Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fake News

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • This article fits the thread title.....this guy is a such a useless turd just making **** up....how does he even have a job.....oh yea cuz it's with that **** rag the Daily News: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.3917427

    This guy started all this crap and he's trying to feed his own fire with additional crap.....sports journalism is dead.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
      OBJ is a historic talent and if the decision to keep is based on talent alone, it would be a no-brainer.

      But it is hard to blame the owner for having misgivings about paying this guy $100M, given some of his behavior.

      Also, I'm not sure that paying a WR $20M per year can be part of a winning model in the NFL. If it is, it would have to be on a team with a cheap QB, which we currently do not have.
      Getting a high performing QB on a rookie deal sets you up for a run. It doesn't guarantee it, but it's a huge savings, especially if he was a sleeper draft pick. Wentz puts the Eagles in position to keep that defense together for the near future. I think Seattle had Wilson on the cheap when they won the SB as well.
      Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

      http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

      Comment


      • Originally posted by That Guy Rich View Post

        Either has anybody else. He gives us a much better chance to win being a great player. Do you want to get rid of Landon Collins ? We haven't won with him. How about Engram we went 3-13 with him ? Is he gone too ? Lets send Snacks packing we haven't won with him. Any other good players we should get rid of cause we have 3 losing records in the last 4 years ?

        OBJ has done more to help us try and win than anybody on the team. How about getting more good players to support him. anything you get for him is not going to be as good as him. He's a generational player.
        None of the other players you mentioned will be getting OBJ money. I'm not saying he is not a great talent. I'm saying we have sucked with him on the team. So do you pay him a ton or do you try to add more talent at more positions for the same amount of money?

        Comment


        • One thing that Beckham has proven is that you can have one of the best receivers in the game and still have a putrid offense. So if somehow Gettleman can manage to pay OBJ and improve the rest of the team then great. But if you can't improve the rest of your team because you're paying a receiver a ton of money then what is the point?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by jwhorner6 View Post
            One thing that Beckham has proven is that you can have one of the best receivers in the game and still have a putrid offense. So if somehow Gettleman can manage to pay OBJ and improve the rest of the team then great. But if you can't improve the rest of your team because you're paying a receiver a ton of money then what is the point?
            That is exactly the point. He's a great player but in order to be worth that kind of money he needs to be a part of a dynamic and successful offense.
            The offense sucked...with him on the field. He's not that kind of difference maker.
            he could be. But that is yet to be determined.
            Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post


              The offense sucked...with him on the field. He's not that kind of difference maker.
              he is that kind of difference maker but you also need "some" help from the rest of the team.
              NO WR or any payer can carry a team solely on their own

              They whole immature and pain in the *** part is a negative though
              "it won't matter who we pick at #2 because whoever it is we need him..."

              ​​​​​​ -Jesse James

              Comment


              • Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                he is that kind of difference maker but you also need "some" help from the rest of the team.
                NO WR or any payer can carry a team solely on their own

                They whole immature and pain in the *** part is a negative though
                Don't we have a supposed franchise QB?
                Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

                  Don't we have a supposed franchise QB?

                  no of course not. Eli can maybe still be pretty good but I think he is done. Even still one WR and one good QB aint gonna get you there.....I was not taking that into account, I though it was just about OB not being a difference maker on the field.
                  "it won't matter who we pick at #2 because whoever it is we need him..."

                  ​​​​​​ -Jesse James

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

                    If we are considering paying those guys $17 to $20MM per year then yes...we should think about trading them.
                    You are looking at this the wrong way. It isn't about whether or not he's a great player. It whether or not he is part of a winning combination, making him worth that much or risking losing the success we have if he's gone. we have no such success.

                    Unfortunately for Odell, our losing record over the past several seasons hurts his ability to get paid. Is it his fault? Not at all.
                    It's just the way it is.
                    I disagree Morehead, "part of a winning combination" ? What combination ? Are they on the team now ? Are they coming on the team in the future ?

                    ''our losing record over the past several seasons hurts his ability to get paid" I think your saying that because we have been losing nobody should be paid big money ? I don't really agree this is the price of doing business. How many QB's are worth 18-20 mil per year ? Antonio Brown is getting 17 mil this year why shouldn't OBJ ? He is doing everything you can expect to help us win imo. He would be the only guy on our team making big money. I don't know Morehead I don't know why there is such a debate over him getting the top money at his position. Heck he deserves it.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by jwhorner6 View Post

                      None of the other players you mentioned will be getting OBJ money. I'm not saying he is not a great talent. I'm saying we have sucked with him on the team. So do you pay him a ton or do you try to add more talent at more positions for the same amount of money?
                      I just don't understand the reasoning of getting rid of the player that gives you the best results of anybody on the team and say we now have a better shot at winning. We can afford him, every team has at least 1 player paid around the 20 mil per year mark. There is nothing that pertains to OBJ from getting the team more talent. You must have 6-8 players on the team making more money than OBJ. DRC and JPP are gone but they were making more money also.

                      OBJ deserves to make the money as much if not more than any NY Giant on the team.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

                        Don't we have a supposed franchise QB?
                        So it's Eli's fault when Odell goes off and gets into a fight with other players or a kicking net?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by G1.. View Post
                          So it's Eli's fault when Odell goes off and gets into a fight with other players or a kicking net?
                          Of course not. My point here is that when a player is part of a winning team, it makes him much more valuable. That's not really Odell's fault. But there is a lot to lose if you don't pay a guy like that on a winning team.
                          On a losing team?.....It's a little easier to hold a hard line with a player.
                          Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

                            That is exactly the point. He's a great player but in order to be worth that kind of money he needs to be a part of a dynamic and successful offense.
                            The offense sucked...with him on the field. He's not that kind of difference maker.
                            he could be. But that is yet to be determined.
                            I think you may be selling him a bit short and that may be due to McAdoo’s inept offense.

                            Odell gave our offense a chance. If you remember, whenever we lost him, our offense crumbled.

                            It just so happens McAdoo turned a pretty good offense into crap. But that is not Odell’s fault.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post

                              I think you may be selling him a bit short and that may be due to McAdoo’s inept offense.

                              Odell gave our offense a chance. If you remember, whenever we lost him, our offense crumbled.

                              It just so happens McAdoo turned a pretty good offense into crap. But that is not Odell’s fault.
                              So what? That's not the point I'm making. My point doesn't have much to do with Odell at all.
                              Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

                                That is exactly the point. He's a great player but in order to be worth that kind of money he needs to be a part of a dynamic and successful offense.
                                The offense sucked...with him on the field. He's not that kind of difference maker.
                                he could be. But that is yet to be determined.
                                Walk me through this...the D sucked, right?

                                We letting Collins go?
                                "I hire my brains"...Horace Trumbauer

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X