looking at the updated Depth chart espn

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TEM View Post

Normally i would agree. We have one guy that has proven can play NT (Snacks). We don't know that Tomlinson or Thomas can or if they can not. It is an unknown. Snacks can not play 100% of the snaps. We need insurance. Vea can line up over the center.
    With the exeption of maybe a QB, I don't think you draft a backup when you can upgrade a starting position. So no DT on the first 3 rounds for me.

Comment

Originally posted by PRGiant View Post

With the exeption of maybe a QB, I don't think you draft a backup when you can upgrade a starting position. So no DT on the first 3 rounds for me.
      I am just pointing out how difficult the NT position is difficult master. Dave has taken DTs in the first in the 2013 and 2016. In 16 he took DTs in rounds 1 and 2 . It is not like it can not happen. Me personally I want him to trade the pick away. As I said taking a DT would not be a bad pick. Depth is what wins in later in the season.
      The Dallas Cowboys have now gone exactly One Third of their pathetic existence without a Super bowl appearance.

Comment

Originally posted by sheepdip View Post
        First its nice to see the new players on there and i know some changes could still happen.
        My thoughts are based on what it looks like right now.

Defense

First glance to me looks like we desperately need a DT.

DE - with the suspension of Mauro ? this would seem like another important piece to add. (not as high of a need as DT)

CB we have "A LOT' of bodies and i think DG doesnt mind using no names at Corners or from what I remember in Carolina.

So our draft to me would be assuming trade. I cant possibly think we take QB when we are adding all these veterans?. Hard to read that logic. Are we rebuilding by drafting a QB 2nd or are we adding pieces to try and make a run in next year or 2 ?.

trade out of 2. say bills and scoop 2 x 1s rd picks and a 2nd.
        1st round DT
        1st round DE
        2nd round RB
        2nd round OG
        3rd round CB
        3rd round (from TB) S
        4th round MLB

rest depth ???

any thoughts
        I agree with you on the trading out of #2 ,we need to fix this team. Not sure I agree on the DT and I would be fine taking a QB but not at #2 over all.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post

I am just pointing out how difficult the NT position is difficult master. Dave has taken DTs in the first in the 2013 and 2016. In 16 he took DTs in rounds 1 and 2 . It is not like it can not happen. Me personally I want him to trade the pick away. As I said taking a DT would not be a bad pick. Depth is what wins in later in the season.
          I agree there, getting a good NT is no easy task.

Comment

Originally posted by PRGiant View Post

I agree there, getting a good NT is no easy task.
            If the NT fails to do his Job . The rest of the Defense suffers. 3rd and short will be the norm . He is the stop them from running up the gut player.
            The Dallas Cowboys have now gone exactly One Third of their pathetic existence without a Super bowl appearance.

Comment

Working...
            X