Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

maybe front office should have looked ahead and started Webb at end of last season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NYG9289 View Post

One of the worst decisions ever. The type of decision that could really come back to haunt this franchise for years.
    lol stop it

Comment

lol....sorry I had to laugh at this one.

Comment

Part of the problem stemmed from the Giants going into the season with the idea that Webb, a 3rd round pick, was never going to be active or have a shot at the back-up QB spot in 2017. They should have let Webb really compete with Geno for the back-up job in training camp/preseason and if Webb won then they would have gotten a real look at Webb when they benched Eli.
        One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nycowns View Post

lol stop it
          Don't fall for the bait bro

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

That is a wild assumption. None of us has any idea how he would have played or how he would have handled NFL games.
            Of what value was it to see Eli flounder in the last 4 games?...After the season was over.
            They won't answer it....because there is no value only stat padding

Comment

Originally posted by hadenough View Post
              They were in the process...until everyone fan and everyone in the nation screamed about benching Eli
              The Giant fans ,the experts,all said enough stupid stuff . Benching Eli will go down as one of the biggest and dumbest front office moves ,along with the Ray Handley hiring and the not dumping Reese when you fired Coughlin.

Comment

Originally posted by G1.. View Post

The Giant fans ,the experts,all said enough stupid stuff . Benching Eli will go down as one of the biggest and dumbest front office moves ,along with the Ray Handley hiring and the not dumping Reese when you fired Coughlin.
                Personally I loved it. They actually held someone accountable for our terrible season.
                When you are 2-9...No one should be safe. They should have benched JPP (the invisible man) as well.
                Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

lol stop it
                  Huh? Now that we didn't play Webb, Shurmur and DG don't know what we have going into the draft. If we take a QB and he busts, then yes it sets us back for years. We could've played Webb and seen if he is the guy for the future (which he definitely might be) and decided that we 100% don't need a QB in this draft and selected a different impact player. Very simple to understand. Don't know what's so hard for you to grasp.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

Ya think?

Yes it was a huge mistake. I put that at the feet of John Mara and Steve Spagnuolo.
                    I don't blame Mara nor Spags. I would blame Reese and Macadoo though. They could have started Webb instead they chose to start Geno. I'm still confused as to why they needed to evaluate Geno instead of Webb.

Comment

Originally posted by BornBlue37 View Post

Don't fall for the bait bro
                      There is no bait, bro. Simply a very plausible situation that could play out.

Comment

Originally posted by BornBlue37 View Post

They won't answer it....because there is no value only stat padding
                        Actually, I believe that everyone would have been fine had Webb played. But instead they chose Geno which is what got everyone in an uproar. People always forget that part.

Comment

Originally posted by NYG9289 View Post

Huh? Now that we didn't play Webb, Shurmur and DG don't know what we have going into the draft. If we take a QB and he busts, then yes it sets us back for years. We could've played Webb and seen if he is the guy for the future (which he definitely might be) and decided that we 100% don't need a QB in this draft and selected a different impact player. Very simple to understand. Don't know what's so hard for you to grasp.
                          What's so hard to grasp that hundreds on NYG employees saw him practice daily and deemed him not ready or good enough to play?

He was a 3rd round (should've been 6th or 7th round) project drafted by an awful GM you reached way too far for.

You need to move on, barring multiple injures at the QB position, Webb will never ever start a game here. He's Nassib 2.0, the end move on.

Comment

What's so hard to grasp that hundreds on NYG employees saw him practice daily and deemed him not ready or good enough to play?

He was a 3rd round (should've been 6th or 7th round) project drafted by an awful GM you reached way too far for.

You need to move on, barring multiple injures at the QB position, Webb will never ever start a game here. He's Nassib 2.0, the end move on.
                            Now you're just being silly.

What is it about his game that you don't like? I see a guy who is a natural passer. Great arm. I also loved the way he dropped balls over defenders at Cal. he threw the ball well into tight windows which is a key NFL trait for a QB.

I have no idea if he's going to be an NFL starter, but I like his tools.
                            Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

I know facts are deemed silly around here, silly me.

Comment

Originally posted by acbleedblue View Post

Actually, I believe that everyone would have been fine had Webb played. But instead they chose Geno which is what got everyone in an uproar. People always forget that part.
                                It was a PC move to go to Geno because he had won the back up job. That is like saying if Eli got hurt that Webb should have went in before Geno. Geno was a bridge to Webb who would have go at least 3-4 games. Ppl overreacted to the Geno aspect as if it mattered. Eli opted not to start the games period. Maybe Geno excelled and we signed him or used him as trade bait etc. Geno had earned the right to be up next whether ppl liked it or not, The Giants brought him in and signed him and he won the back up job.

Comment

Working...
                                X