No announcement yet.

Are you satisfied with the current OL?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not satisfied with any OL that still has Flowers penciled in as a starter on it.

Comment

Originally posted by PMcC View Post

That would defeat the purpose of having a message board during the off season.
      Why is that? All we have now is guessing about who might be here in September.
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by bigal1giant View Post
        I think Nelson is a legitimate first round pick BUT I believe we need Chubb even more than we need Nelson! Yeah, Pierre-Paul is gone but he was still very good against the run. From what I read about Chubb, he's a great pass rusher and equally good against the run! I think he's the right fit for a DE in the 3-4 defense were planning to implement! Hell, with Gettleman and his "Hog Mollies" we might even go after Nelson in the first and someone else for the defense in the second or third round! It'll be an interesting draft this year!!!!!!!!!!!
        I agree with you 100% on Chubb. I’ve been on the Chubb wagon ever since this the whole draft mania started. I imagine how Bettcher will use him all over the place.

Comment

satified? no. happy with the additions of Solder(great move) and Omameh(underrated add) but after that there are still some ?

Jones played pretty good and earned the right to be the starting C, but can he coninually play at a decent level? who's the other Guard? Flowers at RT? eww

that's why i think drafting Quentin Nelson, even if it has to be at 2, is the smartest move for this team over Barkley, Chubb, QB, ect.. dude will solidfy the OL for the next decade. draft C/G Ragnow in the 3rd if possible as well. we have 2 high 3rd rounders so he'd be a great move too. could be the starting C day 1 from what i've heard.

liked what Wheeler did in his chance at RT at the end of last yr. had his ups and downs but compared to Bobby Hart was an all star lol. an offseason of training and he could be pretty good.

with a line looking like Solder-Nelson da goat-Jones/Ragnow-Omameh-Wheeler. i would feel very comfortable with that and i think it could be dominating. Eli would have good pass pro for the 1st time in ages.

ideally we can trade back with Denver and get their 2nd rounder. land Nelson at 5. have 2 high picks in 2nd and 3rd.
          Last edited by nygfan0816; 04-08-2018, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post

Why is that? All we have now is guessing about who might be here in September.
            That could be applied to most of the discussions here. So then if you feel we should not have discussions based on where we as fans perceive something because it isn't the final roster, why even keep these forums open?

Oh I get it. Only posts started or approved of by our Lord RoanoakFan should grace these boards.

Comment

Originally posted by Elidagoat713 View Post
              We need to draft Billy Price.
              He could be there in the second.

Put him in at G this year, then move him to C next year and say goodbye to Jones.

Comment

Maybe we should wait to see the final 53?
                Things said last offseason

Comment

No way anyone could be happy but this is a 2 year rebuild process so we have to be patient.. After reese neglected the line for so many years, gettleman now has to clean up the mess.

Comment

Maybe we should wait to see the final 53?
                    Think it will look a little different by then.

Comment

I'm too tired to look it up; who's on there now? Solder LT, Jones C, Flowers RT....who else?
                      "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                      "No...I didn't."
                      "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

The more I think about it the more apparent it becomes that it would be most advantageous if they are able to trade down in the draft and I personally believe that is what they are hoping to be able to manifest. Of course it's just speculation but the reality is that they still need a lot of help and the best way to get that help is by trading back a few spots in the first round in order to get an extra pick or two in this years draft. Sure Barkley is great, Nelson is great, some think that this years top QB's are sure things (I definitively feel otherwise but that's besides the point) the reality is that they want to be seriously competing for a playoff spot this year (while building the team for long term success), they are so close to being able to do that but just need a few more players at certain positions to essentially insure that they are a playoff contender as long as everyone does their job and there isn't a huge amount of injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
                          I'm too tired to look it up; who's on there now? Solder LT, Jones C, Flowers RT....who else?
                          Jerry
                          Omameh
                          and a bunch of no names.

Yeah, I'd say the Giants definitely need more OL....
                          "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                          "No...I didn't."
                          "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

Originally posted by PMcC View Post

That could be applied to most of the discussions here. So then if you feel we should not have discussions based on where we as fans perceive something because it isn't the final roster, why even keep these forums open?

Oh I get it. Only posts started or approved of by our Lord RoanoakFan should grace these boards.
                            You realize you are discussing it, yes?
                            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Frank Ragnow...Move Brett Jones to Guard and put Wheeler at the RT or Flower Child
                              Long Live the King

Comment

Considering where we were...yes, I am happy with the progress so far.
                                "I hire my brains"...Horace Trumbauer

Comment

Working...
                                X