Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

maybe front office should have looked ahead and started Webb at end of last season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The problem is when the coaches know they are getting let go at the end of the season, they aren't looking out for the best interest of the organization that is about to can them. At that point they are coaching out of desperation to reduce the blow by looking as less pathetic as possible. Which is why if you're not an early pick you have a hard road to success because the higher picks or proven talents will get every opportunity to prove themselves before the unproven and/or lower asset expenditures will get any opportunities at all, and if you are playing with 2nd, or 3rd stringers anything proven has little comparative value to what they would prove by playing with 1sts.

Comment

• Imagine how many fumbles Smith would have had if the 017 O Line was bad!
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Diamondring View Post

I remember when posters said that any other qb would play behind the 017 O-line they would get destroyed. Well it didn't happen to Geno Smith.
        .....yeah it did, he stunk.No different than Eli.

Comment

• Originally posted by river555 View Post

Maybe ?? Lets go back in time...there were about a million articles written by every NFL writer across the country during November and December saying Webb should be starting...about a million comments on NFL network, CBS, ESPN, Fox Sports by every NFL analyst working on TV saying Webb should be starting....The whole football world was saying Webb should be starting....it was the only logical thing to do.....Mara is a great owned but he definitely messed up monstrously not playing Webb...
          Starting?
          "I hire my brains"...Horace Trumbauer

Comment

• Originally posted by G1.. View Post

.....yeah it did, he stunk.No different than Eli.
            Not true!

The line was excellent. That's why he was only sacked three times and only lost two fumbles.

If the line was bad, I imagine it would only have been worse.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

Not true!

The line was excellent. That's why he was only sacked three times and only lost two fumbles.

If the line was bad, I imagine it would only have been worse.
              ...you forgot to mention the "pressures".

Comment

...you forgot to mention the "pressures".
                Geno had to deal with pressure on every play? Eli didn't get destroyed and he is stiff in the pocket. I bet Brady and Breese deal with pressure as well. Many qbs do.
                I made countless predictions based on analyzing the roster and have a high success rate in making the right predictions for years. I gave Eli tips on how to improve his play in 07. I sent him advice on how to improve his performance in a letter I sent to him before the Giants play the Pats in the last regular season of the 07 Season. He did what I wanted him to do leading the Giants to Superbowl victory.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue_ToThe_Bone View Post

Having not watched Geno before I was expecting a disaster based on the fan reaction. After watching him play I saw an accurate, mobile, and strong-armed, tight spiral throwing QB that was confident in the locker room.
                  You saw him in the locker room?

Comment

• Originally posted by sheepdip View Post
                    That is my 1 regret, they should have been looking at the whole picture, knowing Eli's age and what draft pick we would have etc. Maybe they should have let him start last 2 games. Now its a big guess as to what he can do.

I dont know if it had something to do with the fact he wasnt ready ?? I dont know.
                    why start webb? i mean even geno looked better than eli out there in his one game so it's safe to say davis webb would probably do better. if we win those 2 games we lose our draft pick to the colts most likely. it would be nice to know what we've got in him to be sure but it would be hard to really tell what kind of player he was with a decimated WR corps, a terrible OL, and one of the worst offenses this team has ever had.

Comment

Geno had to deal with pressure on every play? Eli didn't get destroyed and he is stiff in the pocket. I bet Brady and Breese deal with pressure as well. Many qbs do.
                      Brady and Brees have a receiving core that was healthy,and a O line that blocked and decent running game......not to mention decent defenses and special teams,oh yes......................a Head Coach who knew how to coach.Gino had a game Eli has had to put up with it for years , name the last 400 yard game for Gino and then name Eli's.

Comment

Brady and Brees have a receiving core that was healthy,and a O line that blocked and decent running game......not to mention decent defenses and special teams,oh yes......................a Head Coach who knew how to coach.Gino had a game Eli has had to put up with it for years , name the last 400 yard game for Gino and then name Eli's.
                        Don't forget Eli can't throw a accurate screen pass to save his life and the Giants and Pats stats are not that far apart. Eli has trouble throwing short passes and his passes seem to not help receivers run after the catch so that is why Eli can't pass for 400 yards wich many qbs don't do anyway.
                        I made countless predictions based on analyzing the roster and have a high success rate in making the right predictions for years. I gave Eli tips on how to improve his play in 07. I sent him advice on how to improve his performance in a letter I sent to him before the Giants play the Pats in the last regular season of the 07 Season. He did what I wanted him to do leading the Giants to Superbowl victory.

Comment

• Even though we didn't start Webb. The Giants know so much about him then we know about the other qb's. Relax us fans don't know enough about Webb but the Giants know enough !!!

Comment

Don't forget Eli can't throw a accurate screen pass to save his life and the Giants and Pats stats are not that far apart. Eli has trouble throwing short passes and his passes seem to not help receivers run after the catch so that is why Eli can't pass for 400 yards wich many qbs don't do anyway.
                            Eli threw for 366 against Philly is Sept and 434 in Dec . What the heck are you talking about?

Comment

• If NFL misinformation was a publicly traded stock, the time to buy would be the beginning of February and the time to sell might be the third day of the draft.

We have no idea about whether they like Webb or not. Nor should we.

Show me a team thatís truthful about their needs and intentions and I will show you a team that gets leapfrogged for their coveted player. It is probably the exact reason why the Giants wound up with that knucklehead Eli Apple.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rpisco View Post
                                Even though we didn't start Webb. The Giants know so much about him then we know about the other qb's. Relax us fans don't know enough about Webb but the Giants know enough !!!
                                Thank you .

Comment

Working...
                                X