Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looks like things have cooled off with ODB...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like things have cooled off with ODB...

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...47288888049666
    ESPN's Adam Schefter: Giants' Odell Beckham no longer on trade block

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...rt_river_index

Excerpt: "Wide receiver Odell Beckham's decision to attend the Giants' first day of voluntary offseason workouts on Tuesday was a gesture in good faith, and the Giants apparently welcomed the commitment.

ESPN NFL insider Adam Schefter, who predicted weeks ago there was a good chance Beckham would be traded, now says NFL teams tell him Beckham is no longer on the block.

"When you speak to teams around the league who have been in touch with the Giants, they no longer believe the Giants are going to be trading Odell Beckham Jr.," Schefter said Wednesday afternoon on ESPN's NFL Live. "There's been a shift in thinking. I think there was some thinking around the NFL that he was available. I think the Giants' actions, and words dictated he was available.

"But, when you talk to some of these teams now, they no longer believe he's going to be dealt. The fact that he showed up for the start of OTAs on Monday, they've begun their offseason program with him in attendance.

"The Rams have solved a wide receiver need with the acquisition of Brandin Cooks [from the New England Patriots]. It leads other teams to believe, from their conversations with the Giants and their own observations, that Odell Beckham Jr. will not be traded," Schefter said." Read more... - RF

Last edited by RoanokeFan; 04-11-2018, 04:41 PM.

It was never really on the table. Just speculative BS. Running with a quote.

Odell handled it great. Not a word from him and then he showed up for workouts.

Comment

Originally posted by TE88 View Post

Sort of agree but disagree. I've posted before that the blind sources and speculative journalists are useless. However, in this case the Giant's organization continually made comments that were vague. So, in this case less was not more. The team obviously wanted the thought out there.

Comment

Media driven crisis averted....for now.....

Comment

Can we get to the draft already?

Comment

Originally posted by BlueJayC View Post
            Media driven crisis averted....for now.....
            This one was not media driven...It all came from the Giants' vague comments. It could have ended at anytime.

Comment

Originally posted by TE88 View Post

This 100%. When it seemed logical and it was all the craze to have talk about Odell trades, everyone had a source that said a trade was coming. Now they try to save face using the Cooks trade. Wasn't Odell to New England a sure thing last week?

Comment

....But team cancer, diva, off field problem, on field problem, me 1st player, attitude problems, boat trip, pizza crust, instagram model with powder!!!!!

LOL, time to get serious and foucus on the draft and put these unconfirmed rumors to sleep
                Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Originally posted by Kingb50 View Post
                  Can we get to the draft already?
                  +1

Comment

Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post
                    ....But team cancer, diva, off field problem, on field problem, me 1st player, attitude problems, boat trip, pizza crust, instagram model with powder!!!!!

LOL, time to get serious and foucus on the draft and put these unconfirmed rumors to sleep
                    +100
                    The Dallas Cowboys have now gone exactly One Third of their pathetic existence without a Super bowl appearance.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post

+100
                      +1.21Jiggawatts
                      Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post

I am a ODB fan, but not all of these are unconfirmed. He's a diva, he took a boat trip and it was odd picture that he took. The team cancer stuff..I agree. That's not likely given that he seems to be popular with his teammates. Plus the team was driving this trade talk. All they had to do was say...We are not trading him.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantterp View Post

I am a ODB fan, but not all of these are unconfirmed. He's a diva, he took a boat trip and it was odd picture that he took. The team cancer stuff..I agree. That's not likely given that he seems to be popular with his teammates. Plus the team was driving this trade talk. All they had to do was say...We are not trading him.
                          1. How is he a diva??

2. Whats wrong with a boat trip on your day off?

3. Nothing illegal can be proved.

Comment

Drug test results must have come back negative
                            Long Live the King

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X