Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

maybe front office should have looked ahead and started Webb at end of last season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maybe front office should have looked ahead and started Webb at end of last season

That is my 1 regret, they should have been looking at the whole picture, knowing Eli's age and what draft pick we would have etc. Maybe they should have let him start last 2 games. Now its a big guess as to what he can do.

I dont know if it had something to do with the fact he wasnt ready ?? I dont know.

• Morehead State
    replied
    Originally posted by DandyDon View Post

So now you are making excuses for these "lift up the team" QBs? Can they "lift up the team" or not?

Eli has 2 rings and 2 MVPs. Where are your "lift up the team" QBs there?
    Don.....that was a long time ago. I'm talking about what Eli is right now. Not what he was 7 years ago. Since that last SB, we are 10 games under .500.
    6 years of losing.
    But yes...the old Eli...when he was much younger and better...was championship QB. But that is certainly not true anymore.

Leave a comment:

• G1..
    replied
    Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

Franchise QB's make everyone else better. Eli didn't. Russell Wilson deals with a horrible O line and no running game all the time...and he lifts up his team.
    He doesn't go down without being touched. he didn't chuck and duck. He didn't collapse with the rest of the offense.
    .........and I thought you were going to be honest?

Leave a comment:

• B&RWarrior
    replied
    Eli played bad last year, but he was playing in an offense with systemic problems without his top target. This is huge as Eli tends to over-target his top receiver.

Eli will ball this year in a much improved offense because we know OBJ will get open in any offense and we have much improved LT play.

I think Eli can play good ball for 2-3 more years.
    Last edited by B&RWarrior; 04-25-2018, 01:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• DandyDon
    replied

Stafford has very little around him yet produces and wins. . Wilson has no O line or running game. Cousins lost his entire offense and kept producing.
    So now you are making excuses for these "lift up the team" QBs? Can they "lift up the team" or not?

One name we KNOW doesn't belong on that list....and that's our guy. What case can you make that over the last 5 years Eli Manning is anything other than an average QB? ..and getting worse. He's 12 games under .500. He has more Int's than games played. That's 5 years...not 1 or 2.
    Eli has 2 rings and 2 MVPs. Where are your "lift up the team" QBs there?

Last edited by DandyDon; 04-25-2018, 12:07 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Morehead State
    replied

Really? Thats your go-to QBs? Russel Wilson, Kirk Cousins, Matt Stafford, Matt Ryan and Andrew Luck? How many rings do they have "lifting up their teams?"

I'll give you Rodgers and Brady. But the rest WTF?
    Stafford has very little around him yet produces and wins. . Wilson has no O line or running game. Cousins lost his entire offense and kept producing.

One name we KNOW doesn't belong on that list....and that's our guy. What case can you make that over the last 5 years Eli Manning is anything other than an average QB? ..and getting worse. He's 12 games under .500. He has more Int's than games played. That's 5 years...not 1 or 2.

That is a heck of a long time.

Yet we are going to keep running him out there. we aren't going to draft a QB. we are going to continue to try to put Humpty Dumpty back together again...new regime or not. We are going to wait until he completely falls apart before we even acknowledge it.
    I'm sorry but it drives me friggin crazy.

Leave a comment:

• DandyDon
    replied

Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Russel Wilson, Ben Rothlesberger, Kirk Cousins (4 out of 5 O linemen out, his two top RB's and his #1 WR) Matt Stafford, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck (when he plays), ...just off the top of my head.
    Really? Thats your go-to QBs? Russel Wilson, Kirk Cousins, Matt Stafford, Matt Ryan and Andrew Luck? How many rings do they have "lifting up their teams?"

I'll give you Rodgers and Brady. But the rest WTF?

Leave a comment:

• Morehead State
    replied

Ok. Then tell me the what QBs you believe do "lift up the team?"
    Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Russel Wilson, Ben Rothlesberger, Kirk Cousins (4 out of 5 O linemen out, his two top RB's and his #1 WR) Matt Stafford, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck (when he plays), ...just off the top of my head.

Leave a comment:

• DandyDon
    replied

I don't think the QB was the problem. I believe that because I have much lower expectations of our current QB. I don't expect him to lift up the team. I don't expect him to make everyone around him better.

Ok. Then tell me the what QBs you believe do "lift up the team?"

Leave a comment:

• Morehead State
    replied

What it tells me is the QB wasn't the problem. What does it tell you?
    I don't think the QB was the problem. I believe that because I have much lower expectations of our current QB. I don't expect him to lift up the team. I don't expect him to make everyone around him better.
    He's a serviceable QB at this point in his career who is in decline.

My problem are fans who claim that Eli is still some kind of great QB, but then give every excuse in the book when he fails.

He needs a lot of tools to function anymore. In that way I agree with them. The poor play around him IS the reason he's been bad, because he can't do anything to overcome it. That's because at this point he's a middle of the road QB at best.
    I accept this. It just bugs me that so many here can't....and lash out at those who see him for what he is.

Leave a comment:

• DandyDon
    replied

Geno is a back up QB. Not sure where the "great Geno Smith" comes from. But the fact is that there was no drop off when Geno started from the norm in 2017.
    What does that tell you?
    What it tells me is the QB wasn't the problem. What does it tell you?

Leave a comment:

• Morehead State
    replied
    Originally posted by jomo View Post
    Is that on Geno and Eli or on the rest of the O?
    Are you saying that even the great Geno Smith couldn't lift this offense?
    Geno is a back up QB. Not sure where the "great Geno Smith" comes from. But the fact is that there was no drop off when Geno started from the norm in 2017.
    What does that tell you?

Leave a comment:

• Morehead State
    replied
    Originally posted by G1.. View Post

Lets be honest,then you start. Admit all of Eli's problems were directly due to the surrounding cast ,no O line , no receivers and no run game.Without those things to work with no QB can play well. Be honest.
    Franchise QB's make everyone else better. Eli didn't. Russell Wilson deals with a horrible O line and no running game all the time...and he lifts up his team.
    He doesn't go down without being touched. he didn't chuck and duck. He didn't collapse with the rest of the offense.

Leave a comment:

• jomo
    replied

Let's be honest here....Our offense didn't look any worse at all with Geno in there. They actually scored more points than our average.
    Is Geno as good as Eli Manning? Of course not. But the reality is that Eli's play was pretty poor last year....Just like the rest of the offense. So bad that we saw no drop off at all when Geno started.
    Is that on Geno and Eli or on the rest of the O?
    Are you saying that even the great Geno Smith couldn't lift this offense?

Leave a comment:

• G1..
    replied

Let's be honest here....Our offense didn't look any worse at all with Geno in there. They actually scored more points than our average.
    Is Geno as good as Eli Manning? Of course not. But the reality is that Eli's play was pretty poor last year....Just like the rest of the offense. So bad that we saw no drop off at all when Geno started.
    Lets be honest,then you start. Admit all of Eli's problems were directly due to the surrounding cast ,no O line , no receivers and no run game.Without those things to work with no QB can play well. Be honest.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X