looking at the updated Depth chart espn

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post

I guess many teams I'm this year's Draft will disagree with u. If there was an assurance he'd be there at 12 I'd be all for a trade with Bills but I don't think he gets past 5 so we'd have to trade with Denver
    I'm sure a team with draft Nelson high. Probably in the top 10. I get it. But I'm just saying me personally if I was a gm, and a new gm like gentleman, I don't want my first pick to be an offensive lineman. There is just so much risk in predicting how the college lineman will do in the NFL. And yes there is risk in every position, but I thinks it's magnified more with the lineman.
    [SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by JesseJames View Post

why do you call a guard a non skilled position, I'm just asking because I truly want to know how a player can be picked very early in the 1st round and still be non skilled.
      Skilled position players in football are rb,wr,te. It doesn't mean the player can't be skilled. It's just a term.
      [SIGPIC]

Comment

If they are not picking a QB, trading down is a great option. With all the QB's probably being taken early in the draft, it's a great year to draft a player that's not a QB in the first round. Great value.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmulroy99 View Post

If he’s not sitting on the bench most of the time, either Tomlinson or Snacks are. DT is different than edge rusher.
          In A 3-4 rotation in the front 3 is a must . I am not saying to take a DT per say . We need strong rotation . I would not be surprised if we did not take one or upset if we did.
          The Dallas Cowboys have now gone exactly One Third of their pathetic existence without a Super bowl appearance.

Comment

why do you call a guard a non skilled position, I'm just asking because I truly want to know how a player can be picked very early in the 1st round and still be non skilled.
            I bet if you ask any good QB they would agree that all the O line positions are skilled and are greatly needed as we saw as Giant fans for the last few years when we didn't have any.

Comment

Sorry I may have worded that incorrectly. Any player making an NFL Roster at any position should be considered a highly skilled player!! I was referring to players that play WR,QB,RB,TE,DE, etc.. the glamorous positions per say, lol
              Football has been very, very good to us.
              After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
              But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
              2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
              3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
              4-New York Giants!!!
              5-NE
              Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Sorry I may have worded that incorrectly. Any player making an NFL Roster at any position should be considered a highly skilled player!! I was referring to players that play WR,QB,RB,TE,DE, etc.. the glamorous positions per say, lol
                if I were a guard or a tackle I think the description of skill player that didn't include me would make me a little cranky.

Comment

I still say one of our biggest problems over past several yesye has been the terrible offensive line play. The obvious pick here has to be ND's Q. Nelson.

Drafting him coupled with the changes already made in FA will going along way to turning the whole offense around.

Weather they take him at 2 or trade back a little they need to land this kid. I know many say u don't take a non skilled player that high but this fixes a huge need for the foreseeable future and your getting a pro bowl type player.
                  exactly like to see them trade with denver go down to 5 and get nelson or barkely,depending on who is there,and pick up some picks

Comment

Originally posted by big blue dog View Post

exactly like to see them trade with denver go down to 5 and get nelson or barkely,depending on who is there,and pick up some picks
                    That would be the best of both worlds
                    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back

4-New York Giants!!!
                    5-NE

Comment

That would be the best of both worlds
                      yes I don't like the bills trade they will get a ton of picks but they will be going out of the top ten and I don't like that at all,still shell shocked from swing and a miss Jerry Reese lol.

Comment

yes I don't like the bills trade they will get a ton of picks but they will be going out of the top ten and I don't like that at all,still shell shocked from swing and a miss Jerry Reese lol.
                        But u hsha to consider that this is most likely not a one year rebuild and if he can get extra 1s & 2s for 2019&2020 you have to seriously consider pulling the trigger even if it means picking out of top 10 in two weeks

4-New York Giants!!!
                        5-NE

Comment

But u hsha to consider that this is most likely not a one year rebuild and if he can get extra 1s & 2s for 2019&2020 you have to seriously consider pulling the trigger even if it means picking out of top 10 in two weeks
                          Mike good point, there is a ton of work to do,we have some talent for sure but almost 0 depth and still need help in many spots as long as they think they have the answer at QB or believe they can wheel and deal to get one in the next few years,some of this draft capital they gain if they trade can be used to get into position again in the future.

Comment

This thread really underscores how thin we are at positions we could call our “strengths”. The OP makes some compelling arguments about DT/NT. I’m not sure we have a position group that isn’t worthy of premium picks tbh (Maybe TE?). I’m leaning Darnold/Allen at 2, but also recognize these are probably the riskiest choices (especially Allen). I’d also be very happy with a trade back with the Broncos (targeting Chubb/Nelson/Barkley) or even the Bills (targeting DT/LB and Will Hernandez/Isaiah Wynn).

Whatever happens, we’re sure to look a lot different this year.

Comment

Mike good point, there is a ton of work to do,we have some talent for sure but almost 0 depth and still need help in many spots as long as they think they have the answer at QB or believe they can wheel and deal to get one in the next few years,some of this draft capital they gain if they trade can be used to get into position again in the future.
                              That is how you turn a bad team into a really good team over just called few years. Instead of just getting the one guy at #2 you stockpile & get maybe 6 starters over next 2-3 years for that one pick
                              Last edited by miked1958; 04-15-2018, 06:55 PM.

4-New York Giants!!!
                              5-NE

Comment

That is how you turn a bad team into a really good team over just called few years. Instead of just getting the one guy at #2 you can pitepotenti get maybe 6 starters over next 2-3 years for that one pick
                                if there is a roster in need of it this is the one it's been depleted and had a mini restocking.

Comment

Working...
                                X