Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why The Blind Love Affair with Steve Spagnuola??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why The Blind Love Affair with Steve Spagnuola??

ok i know this is sacrilege, but come on guys ...

players play, coaches coach

i'd take another defensive stud any day over a coach

listen if somebody said we could replace Perry with Steve and Steve would be more than happy to just be DC, then i would do it in a heartbeat, but i wouldn't expect any average defensive player we have to all of a sudden become great ... he can only do so much

and you don't have to even wonder about that, because with total and complete control of the Rams, he did not accomplish anything and i don't think he forgot how to coach D, but he just simply didn't have the studs he needed

bottom line is ... Tuck, Strahan and Osi were so dominant vs. the Patriots and the guys behind them, while certainly not great ... they were all on the same page and knew what they were doing ... that is why we won the Super Bowl

yes, we all had huge smiles on our faces watching Spags conduct the defense like a maestro and having us dominate, but you still have to realize that the players had more to do with the success than Spags

it's unbelievable to me, altho it shouldn't be b/c the same thing happened in 2007, that people want to lose to have a better chance of getting Spags, etc. ... with everyone healthy and if we can add stud DT or LB or DB, then we can be very dominant on D next year no matter who is pulling the strings with 2 solid corners, 1 solid LB and several good/great pass rushers

Re: Why The Blind Love Affair with Steve Spagnuola??

[quote user="G-Man67"]ok i know this is sacrilege, but come on guys ...

players play, coaches coach

i'd take another defensive stud any day over a coach

listen if somebody said we could replace Perry with Steve and Steve would be more than happy to just be DC, then i would do it in a heartbeat, but i wouldn't expect any average defensive player we have to all of a sudden become great ... he can only do so much

and you don't have to even wonder about that, because with total and complete control of the Rams, he did not accomplish anything and i don't think he forgot how to coach D, but he just simply didn't have the studs he needed

bottom line is ... Tuck, Strahan and Osi were so dominant vs. the Patriots and the guys behind them, while certainly not great ... they were all on the same page and knew what they were doing ... that is why we won the Super Bowl

yes, we all had huge smiles on our faces watching Spags conduct the defense like a maestro and having us dominate, but you still have to realize that the players had more to do with the success than Spags

it's unbelievable to me, altho it shouldn't be b/c the same thing happened in 2007, that people want to lose to have a better chance of getting Spags, etc. ... with everyone healthy and if we can add stud DT or LB or DB, then we can be very dominant on D next year no matter who is pulling the strings with 2 solid corners, 1 solid LB and several good/great pass rushers[/quote]

i guess you missed 2007

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

I have heard the media mention how banged up the Rams are in the secondary which is why Spags is having such a bad year but don't hear them mention how banged up the Giants secondary is yet PF gets so much blame.

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

i guess you missed 2007

[/quote]

makes no sense MMB ... if the Rams were stuffing everyone, i'd be like, wow a genius ... write him a blank check, but they can't stop anyone, so to me the GM is the guy most responsible for the defence and not the DC

heck, here is the greatest example ever ... Belichick can't stop anyone this year ... hmmm, maybe it's the players not the coaches???

listen, like everyone i want the best players and coaches, but if i had to choose one or the other, then i'm choosing players all day

Comment

[quote user="G-Man67"]ok i know this is sacrilege, but come on guys ...

[/quote]

Blind?

Torque it till it breaks, then back off a 1/4 turn.

Comment

coaches definitely don't make that much of a difference, I mean just look at Sheridan...wait, what?

Comment

[quote user="Roosevelt"][quote user="G-Man67"]ok i know this is sacrilege, but come on guys ...

[/quote]

Blind?

[/quote]

i say blind b/c many are completely dismissing the job he hasn't done with the Rams and if he comes here, which i'm totally OK with, don't get me wrong ... he will come here with the lure of, obviously having some defensive studs, but also the chance of being the next Giants HC when Coughlin retires

so while i would be thrilled to have him as DC, i'm not so certain he would be the best HC for us down the road

now having said that ... Belichick failed in Cleveland and then basically re-wrote the record book for great coaching with NE, but i just think that we can't overlook the fact that Spags failed in St. Louis

Comment

Its no different than the blind devotion to Parcells all these years despite the evidence that he never won a playoff game where Belichick was his DC. Classic case of perception being greater than reality. Media brainwashing contributes as well.

Comment

[quote user="G-Man67"]
                  bottom line is ... Tuck, Strahan and Osi were so dominant vs. the Patriots and the guys behind them, while certainly not great ... they were all on the same page and knew what they were doing ... that is why we won the Super Bowl[/quote]

Ding ding ding.

Now why do you think they were all on the same page and knew what they were doing? Of course having a guy like AP helped a lot, but that is mainly the def. coordinators job.

Comment

[quote user="yatitle"]Its no different than the blind devotion to Parcells all these years despite the evidence that he never won a playoff game where Belichick was his DC.* Classic case of perception being greater than reality.* Media brainwashing contributes as well.
                    [/quote]

ha, i do love Parcells and i probably did give him more credit than he deserved for our success back then, but, man, after watching the Giants in the 70s, i don't think you could help as the younger, less experienced fan i was back then, thinking Parcells was a savior for our franchise

Comment

[quote user="jhamburg"][quote user="G-Man67"]
                      bottom line is ... Tuck, Strahan and Osi were so dominant vs. the Patriots and the guys behind them, while certainly not great ... they were all on the same page and knew what they were doing ... that is why we won the Super Bowl[/quote]

Ding ding ding.

Now why do you think they were all on the same page and knew what they were doing? Of course having a guy like AP helped a lot, but that is mainly the def. coordinators job.[/quote]

right, you said it ... AP, Sam Madison, RW McQuarters ... we had true leaders back there even if they weren't physically in their prime

Comment

[quote user="G-Man67"][quote user="jhamburg"][quote user="G-Man67"]

Ding ding ding.

Now why do you think they were all on the same page and knew what they were doing? Of course having a guy like AP helped a lot, but that is mainly the def. coordinators job.[/quote]

right, you said it ... AP, Sam Madison, RW McQuarters ... we had true leaders back there even if they weren't physically in their prime[/quote]

which is clearly evident by all those super bowls AP, Madison, and RW won without Spags.

Comment

Spagnuola?

Never heard of him.

Comment

Ding ding ding.

right, you said it ... AP, Sam Madison, RW McQuarters ... we had true leaders back there even if they weren't physically in their prime[/quote]

Well I don't know what to tell you man. You seem to think that the def. coordinator has little or no bearing on what goes on on the field. If you look around the league I don't think the evidence agrees with you.

Comment

Ding ding ding.

Well I don't know what to tell you man. You seem to think that the def. coordinator has little or no bearing on what goes on on the field. If you look around the league I don't think the evidence agrees with you.

Comment

Working...
                              X