No announcement yet.

Ereck Flowers is a DIVA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On Total Access last night Kim Jones said the FO was not pleased with the no-show, so I'm guessing he either didn't say anything to them, or they did not like what they heard.

Comment

Prior to passing judgment I'll wait to see if there is a legitimate reason why he didn't show but enough with the "it's voluntary"...."it's not required" excuse many posters are using....you sound like the guy's agent. Yes per the CBA he has a right to not show and maybe if he was an all world player with a solid work ethic and no questionable commitment history he'd get a pass but c'mon.....the dude is the exact opposite of all that.

If you don't think the coaches take note of a player skipping these "voluntary" OTA's you are flat out nuts....loco....crazy.....especially when he was THE ONLY roster no show.....not to mention he was arguably THE WORST starting LT in the league couple that with the fact you have a new coaching staff and GM in place you pretty much just dug your own grave.

He probably just missed his flight....like he did every block last year.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post

I will mark it down with all the other It will happen statements. Theses are voluntary . They are voluntary for a reason. If as you say and the team can hold it against the player. Don't make them voluntary. The Team can not have it both ways.

Is this your point along with others? Because if it is, it is a contradiction and defies rational thinking. You don't have to come . But if you don't you will be cut. Does that sound the least bit ludicrous?
        Nope. Being the only player on the entire roster to not show up to these workouts for no good reason at all, voluntary or not, that's what is ludicrous. This is especially so for Flowers who has a lot of improving to do and is switching positions under a new coaching staff.
        Over 7000 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Comment

IF he is not dealing with a family issue that he informed the Giants about, he needs to have his head examined. This guy needs a ton of work and has to convince this new management team he really wants the RT job. He has NO room for error this off season. BAD move to not show up.

Comment

Originally posted by repeatchamps View Post

Nope. Being the only player on the entire roster to not show up to these workouts for no good reason at all, voluntary or not, that's what is ludicrous. This is especially so for Flowers who has a lot of improving to do and is switching positions under a new coaching staff.
            They canít takr formal action against him for skipping these workouts. Union would explode. But it does put him in the dog house with coaches (where he was already) and lowers his chances to be a starter.

it doesnít really matter. He has been replaced. He is gone at the end of 2018. Just a count down now. He doesnít much care so I am not sure why the Giants or their fans would waste any more thought on him

Comment

Originally posted by PennState1 View Post
              IF he is not dealing with a family issue that he informed the Giants about, he needs to have his head examined. This guy needs a ton of work and has to convince this new management team he really wants the RT job. He has NO room for error this off season. BAD move to not show up.
              I agree. Particularly in a year with a new GM and coaching staff.

Comment

In E Flowers defense, though. Think about it.
                Came in to the league as a HIGH draft pick. Realized little by little that he's just not very good playing O-line in the NFL. Tried hard to improve. Still not very good. Constant stress. Constant media and fan scrutiny and criticism. How do you think he feels? He's a human being for gosh sakes. It's not his fault if he was drafted way too high. This whole ordeal must have been hellish for the young man. Maybe he doesn't know if he can take another year of it. Understandable.
                What is it in human nature that finds it acceptable or even pleasurable to tear down and hurt others?
                Last edited by boxcar willie; 04-10-2018, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boxcar willie View Post
                  In E Flowers defense, though. Think about it.
                  Came in to the league as a HIGH draft pick. Realized little by little that he's just not very good playing O-line in the NFL. Tried hard to improve. Still not very good. Constant stress. Constant media and fan scrutiny and criticism. How do you think he feels? He's a human being for gosh sakes. It's not his fault if he was drafted way to high. This whole ordeal must have been hellish for the young man. Maybe he doesn't know if he can take another year of it. Understandable.
                  What is it in human nature that finds it acceptable or even pleasurable to tear down and hurt others?
                  Thanks Sigmund Freud...

Comment

Originally posted by primetime View Post

Thanks Sigmund Freud...
                    Your welcome, Adolf. lol
                    Last edited by boxcar willie; 04-10-2018, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Trainwreck Flowers is a bust, CUT HIM!

Comment

Originally posted by SG88 View Post

I agree. Assumption is the mother of all **** ups. Unfortunately, that happens here pretty much all of the time. I went to his twitter page and didn't see anything.
                        Pretty ironic and hypocritical coming from someone who made drastic accusations and assumptions against another user because they didnít like a certain players hair style.

Youíre right, it is unfortunate.

Comment

Ereck Flowers is just not that Good.
                          New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by acbleedblue View Post

Really, still with this too young to give up on nonsense?
                            How long has he been in the NFL, does that even factor into your equation?
                            He became an easy target because he isn't a good football player, not hard to understand.
                            I'm not looking to make excuses for Flowers but the reality is he is the same age as Engram and Webb was drafted to play right tackle.

He was thrust into the LT spot because of the injury to Beatty, and the fact that they left him there is more an indictment on the coaching staff and GM as it is about the player.

Comment

For those crucifying Flowers. He actually played very well as a run blocker all season last year and got better at pass blocking later in the season. WHERE, I might add, he went 300+ snaps without allowing a sack. He's now going to be moved to the right side of the line where he belongs and will probably have a decent year.

It's VOLUNTARY workouts. Let's stop making this more than what it is.
                              I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Really sucks to have yet another high draft pick go south. Is Apple next?

Comment

Working...
                                X