Cooks Trade Impacts OBJ Trade Options

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooks Trade Impacts OBJ Trade Options

1) It really helps establish the fact that 2 first rounders is not an unjustified starting point.

2) It takes away one of the most likely trade partners in my mind. The fit was just too good. The trade holds more value to a team that OBJ could be considered the missing link.

If his plans to hold out without an extension are true, combined with his contract demands, there is no way he will be a Giant after this upcoming season.

Yeah he is asking too much. He will need to have 150 yards 3 tds per game average for the type of money he wants.
    I made countless predictions based on analyzing the roster and have a high success rate in making the right predictions for years. I gave Eli tips on how to improve his play in 07. I sent him advice on how to improve his performance in a letter I sent to him before the Giants play the Pats in the last regular season of the 07 Season. He did what I wanted him to do leading the Giants to Superbowl victory.

Comment

He will have to throw the ball to himself for $20M!

Comment

Originally posted by PennState1 View Post
        The only issue with that is mike Evans contract set the bar and odell will want to hurdle that. It will cause issues I think because how do you pay him that and also maintain a competitive rest of the roster. You need great play from a qb on one rookie contract which is definitely possible, it just is challenging

Comment

Originally posted by Diamondring View Post
          Yeah he is asking too much. He will need to have 150 yards 3 tds per game average for the type of money he wants.
          If the NFL were a Fantasy Football league, you might have something here with your numbers. However, there's more to a franchise player in the actual, real world NFL than mere stats (although Beckham did set an NFL record for the most yards received in the first 3 years of his career, and he's among the top 5 or higher all time I believe, in TDs received in the first 3 years of his career--so he has the stats).

And as has been said on this board several times over the years when discussing player contracts, there is no such thing as paying a player "more than he's worth". Like any other business, NFL contracts are market driven. If a team believes a specific player is worth what the going market price is (or is willing to set a new top end price for a premier player) for that player's position, the team will pay it because it is worth the price to that team.

Compensation demands of an NFL player today is founded upon basic Econ 101--demand what the market will bear for his services.

Whatever a fan thinks a player is "worth" is meaningless and irrelevant to the team and to the players.

Comment

It also might mean the Giants said no and will not trade ODB.

Comment

not if you have a QB on a rookie deal for 5 years. Yes its impossible if you want to pay a rookie RB as the highest paid player at his position in the NFL and sign Odell, and a LT, and a Free Agent QB.

Comment

There is no ODB trade. Not happening. This effects nothing.
                LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Originally posted by gmen46 View Post

If the NFL were a Fantasy Football league, you might have something here with your numbers. However, there's more to a franchise player in the actual, real world NFL than mere stats (although Beckham did set an NFL record for the most yards received in the first 3 years of his career, and he's among the top 5 or higher all time I believe, in TDs received in the first 3 years of his career--so he has the stats).

And as has been said on this board several times over the years when discussing player contracts, there is no such thing as paying a player "more than he's worth". Like any other business, NFL contracts are market driven. If a team believes a specific player is worth what the going market price is (or is willing to set a new top end price for a premier player) for that player's position, the team will pay it because it is worth the price to that team.

Compensation demands of an NFL player today is founded upon basic Econ 101--demand what the market will bear for his services.

Whatever a fan thinks a player is "worth" is meaningless and irrelevant to the team and to the players.
                  Tell that to Brady and other players that stats mean nothing. Why you think Beckham want.. All forget it.
                  I made countless predictions based on analyzing the roster and have a high success rate in making the right predictions for years. I gave Eli tips on how to improve his play in 07. I sent him advice on how to improve his performance in a letter I sent to him before the Giants play the Pats in the last regular season of the 07 Season. He did what I wanted him to do leading the Giants to Superbowl victory.

Comment

Beckham is a superstar but becoming too expensive to keep a competitive roster I'm a salary cap driven leauge....

Comment

Or we will be playing with Bobby Hart like talent on the OL.
                      No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by Eli_QB10 View Post
                        Beckham is a superstar but becoming too expensive to keep a competitive roster I'm a salary cap driven leauge....
                        Yeah, the Steelers struggle to remain competitive while paying Julio and Matt Ryan just like the Steelers do with Big Ben and A. Brown. Brown and Julio are exactly the stratosphere OBJ is in. Don't know how we'll possibly field a competitive roster paying him. I can't wait for this trade nonsense to die. Mara says no one is untouchable which is a normal thing to say after a 3-13 season and everyone goes insane while ignoring the many signs they don't want to trade him at all.

Comment

Originally posted by huckleberryeli View Post

The only issue with that is mike Evans contract set the bar and odell will want to hurdle that. It will cause issues I think because how do you pay him that and also maintain a competitive rest of the roster. You need great play from a qb on one rookie contract which is definitely possible, it just is challenging
                          If they pay Odell his money now, they will be fine. Getting rid of JPP and that massive contract helps dramatically. Eli and Vernon are now the highest salaries on the roster, so by paying Odell 18-19 million dollars now for the next 4 years is the way to go. Landon Collins will be up next for a huge contract, but by that time, Eli's salary will be coming off the books.

Any rookies we sign in this draft will be on a rookie contract for the next 4 years, while Odell is reaching the end of his contract. Next up will be Sheppard, followed by Engram. Who ever the future QB is, they will not factor into Odell getting his money now. Also, the cap increases every year. I believe they got rid of JPP to make room for Odell. Vernon may not be safe, either.

Comment

He was never going to be traded. The clickbait media provided the kool aid and gullible fans drank it.
                            “It drops deep as it does in my breath

I never sleep, cuz sleep is the cousin of death

Beyond the walls of intelligence, life is defined

I think of crime, when I’m in a New York state of mind.”

Nasir Jones

Comment

The Rams are going all in this year but it will be without Odell.

Odell is finding out no one is willing to give the Giants enough to land him and his future contract.

Looks like we may be stuck with him. That is if he will bless us by stepping on the field with a reasonable contract

Comment

Working...
                              X