Giants won SBs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants won SBs

With fairly well balanced teams. Receivers played a big part as did the running backs, none of whom I can remember having ODBJRS talent. I can remember two great SB catches one being the helmet catch n one a critical sideline catch. What I'm attempting to say is, we won SBs without s lone star talent like OBJ. I remember the run game in those SBs. A run game makes for better receivers. If they trade OBJOBJ SO be it my hair won't be on fire just draft a receiver n linemen play Giants antics-free football

+13 Yes! A balanced offensive attack and smothering D. If the Giants draft their next franchise QB (or have it in Webb), it will be hard enough to pay him 20+ mil per year in a few yrs when Odiva is getting that much too. Now if only DG can get a cpl high picks or a stud RB like Gurley in a trade for T.O. #2 then they can get back to Giants football quicker and we can all enjoy watching Big Blue again.

Comment

In 2011, Nicks was arguably a top 5 WR and Cruz easily in the top 10.

Comment

Nicks was an all world talent at the time
        Cruz too

Comment

cruz had over 1500 yards in 2011.

Comment

Plax was a monster in 2007. And shooting himself in the leg was much worse than anything OBJ has done (so far)

Comment

When will people learn there is no right way to win a superbowl? You can win a Superbowl with a bad running game or a good running game. You can win a Superbowl with Trent Dilfer or you can win a Superbowl with Joe Montana. You can win a Superbowl with Lawrence taylor. You can win a Superbowl with chase Blackburn . There is no one way to define how to win a superbowl.
              [SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by Red Dog View Post
                With fairly well balanced teams. Receivers played a big part as did the running backs, none of whom I can remember having ODBJRS talent. I can remember two great SB catches one being the helmet catch n one a critical sideline catch. What I'm attempting to say is, we won SBs without s lone star talent like OBJ. I remember the run game in those SBs. A run game makes for better receivers. If they trade OBJOBJ SO be it my hair won't be on fire just draft a receiver n linemen play Giants antics-free football
                yep That's how I see it too. NE doesn't have a super star WR just a balanced team and great coaching. You can move the chains without diva wide out.
                sigpic

LT - Carson - Kelley - Van Pelt

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

yep That's how I see it too. NE doesn't have a super star WR just a balanced team and great coaching. You can move the chains without diva wide out.
                  Can't really use NE as an example. They have the all mighty officials on there side.

Comment

You can get to the SuperBowl with a balanced offense along with a Superstar wideout. Just look at the Falcons with Julio Jones. Its been proven that teams have won with top wideouts and hof receivers.

Comment

But they do have arguably the best diva TE the league has ever seen who is a 1st ballot HOF imo and one of if not the best slot receiver in the game in Edelman before the injury. You still need talent along with balance and it does make it a bit easier when you have Brady/BB on your side.

Comment

Cruz had one of the greatest seasons a WR ever had in 2011. Plax was phenominal as well. Nicks had his healthiest and most productive season in 2011. Toomer and Smith were great in 2007.

You need weapons outside.

But the biggest reason we won was our DLine. It was the only way to slow down Brady. It dictated those 2 games.

We werent great at running, but we had a good enough Oline to get that 1 yard when needed.

Comment

It really is not about star power for me. It is about building a championship roster.
                          If we can win a SB with a WR talent like Phil McConkey or Bobby Johnson, I am fine with that.
                          No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

They may not have a superstar WR but they have a superstar receiving TE.

And not to mention the GOAT QB.

Comment

Originally posted by shocknaweny View Post
                              Nicks was an all world talent at the time
                              Cruz too
                              Originally posted by kjmanoni View Post
                              cruz had over 1500 yards in 2011.
                              Originally posted by nostrildamus View Post
                              Plax was a monster in 2007. And shooting himself in the leg was much worse than anything OBJ has done (so far)
                              /thread

LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                              "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Working...
                              X