. No one.

    Obj will be here for a VERY long time. I assume mara is as concerned with winning as he is with public perception (despite some being absolutely and utterly WRONG about the ďdetrimentĒ he is to the team) and he will decide to do the right thing for this team.

  • #2
    I see your points. But Mara being concerned with winning doesn't really mean he wants OBJ to stay on the team. I mean, our offense has been putrid even with him.

    Comment


    • #3
      We have won what exactly with him? Itís roughly 50/50 he is here until the draft so if thatís VERY long then cool. Itís not all about him, his fans or his personality. There are other variables influencing this decision that his loyaltists seem blind to

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by jwhorner6 View Post
        I see your points. But Mara being concerned with winning doesn't really mean he wants OBJ to stay on the team. I mean, our offense has been putrid even with him.
        This is also fake news. Please check the stats when he is on the field and when he is off the field. It's not even close lol. Don't post if you're just going to lie.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by alwaysready View Post
          OBJ has just five 15-yard penalties over the last 3 years. Fourteen other players have more over the same time period. And no, itís not because obj didnít play as many games as he has last year. Everyone has missed starts - most of the 14, as many as OBJ did. Also worth mentioning is that OBJ has gotten the ball almost as much as anyone else in the league and he has been the target of more opposing aggression than anyone else in the league, by far since he can frustrate the hell out of his opponents.

          Aside from being far from the most flagged - he was the fastest player to get to 4,000 receiving yards in the record books; the fastest ever to 200 receptions. he is the only player in NFL history who has had four consecutive games with 130 or more receiving yards. he is the only player in NFL history with 75 or more receptions in his first 11 games.

          Oh and btw his teammates donít care if he had a good time w a call girl who was doing what many of the women these guys hang out with do. Most would be beside themselves if they had to oppose him. In a league of such parity, odell is exceptional and he poses matchup nightmares across the entire league. No one can cover him. No one.

          Obj will be here for a VERY long time. I assume mara is as concerned with winning as he is with public perception (despite some being absolutely and utterly WRONG about the ďdetrimentĒ he is to the team) and he will decide to do the right thing for this team.
          Since we are on the topic of fake news, you left out the fact that his yards per game have steadily decline each of his four seasons. Not an insignificant point.
          No one remembers who came in second.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by NYG9289 View Post

            This is also fake news. Please check the stats when he is on the field and when he is off the field. It's not even close lol. Don't post if you're just going to lie.
            He isn't lying. He is just saying the Giants offense sucked even with OBJ on the field, which it did (look at the last two years offense ranking). He isn't saying the Giants offense isn't better with OBJ (it is), he was just saying it still was putrid even with him playing. I don't think this is even debatable....

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by NYG9289 View Post

              This is also fake news. Please check the stats when he is on the field and when he is off the field. It's not even close lol. Don't post if you're just going to lie.
              The stats in the context we are talking is about winning. Since OBJ has joined the team. 6-10, 6-10, 11-5, 3-13. One winning season. A winning season in which the offense was close to last in about everything. So my comment stands...OBJ has not helped us win much of anything.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by JB456 View Post

                He isn't lying. He is just saying the Giants offense sucked even with OBJ on the field, which it did (look at the last two years offense ranking). He isn't saying the Giants offense isn't better with OBJ (it is), he was just saying it still was putrid even with him playing. I don't think this is even debatable....
                Good to see some people still have good reading comprehension.

                Comment


                • #9
                  OBJ is a historic talent and if the decision to keep is based on talent alone, it would be a no-brainer.

                  But it is hard to blame the owner for having misgivings about paying this guy $100M, given some of his behavior.

                  Also, I'm not sure that paying a WR $20M per year can be part of a winning model in the NFL. If it is, it would have to be on a team with a cheap QB, which we currently do not have.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by jwhorner6 View Post

                    The stats in the context we are talking is about winning. Since OBJ has joined the team. 6-10, 6-10, 11-5, 3-13. One winning season. A winning season in which the offense was close to last in about everything. So my comment stands...OBJ has not helped us win much of anything.
                    The offense is so much better with him. As I said, it's not even close. One man is not going to be the difference between wins and losses in football. Football is the very essence of a team sport. That's why a QB can throw 5 interceptions in one game and his team can still win. So no, your comment doesn't stand. OBJ has been tremendous. It's his teammates and coaches who have hurt us over the years. Maybe take a look at them and assess them.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      When OBJ makes the Giants look bad in public, they lose millions potentially.

                      On the flip side, he is free national advertising for the franchise. When you see ODB, you think NY Giants. In the past month, he has been the biggest news draw in football. he has outshined the draft, including picks #1 - #Mr. Irrelevant.

                      If the team had to put a dollar value on that much free publicity, they would have to pay millions of dollars. He leaves and nobody is running out to buy a 2nd and 3rd Eli manning Jersey.....Maybe an Engram Jersey, but Odell is the cash cow.

                      This is me playing Devils advocate to keep him.
                      Long Live the King

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by jwhorner6 View Post

                        Good to see some people still have good reading comprehension.
                        So then you are fine with the Giants just being horrendous on offense and giving up their best player who solely increases the offensive output by about twofold.

                        Good to see some people are still dumb.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Gee718 View Post
                          When OBJ makes the Giants look bad in public, they lose millions potentially.

                          On the flip side, he is free national advertising for the franchise. When you see ODB, you think NY Giants. In the past month, he has been the biggest news draw in football. he has outshined the draft, including picks #1 - #Mr. Irrelevant.

                          If the team had to put a dollar value on that much free publicity, they would have to pay millions of dollars. He leaves and nobody is running out to buy a 2nd and 3rd Eli manning Jersey.....Maybe an Engram Jersey, but Odell is the cash cow.

                          This is me playing Devils advocate to keep him.
                          Us intelligent fans are not interested in what the dumb fans think of a dumb media posting dumb articles and dumb rumors about a dumb premise that doesn't even exist.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                            OBJ is a historic talent and if the decision to keep is based on talent alone, it would be a no-brainer.

                            But it is hard to blame the owner for having misgivings about paying this guy $100M, given some of his behavior.

                            Also, I'm not sure that paying a WR $20M per year can be part of a winning model in the NFL. If it is, it would have to be on a team with a cheap QB, which we currently do not have.
                            excellent post.You hit the nail on the head

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by jwhorner6 View Post

                              The stats in the context we are talking is about winning. Since OBJ has joined the team. 6-10, 6-10, 11-5, 3-13. One winning season. A winning season in which the offense was close to last in about everything. So my comment stands...OBJ has not helped us win much of anything.
                              To be fair he was a big part in why we went 11-5 along with the defense. I get what your saying in regards to team offense which its true. The offense being so putrid was an indictment on our former genius of a HC.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X