Ereck Flowers is a DIVA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post

Shurmur acknowledged his injuries last year so I am merely following the sentiment of the new HC, and the Giants confirmed he was hurt last year unlike Hart. If that happened to be BS so be it.

I'm rooting for him for the simple reason that since we picked him with the 9th pick; I'd love to see things work out as well as possible.

Erik became everyone's favorite target, including the broadcasters. The reality is that someone is getting beat on basically every play, not just Flowers, and as the season progressed he looked better.
    I wasn't aware of having sand in your ***** was an injury.

Its painfully ovbious I'm not a fan of the kid.

Comment

• Originally posted by TE88 View Post

They canít takr formal action against him for skipping these workouts. Union would explode. But it does put him in the dog house with coaches (where he was already) and lowers his chances to be a starter.

it doesnít really matter. He has been replaced. He is gone at the end of 2018. Just a count down now. He doesnít much care so I am not sure why the Giants or their fans would waste any more thought on him
      No one has entertained that there could possibly be a reason he has missed. Unless I am missing something. Anyone else would get the benefit of the doubt alal LC....Snacks...etc

Comment

• Originally posted by JB456 View Post

This dude is so bad that the only acceptable reason would be sickness or a death in his family. There wasn't any mention of any special situation in the article AK_91207 posted so it really seems like he is acting like a pouting toddler. WAH!, I lost my starting LT spot even though I was one of the worst LT's over the last 3 years, WAH!
        Well maybe we should determine that before the release of assumed rhetoric. It seems just another reason to bash a guy IMO

Comment

• Originally posted by primetime View Post

How do I feel about his transition to right tackle? Let's put it this way, I would have more confidence in a tackling dummy lining up and blocking NFL defensive ends. At least when Eli is getting creamed we can blame it on technique.

The kid was born with two left feet.
          I have my concerns. If I were to guess, I give it a 30% chance of working out. The chances would be higher IMO if he didn't already have a bad reputation of "being uncoachable" coming into the league, which is something that he hasn't been able to prove wrong as of yet.
          “It drops deep as it does in my breath

I never sleep, cuz sleep is the cousin of death

Beyond the walls of intelligence, life is defined

I think of crime, when I’m in a New York state of mind.”

Nasir Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post

I'm not looking to make excuses for Flowers but the reality is he is the same age as Engram and Webb was drafted to play right tackle.

He was thrust into the LT spot because of the injury to Beatty, and the fact that they left him there is more an indictment on the coaching staff and GM as it is about the player.
            I doubt anyone on this board can play LT so I would think ppl would curtail their criticism just a little bit. I mean I do agree he has played bad but a lot can be said for coaching as well. We all want Pro Bowlers out the gate until it comes time to pay them....smirk

Comment

• Originally posted by SG88 View Post

I have my concerns. If I were to guess, I give it a 30% chance of working out. The chances would be higher IMO if he didn't already have a bad reputation of "being uncoachable" coming into the league, which is something that he hasn't been able to prove wrong as of yet.
              Three years of poor play sealed the deal for me.
              And to the people who said he played ok last season after the beating he took against Ansah.
              The Giants did not leave him out on an island anymore, they slid the line to his side, gave him chipped blocks, and Eli got the ball out fast.
              Why fans want to put lipstick on a pig is beyond me.

Comment

• Let's stop pretending this guy is 12 years old and using the "kid" excuse for him. He is a 23 year old man who is handsomely compensated for a job he has yet to adequately perform. What I wouldn't give to be 23 years old again and suck at my job yet get paid a kings share. Regardless of profession whether you're a janitor, burger flipper or NFL lineman and your job performance to date has been brutally awful coupled with the fact you have new management coming in wouldn't you do everything in your power to maintain employment? Including putting a good foot forward and attending "voluntary" activities? This says something about his character more than anything. I'm not sure who's advising him or what kind of leverage he thinks he has other than finishing out his rookie contract. When he gets bounced from the roster he will have no one to blame but himself.

Comment

• Originally posted by FBomb View Post
                  It's VOLUNTARY workouts. Let's stop making this more than what it is.
                  It's also voluntary to keep him on the roster.

IMO he will be around thru camp at least. After all, they need about 90 guys.

After that, depending on other factors he may likely be gone.

Comment

• Did he show today?

Comment

• Originally posted by BornBlue37 View Post

Well maybe we should determine that before the release of assumed rhetoric. It seems just another reason to bash a guy IMO

My "Rhetoric" was based on an actual article.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/article..._offseason.amp

Could this article be misleading? Sure, but at this point I am leaning towards it being accurate until it is refuted. I don't know why so many people defend this guy? He is one of the biggest busts the Giants have ever had. Based on the reply's I received to my comment, I am starting to believe that there are a lot of battered masochists on this board, lol...
                      Last edited by JB456; 04-10-2018, 05:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JB456 View Post

My "Rhetoric" was based on an actual article.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/article..._offseason.amp

Could this article be misleading? Sure, but at this point I am leaning towards it being accurate until it is refuted. I don't know why so many people defend this guy? He is one of the biggest busts the Giants have ever had. Based on the reply's I received to my comment, I am starting to believe that there are a lot of battered masochists on this board, lol...
                        Not defending him but it is what it is. I don't find it necessary to pound the obvious....now it is the offseason, during the season hmmmm now that is a different story. Smirk

Comment

• Maybe Flowers is smarter than we are giving him credit for. If he thinks/knows he is toast, why bother showing up for something that is not mandatory?

Comment

• Originally posted by scoostraw View Post
                            Maybe Flowers is smarter than we are giving him credit for. If he thinks/knows he is toast, why bother showing up for something that is not mandatory?
                            Because the rest of the NFL is watching. No interest in improving = no future interest in signing him.

Comment

• Originally posted by repeatchamps View Post

Nope. Being the only player on the entire roster to not show up to these workouts for no good reason at all, voluntary or not, that's what is ludicrous. This is especially so for Flowers who has a lot of improving to do and is switching positions under a new coaching staff.
                              What does voluntary mean?
                              The Dallas Cowboys have now gone exactly One Third of their pathetic existence without a Super bowl appearance.

Comment

• Originally posted by FBomb View Post
                                For those crucifying Flowers. He actually played very well as a run blocker all season last year and got better at pass blocking later in the season. WHERE, I might add, he went 300+ snaps without allowing a sack. He's now going to be moved to the right side of the line where he belongs and will probably have a decent year.

It's VOLUNTARY workouts. Let's stop making this more than what it is.
                                They cannot fathom the meaning of the word.
                                The Dallas Cowboys have now gone exactly One Third of their pathetic existence without a Super bowl appearance.

Comment

Working...
                                X