Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

maybe front office should have looked ahead and started Webb at end of last season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maybe front office should have looked ahead and started Webb at end of last season

That is my 1 regret, they should have been looking at the whole picture, knowing Eli's age and what draft pick we would have etc. Maybe they should have let him start last 2 games. Now its a big guess as to what he can do.

I dont know if it had something to do with the fact he wasnt ready ?? I dont know.

thats why the football world and Giants fans went buggy when Macadope started Geno,just a bad situation maybe the kid wasn't ready and that was completely possible being he had never lined up under center all through college,they would have not gotten a true read on what type of player he could be.

Comment

They way I looked at it last year is that Mac didn't want to hurt Webb's confidence by putting him out there behind that Offensive Line, and with all our injuries at Receiver. Webb probably just wasn't ready. Still, I hear you about wishing we had some film on the kid.

Comment

Originally posted by sheepdip View Post
        That is my 1 regret, they should have been looking at the whole picture, knowing Eli's age and what draft pick we would have etc. Maybe they should have let him start last 2 games. Now its a big guess as to what he can do.

I dont know if it had something to do with the fact he wasnt ready ?? I dont know.
        Ya think?

Yes it was a huge mistake. I put that at the feet of John Mara and Steve Spagnuolo.
        Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

Ya think?

Yes it was a huge mistake. I put that at the feet of John Mara and Steve Spagnuolo.
          You put partial blame on the man who would have been vilified by the media and fans? Spags became intern head coach after the Storm of the benching of Eli Manning. He did what any intern coach who knew his job was finished after the season. He played his guy.

The blame falls squarely on the feet of Mara.

Comment

it was important to see what we had in Geno Smith...

Comment

They saw him practice everyday for a year, having him get destroyed in an NFL game would do what exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by nycowns View Post
                They saw him practice everyday for a year, having him get destroyed in an NFL game would do what exactly?
                That is a wild assumption. None of us has any idea how he would have played or how he would have handled NFL games.
                Of what value was it to see Eli flounder in the last 4 games?...After the season was over.
                Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

No .

Comment

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
                    it was important to see what we had in Geno Smith...
                    I see what you did there!

Comment

One of the worst decisions ever. The type of decision that could really come back to haunt this franchise for years.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

Ya think?

It was Bens and Johns fault and you know it. After the whole Geno Smith debacle I'm willing to bet John ordered Steve to start Eli to appease fans.
                        Ben and John are the only ones to blame. Everyone else was forced to deal with a ****ty situation the best they could.

Comment

I didn't have a problem with Geno getting a chance, but Webb not getting time was just plain ridiculous.

Comment

Whole season was an absolute waste !!

Comment

They were in the process...until everyone fan and everyone in the nation screamed about benching Eli

Comment

Working...
                              X