Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

maybe front office should have looked ahead and started Webb at end of last season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TEM View Post
    When you have an idiot for a HC. The HC make idiotic moves. When the HC makes idiotic moves the team ends up 3-13. When you end up with an idiotic coach and a 3-13 record . Players are not utilized .
    I would replace the word "idiot" with "first time hc." The fact that he wasn't really ready to be a HC is on Mara or JR. He will probably get another chance, and I bet he learned a few things. I wish him luck.

Comment

Originally posted by DandyDon View Post

I would replace the word "idiot" with "first time hc." The fact that he wasn't really ready to be a HC is on Mara or JR. He will probably get another chance, and I bet he learned a few things. I wish him luck.
      I could agree if made mistakes.and corrected them as he went along. He made the same mistakes repetitively. He did not learn from his bad decisions. Or he refused to acknowledge his errors. That is arrogant. ( an idiot)
      The Dallas Cowboys have now gone exactly One Third of their pathetic existence without a Super bowl appearance.

Comment

He was an idiot as a HC . Doing the same thing repetitively week in and week out with the same results is arrogance. Arrogance is a form of idiocy.
        Yes he's arrogant. Most NFL coaches and players are. Bill Belichick is the most arrogant guy out there. He dumped Jamie Collins for nothing. He let Solder sign with us even though his QB took a home town discount for the express purpose of keeping guys like Solder.
        But he has Brady. Brady cures all. But trust me, Bill has done a lot of "idiotic" things.

McAdoo is just not much of a leader. He's soft. It's not his fault that ODB and Marshall got hurt. It's not his fault that our QB collapsed with the team.

it WAS dumb to do that stupid first half/second half thing though. That I will give you.

He's not HC material but he's far from an idiot. What he knows in his pinky about offense is more that any of us could ever know. That's how you rise to that level in this league.

i don't see any of us getting NFL coaching gigs.
        Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post

much more.

starting Geno in place of Eli was the problem.

McAdoo sold it on finding out more about Geno in a west coast and Webb eventually, but really he just hoped Geno would play better than Eli and save his job.
          Bless his heart.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

Yes he's arrogant. Most NFL coaches and players are. Bill Belichick is the most arrogant guy out there. He dumped Jamie Collins for nothing. He let Solder sign with us even though his QB took a home town discount for the express purpose of keeping guys like Solder.
            But he has Brady. Brady cures all. But trust me, Bill has done a lot of "idiotic" things.

McAdoo is just not much of a leader. He's soft. It's not his fault that ODB and Marshall got hurt. It's not his fault that our QB collapsed with the team.

it WAS dumb to do that stupid first half/second half thing though. That I will give you.

He's not HC material but he's far from an idiot. What he knows in his pinky about offense is more that any of us could ever know. That's how you rise to that level in this league.
            I believe you are confusing confidence with arrogance . Completely different. Only an idiot would believe a system that had inherent flaws built into it and his correction for it is the keep going in that direction. That is what he did. Opposing coaches stated the Giants offense was the most predictable in the league. It goes back 2 seasons. That is what an idiot does. I am sorry it is harsh but true.
            The Dallas Cowboys have now gone exactly One Third of their pathetic existence without a Super bowl appearance.

Comment

Originally posted by DandyDon View Post

Me too. I think it all very quickly got way bigger for him than he expected. To a great extent the defense bought him a year and then made sure it wouldn't be three.
              sigpic

Comment

stubborn - having or showing dogged determination not to change one's attitude or position on something, especially in spite of good arguments or reasons to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

I think it all very quickly got way bigger for him than he expected. To a great extent the defense bought him a year and then made sure it wouldn't be three.
                  It's got to be hard to be a first time HC that goes from 11-5 to 3-13. If he's smart he'll realize his offense was bad both years, and that it's better to adjust his offense to the players he has instead of forcing his offense on them.

Comment

I believe you are confusing confidence with arrogance . Completely different. Only an idiot would believe a system that had inherent flaws built into it and his correction for it is the keep going in that direction. That is what he did. Opposing coaches stated the Giants offense was the most predictable in the league. It goes back 2 seasons. That is what an idiot does. I am sorry it is harsh but true.
                    OK.
                    I'm not defending our ex coach. I was dead set against his hiring as I said. I just object to posters calling NFL coaches idiots. Seems ridiculous.

But that's just me I guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by BornBlue37 View Post

It was a PC move to go to Geno because he had won the back up job. That is like saying if Eli got hurt that Webb should have went in before Geno. Geno was a bridge to Webb who would have go at least 3-4 games. Ppl overreacted to the Geno aspect as if it mattered. Eli opted not to start the games period. Maybe Geno excelled and we signed him or used him as trade bait etc. Geno had earned the right to be up next whether ppl liked it or not, The Giants brought him in and signed him and he won the back up job.
                      Actually, I can argue that Geno won the backup job be default. He didn't really earn it because they never gave Webb a chance to compete. Second, it's unlikely Geno would have excelled given his history of being a below average qb. So, I would ask again, they already knew what Geno was, so why did they need to look at him before Webb?

Comment

• Originally posted by acbleedblue View Post

Actually, I can argue that Geno won the backup job be default. He didn't really earn it because they never gave Webb a chance to compete. Second, it's unlikely Geno would have excelled given his history of being a below average qb. So, I would ask again, they already knew what Geno was, so why did they need to look at him before Webb?
                        Well he played comparable to the ELI in the same offense and some would argue slightly better. So what does that say about ELI? It was less to do with getting a look at Geno vs prepping Webb to go in as he'd had limited action.

Comment

• Originally posted by nycowns View Post

What's so hard to grasp that hundreds on NYG employees saw him practice daily and deemed him not ready or good enough to play?

He was a 3rd round (should've been 6th or 7th round) project drafted by an awful GM you reached way too far for.

You need to move on, barring multiple injures at the QB position, Webb will never ever start a game here. He's Nassib 2.0, the end move on.
                          Hard to state that he’s Nassib 2.0 but from what little we’ve seen of Webb, he looks more like Hostetler 2.0 and that’s good enough to win a SB someday.
                          Last edited by Roswell; 04-12-2018, 10:40 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

Me too. I think it all very quickly got way bigger for him than he expected. To a great extent the defense bought him a year and then made sure it wouldn't be three.
                            Very insightful take.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

i don't see any of us getting NFL coaching gigs.
                              He must be in possession of one smart pinky because these boards have some of the greatest offensive minds to ever post on the interweb (sic).

Comment

• Originally posted by Roswell View Post

He must be in possession of one smart pinky because these boards have some of the greatest offensive minds to ever post on the interweb (sic).
                                I'm sure NFL teams are reviewing the Giants MB to recruit their next player personnel geniuses.

Comment

Working...
                                X