Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
    good signing eh........
    Yes it was. Those boys know what work is where he's from.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

Didn't you and I have this conversation when they tendered him? I told you once he was tendered he was a Giant. That's why they tendered him. They could get him for just one year. They like him. He was our best O. lineman last year. If he plays well, and I think he will, they will sign him for a longer term contract.

It's just the way tenders work. They knew no one was going to sign him because of the 2nd round tender penalty.
      Why not jut tie him up . If he plays well, He'll be bidded on . If he is not either way we need to draft a center, We don't have a 2nd center on the roster.
      Last edited by TEM; 04-10-2018, 10:46 PM.
      The Dallas Cowboys have now gone exactly One Third of their pathetic existence without a Super bowl appearance.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post

What makes you think you do? Do you have any inside information? Did the FO consult with you on team moves?
        Here it is if you're interested.

http://boards.giants.com/forum/new-y...-brett-jones-c
        Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Why not jut tie him up . If he play well, He'll be bidded on . If he is not either way we need to draft a center, We don't have a 2nd center on the roster.
          He has like 10 games under his belt. Let's see if he can play an NFL season healthy and at a high level.

But as far as I'm concerned he our center for the foreseeable.
          Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Nice pickup and development by JR and the Giants. Hope he has a big year in 2018.

Comment

Originally posted by moosedrool View Post

You never cease to amaze me TEM. You call Jones a rent-a-center, completely oblivious to the fact of the 2nd round tender.

Do you have a clue why the Giants put a 2nd round tender on him?
              Because they think he is worth what a second round player gets paid. . My point if the FO wants him on the roster longterm . Sign him to a cheaper contract for multiple years. What will he cost if he has a good season? 8, 10 , 12 13 million a season? Besides we need center. We only have one. Price can play Guard and Center. If Jones walks or is allowed to walk next season we have his successor on the roster.
              The Dallas Cowboys have now gone exactly One Third of their pathetic existence without a Super bowl appearance.

Comment

Because they think he is worth what a second round player gets paid. . My point if the FO wants him on the roster longterm . Sign him to a cheaper contract for multiple years. What will he cost if he has a good season? 8, 10 , 12 13 million a season? Besides we need center. We only have one. Price can play Guard and Center. If Jones walks or is allowed to walk next season we have his successor on the roster.
                My point, which for some STUBBORN reason continues to go over your head, is the Giants need to see him play a full year as a starter before committing limited salary cap $$$ to the center position. Stop calling players rent-a-whatever when a 2nd round tender is placed on that player. That is just bad posting.

Comment

Originally posted by moosedrool View Post

My point, which for some STUBBORN reason continues to go over your head, is the Giants need to see him play a full year as a starter before committing limited salary cap $$$ to the center position. Stop calling players rent-a-whatever when a 2nd round tender is placed on that player. That is just bad posting.
                  It is not a bad posting .He is on a one year contract.
                  IMO : it did not go over my head . Would it not make sense to lock him up? The reason they did not. They have doubts . Why I say draft a center , They have an option for next season.

If anything in this draft that is not a smoke screen . It is we have one center under contract for one season.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                    Once they tendered him, he was for all intents and purposes a Giant for 2018.
                    So we're not resigned to his playing another year then?
                    sigpic

Comment

Good move. Not a spectacular center but solid enough. I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by bruiser1 View Post
                        JUst fishing
                        Thats because he didnít resign.....he re-signed!
                        "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
                          Whatever we do, do not give Reese any credit for bringing this guy in. That would ruin Jerry's reputation as a complete bum.
                          If Davis Webb turns out to be another Johnny Unitas, Reese's legacy will be rewritten also.

Seriously though, probably the biggest error the Giants could make at this point would be to overlook Webb (IF he could be special).

Comment

Originally posted by Gee718 View Post
                            Where is the guy that was debating me about him remaining with the Giants? I kinda remember but I don't want to guess wrong. The guy thought someone would give up a 2nd rounder for Brett Jones.

I would have gladly used the pick on one of the many Centers coming out in that round. I doubt he's better than Frank Ragnow
                            If I'm not mistaken, Brett Jones was like "player of the year" or something in the CFL. For what that's worth.

Comment

They might pick up a FA center when cuts begin

Comment

Originally posted by PennState1 View Post
                                They might pick up a FA center when cuts begin
                                Do they currently have another player on the roster who can competently snap the ball, call for position shifting? If not, then yeah you have to have that for backup at least.

Comment

Working...
                                X