Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looks like things have cooled off with ODB...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No team was crazy enough to give away 2 1st round draft picks. Gettleman must be a tough negotiator.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue_ToThe_Bone View Post
      No team was crazy enough to give away 2 1st round draft picks. Gettleman must be a tough negotiator.
      Either that or DG had no interest in, nor intention to, a trade of Beckham. He set a price so ridiculous that either no one would bite, or he'd get the only price that would justify allowing a top 3 WR to get away.

It's pretty easy to be a tough negotiator when you don't really want to do a deal. DG had ALL the cards in this case.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantterp View Post

This one was not media driven...It all came from the Giants' vague comments. It could have ended at anytime.
        So the Giants can't be vague about personnel moves? They have to be fully transparent so everyone (including their competition) know their intentions? Lol.....you serious Clark? The team's comments still actually stand.....no one is untradeable on a 3-13 squad. The media ran with their "interpretation" of that saying the Giants are seeking to trade him....THEN stuffed words in OBJ's mouth on top it saying he would no show for OTA's. This was 100% media driven.....lunacy to think otherwise.

Again media driven BS.....sadly there will be more to come once they near actually hitting the field.
        Last edited by BlueJayC; 04-12-2018, 11:11 AM.

Comment

If only odb, apple and flowers would take a boat trip together and never come back.

Comment

Originally posted by Gee718 View Post
            Drug test results must have come back negative
            If anything he is guilty of poor choices as far as the company he has kept. I'd say we all are at one point or another.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. G-Man View Post
              If only odb, apple and flowers would take a boat trip together and never come back.
              That is a mature thought

Comment

Originally posted by gmen46 View Post

Either that or DG had no interest in, nor intention to, a trade of Beckham. He set a price so ridiculous that either no one would bite, or he'd get the only price that would justify allowing a top 3 WR to get away.

It's pretty easy to be a tough negotiator when you don't really want to do a deal. DG had ALL the cards in this case.
                From my understanding if Odell was traded he would only be under contract with the new team for 1 year. It didn't make much sense to me for a team to give up draft picks to have a player for 1 season.

I believe Gettleman when he said "You don't quit on talent". If Odell was on the block Gettleman was probably asking for 2 1st rounders at minimum which teams weren't willing to give up. I thought the Rams may do it because they were a piece or two from qualifying for the Super Bowl but that doesn't look like it will happen now. I'm really hoping Odell regains his sanity and health next year so he can confidently be signed.

Comment

Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post
                  ....But team cancer, diva, off field problem, on field problem, me 1st player, attitude problems, boat trip, pizza crust, instagram model with powder!!!!!

LOL, time to get serious and foucus on the draft and put these unconfirmed rumors to sleep
                  I believe the Giants were shopping him and no one bit.

Comment

Originally posted by TE88 View Post
                    It was never really on the table. Just speculative BS. Running with a quote.

Odell handled it great. Not a word from him and then he showed up for workouts.
                    This. Now the media has to backtrack with nonsense like what Schefter is posting. The whole thing was bull**** and every sane person knows it.
                    “It drops deep as it does in my breath

I never sleep, cuz sleep is the cousin of death

Beyond the walls of intelligence, life is defined

I think of crime, when I’m in a New York state of mind.”

Nasir Jones

Comment

Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                      I believe the Giants were shopping him and no one bit.
                      Absolutely without question... DG was obviously looking for a king's ransom, as to not be seen as a fool for letting go of ODme for less than his perceived value

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. G-Man View Post
                        Every ship needs a good captain..

Long Live the King

Comment

Every ship needs a good captain..

Lmao, well played

Comment

Originally posted by gmen46 View Post

This sounds perfectly logical. Win/win for the Giants in my view.
                            sigpic

Comment

Drug test results must have come back negative
                              he has never failed a drug test at any level.

Comment

Originally posted by JameyC View Post

he has never failed a drug test at any level.
                                I don't think ODB does drugs, I don't even think he drinks. He looks like one of those high on life guys with unlimited energy. Odell is only addicted to the spotlight. That is the most stimulating drug there is.

And Odell needs his fix.
                                Long Live the King

Comment

Working...
                                X