Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

maybe front office should have looked ahead and started Webb at end of last season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ya think?...

"it won't matter who we pick at #2 because whoever it is we need him..."

​​​​​​ -Jesse James

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
      ya think?...
      I approve this message.

Sarcasman

Comment

Originally posted by sheepdip View Post
        That is my 1 regret, they should have been looking at the whole picture, knowing Eli's age and what draft pick we would have etc. Maybe they should have let him start last 2 games. Now its a big guess as to what he can do.

I dont know if it had something to do with the fact he wasnt ready ?? I dont know.
        We should have. Though, allowing Webb to play wasn't a super popular opinion at that point in time.

Comment

When you have an idiot for a HC. The HC make idiotic moves. When the HC makes idiotic moves the team ends up 3-13. When you end up with an idiotic coach and a 3-13 record . Players are not utilized .
          "Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad." Darrell Royal

Comment

Half the boards wanted Webb in. Half were adamant Webb was too precious to deserve a single snap.

i was in the former camp. There was no reason to bench Eli or explain their plan. Simply start Eli, promote Webb to #2, and insert him in the game when the conditions called for it. There were plenty of scenarios for those opportunities last season after the playoff possibility was eliminated.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post
              When you have an idiot for a HC. The HC make idiotic moves. When the HC makes idiotic moves the team ends up 3-13. When you end up with an idiotic coach and a 3-13 record . Players are not utilized .
              Didn't that "idiot" win 11 games the year before after the team had three straight losing seasons?

Juts keeping it real here.
              Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

Didn't that "idiot" win 11 games the year before after the team had three straight losing seasons?

He did and lost control of the team and made bad decisions this past season . I like to keep it real also
                "Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad." Darrell Royal

Comment

Actually the defense won those games but the Giants were never that 11-5 team just as they are better than the 3-13 record last year. Both teams had the exact same problems.....a bad Oline and a lot of injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post

He did and lost control of the team and made bad decisions this past season . I like to keep it real also
                    You can go look back and see my unmitigated objection to the hiring of Ben McAdoo. I referred to myself as a member of the "anyone but McAdoo" club.
                    It is interesting that many of the folks who hate Ben McAdoo the most now were all on board his hiring.

But he isn't an "idiot". He's a good QB coach. One could make the case that he was a good OC. I wouldn't of course and took all kinds of heat when I said so at the time. But he knows the game. He knows how to coach QB's.
                    His problem is that he was not a leader of men. he wasn't HC material and I doubt he'll ever be. He'll probably be a good OC in the futrue either in the NFL or college though.

Comment

Originally posted by G1.. View Post

Actually the defense won those games but the Giants were never that 11-5 team just as they are better than the 3-13 record last year. Both teams had the exact same problems.....a bad Oline and a lot of injuries.
                      He was the Head coach. Which means he was responsible for the entire football team.

Comment

You can go look back and see my unmitigated objection to the hiring of Ben McAdoo. I referred to myself as a member of the "anyone but McAdoo" club.
                        It is interesting that many of the folks who hate Ben McAdoo the most now were all on board his hiring.

But he isn't an "idiot". He's a good QB coach. One could make the case that he was a good OC. I wouldn't of course and took all kinds of heat when I said so at the time. But he knows the game. He knows how to coach QB's.
                        His problem is that he was not a leader of men. he wasn't HC material and I doubt he'll ever be. He'll probably be a good OC in the futrue either in the NFL or college though.
                        He was an idiot as a HC . Doing the same thing repetitively week in and week out with the same results is arrogance. Arrogance is a form of idiocy.

Comment

Originally posted by G1.. View Post

See we can agree on something.

Comment

no, we can't.

Comment

Originally posted by Gee718 View Post
                              Shurmur and Dave Gettleman both pointed out that mistake...

Eli was supposed to be told that they need to see what they have in the rookie and if he didn't like it, tough. If they handled it the right way and Eli moaned, then I think the fans would have been more forgiving.
                              much more.

starting Geno in place of Eli was the problem.

McAdoo sold it on finding out more about Geno in a west coast and Webb eventually, but really he just hoped Geno would play better than Eli and save his job.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sheepdip View Post
                                That is my 1 regret, they should have been looking at the whole picture, knowing Eli's age and what draft pick we would have etc. Maybe they should have let him start last 2 games. Now its a big guess as to what he can do.

I dont know if it had something to do with the fact he wasnt ready ?? I dont know.
                                This topic was beaten to death months ago. Some on here said there was nothing to be gained by starting Webb. The Smart Ones said he should start and it went back and forth Ad nauseam. Our new coach recently agreed with the start Webb side

Comment

Working...
                                X