Fake News

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NYG9289 View Post

Who is better? Did you see JJ last season? Average at best. AB is not better, nowhere near as dynamic. Odell is hands down the best.
    AB is actually MUCH better. Julio is better. You can make arguments for a few other guys but Odell's pure talent puts him ahead of anyone else as far as I'm concerned.
    But Odell's refined game isn't what those first two guys are. They aren't just talented. they are productive...and in big spots.

Odell needs to commit himself at a much higher level to reach those guys. He also needs to show that he's recovered from that foot injury and hope it doesn't hurt his game like a similar injury did to Hakeem Nicks.

Odell still needs to prove that he's a professional. He's not there yet.

I have said that Odell is too good to trade. But I don't think he's good or professional enough to give a huge contract to as well. He needs to play out his option year and show he's back AND he can take his game to a winning level that picks up the rest of the team. That's what elite WR's do.
    Last edited by Morehead State; 04-04-2018, 01:31 PM.
    Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by giantsfam04 View Post

First we donít make the playoffs in 16 without him. Second in a negotiation you start high and see where the team is at then work from there and meet somewhere in the middle.
      You could say that about many people on the team. We don't make it without DRC. We don't make it without jack rabbit. He was a piece of the puzzle that made the playoffs. The offense was still putrid that year...especially in the playoff game.

I'm not saying he isn't great. I'm not saying he is a reason for losing. I'm saying I don't see Mara thinking he is a must sign player if we want to win when in fact...he has not helped win anything.

Comment

Us intelligent fans are not interested in what the dumb fans think of a dumb media posting dumb articles and dumb rumors about a dumb premise that doesn't even exist.
        Its not the dumb media posting dumb articles. Most of his **** storm is self inflicted. Want to bang a call girl? maybe keep it off instagram. Want to attack a kicking net? Make sure it doesn't kick your ***. The only dumb thing about any of this is Odells decision making. Nobody would be making a big deal out of any of it...including the dumb media if the dumb athlete wasn't broadcasting how dumb he is.

Comment

• Originally posted by alwaysready View Post

what does this mean, exactly?
          It means if Odell no shows on Monday April 9th this board and this thread will implode......it'll make for some entertaining reading.

Comment

Football is a team game. I'll say it again: trade Odell and you'll be watching Eli throw picks in an empty stadium by week 5. Enjoy!
            That's got to be one of the dumbest posts this year!! Congrats on this achievement...

Comment

• Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post

As you said, it's not his fault that they've been losing, but you seem to be talking out of both sides of your mouth here, MH. It comes across like "Its not his fault, but it's his fault"

Look at this roster. It's full of huge holes, and has been for several years. One guy out of 53 is never going to have so much impact as to be able to will a bad team full of holes to win football games. He's basically the entire focal point of a terrible offense with a terrible OL. What happens when they get the OL straightened out, and more guys are able to contribute offensively? Beckham has done very, very well regardless of being the only real weapon out there, and you hang onto a guy like that
              Ehhh, I see your points but what is better? One really good guy on offense, or several just good guys on offense? I just can't see paying a WR that kind of money unless he is part of the reason you are winning games. Green in cincy helped win games. Brown in pitt helped win games. JJ in atlanta helped win games. OBJ has been a part of one of the leagues worst offenses More times than not. Is it his fault? Absolutely not. Can you put more pieces in place to help him while paying him QB money? Seems tough.

Comment

• Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                OBJ is a historic talent and if the decision to keep is based on talent alone, it would be a no-brainer.

But it is hard to blame the owner for having misgivings about paying this guy $100M, given some of his behavior.

Also, I'm not sure that paying a WR $20M per year can be part of a winning model in the NFL. If it is, it would have to be on a team with a cheap QB, which we currently do not have.
                This is exactly the point. +1

And If heís going to be the face of the franchise then as a high profile guy heís got to stop smoking pizza crust.

Comment

• Originally posted by JB456 View Post

I don't see this happening even if the Giants wanted to due to CAP constraints. Next year, maybe, this year nope....
                  I agree. Currently there isn't enough cap space to even sign our draftees. Serious roster cuts or restructures will be needed for any additional large money contracts this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

AB is actually MUCH better. Julio is better. You can make arguments for a few other guys but Odell's pure talent puts him ahead of anyone else as far as I'm concerned.
                    But Odell's refined game isn't what those first two guys are. They aren't just talented. they are productive...and in big spots.

Odell needs to commit himself at a much higher level to reach those guys. He also needs to show that he's recovered from that foot injury and hope it doesn't hurt his game like a similar injury did to Hakeem Nicks.

Odell still needs to prove that he's a professional. He's not there yet.

I have said that Odell is too good to trade. But I don't think he's good or professional enough to give a huge contract to as well. He needs to play out his option year and show he's back AND he can take his game to a winning level that picks up the rest of the team. That's what elite WR's do.
                    Well said

Comment

• Comment

Nothing I would like better to see Odell focus on football and put his BS behind him. He's too good to trade. He just needs to figure out how to become a real professional.

Comment

Nothing I would like better to see Odell focus on football and put his BS behind him. He's too good to trade. He just needs to figure out how to become a real professional.
                          I agree. I know Ive said it before, but I think the best thing for both sides is to put an incentive laden contract on the table, where all OBJ has to do is meet certain requirements both from a behavioral and performance perspective. I don't know much about how the CBA hinders the Giants from being able to extend such an offer but I have to assume that they could since a contract is an agreement that is designed to benefit two parties no matter who they are or what the setting is...

Comment

I agree. I know Ive said it before, but I think the best thing for both sides is to put an incentive laden contract on the table, where all OBJ has to do is meet certain requirements both from a behavioral and performance perspective. I don't know much about how the CBA hinders the Giants from being able to extend such an offer but I have to assume that they could since a contract is an agreement that is designed to benefit two parties no matter who they are or what the setting is...
                            His agent will never let him settle for an "incentive laden" contract. No way. THIS is the deal they see locking up his future.

Let's see if he shows up next week. Then we'll a little better idea.

Comment

His agent will never let him settle for an "incentive laden" contract. No way. THIS is the deal they see locking up his future.

Let's see if he shows up next week. Then we'll a little better idea.
                              If that's the case, I think they are being very unrealistic. Incentive laden, for example, give him signing bonus of 10 million, a guaranteed base of around 7.5 million with a 6 million dollar annual bonus for good behavior for the next 4 years. If at the end of the contract, he earned all of his annual bonuses (or behaved), there would be another 10-15 million dollar bonus waiting for him at the end of the term. Obviously I dont know all the in's and out's with the salary cap and whether or not they would need to get creative to do something like this....but the above example is how i think everyone can be made whole. the other thing is that the definition of "good behavior" in the contract would probably be unacceptable to most fans but at the end of the day if he passes all of his drug tests, if he doesnt violate team or league rules - or get arrested....that, I think would be fair.
                              Last edited by alwaysready; 04-04-2018, 05:08 PM.

Comment

If that's the case, I think they are being very unrealistic. Incentive laden, for example, give him signing bonus of 10 million, a guaranteed base of around 7.5 million with a 6 million dollar annual bonus for good behavior for the next 4 years. If at the end of the contract, he earned all of his annual bonuses (or behaved), there would be another 10-15 million dollar bonus waiting for him at the end of the term. Obviously I dont know all the in's and out's with the salary cap and whether or not they would need to get creative to do something like this....but the above example is how i think everyone can be made whole. the other thing is that the definition of "good behavior" in the contract would probably be unacceptable to most fans but at the end of the day if he passes all of his drug tests, if he doesnt violate team or league rules - or get arrested....that, I think would be fair.
                                Agents hate incentives in contracts. their job as NFL agents is to get the most guaranteed money for their clients as possible. A guy tears up his knee and he's out of luck.
                                That's just the way it works. I would LOVE a ton of incentives in a future contract with Odell or ANY Giants player. It's good for the team.
                                But in the case of a guy like Odell...it makes no sense from his point of view.

Comment

Working...
                                X