Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looks like things have cooled off with ODB...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post

1. How is he a diva??

2. Whats wrong with a boat trip on your day off?

3. Nothing illegal can be proved.
    1) You don't think he's a "diva"?
    2) Nothing...As long as it's not the week of a playoff game. So do you think that ODB did everything he could prepare for for that game?
    3) True but the optics certainly look bad.

Again, I am not a hater, and I do think overall the cancer talk is way overblown. Just saying that I can see why some fans are turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueJayC View Post

So the Giants can't be vague about personnel moves? They have to be fully transparent so everyone (including their competition) know their intentions? Lol.....you serious Clark? The team's comments still actually stand.....no one is untradeable on a 3-13 squad. The media ran with their "interpretation" of that saying the Giants are seeking to trade him....THEN stuffed words in OBJ's mouth on top it saying he would no show for OTA's. This was 100% media driven.....lunacy to think otherwise.

Again media driven BS.....sadly there will be more to come once they near actually hitting the field.
      That's not the point. The Giants can do whatever they want. I was just pointing out that this particular item was not the typical blind source, speculative news articles. It was driven by actual comments by the team. They knew what they were doing...The team wanted everyone to think there was some uncertainty.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantterp View Post

This one was not media driven...It all came from the Giants' vague comments. It could have ended at anytime.
        It served their purposes not to, and perhaps served their purposes well, contrary to popular opinion. He showed ip, and that's all that really matters for the time being. Oh, and he's still on the roster.

Comment

SouthernLiving is still waiting for ODB's press release.

Comment

2) Nothing...As long as it's not the week of a playoff game. So do you think that ODB did everything he could prepare for for that game?

Again, I am not a hater, and I do think overall the cancer talk is way overblown. Just saying that I can see why some fans are turned off.
            Not the week of a playoff game?? So it would have been better for him to stay home?? What if Odell did everything he could to prepare for that game but just stunk it up?? It happens bro.

Let me ask you a question.....did Eli do everything he could to prepare for his 1st playoff game against the Panthers in 05??

Comment

The whole purpose of this post from the OP was to heat things back up again. This Odell obsession is really disgusting. Oh my goodness, he had a bad playoff game. No other Giant has ever done such a thing. Trade him, immediately.
              Last edited by I Bleed Blue; 04-13-2018, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by I Bleed Blue View Post
                The whole purpose of this post form the OP was to heat things back up again. This Odell obsession is really disgusting. Oh my goodness, he had a bad playoff game. No other Giant has ever done such a thing. Trade him, immediately.
                Lmfao! I know right? That game was two seasons ago and some are still dwelling on it.
                “It drops deep as it does in my breath

I never sleep, cuz sleep is the cousin of death

Beyond the walls of intelligence, life is defined

I think of crime, when I’m in a New York state of mind.”

Nasir Jones

Comment

I grew up on a lake and had a boat, parents still do. We used to go out in that boat all the time, sometimes even the day before we had work or school!!! Luckily my parents employer never found out about this, could imagine the punishment wed face at work for sitting on a boat the night before work?

My god, the fact that some of you still think that was an issue is unbelievable.
                  Last edited by mikeq6722; 04-13-2018, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeq6722 View Post
                    I grew up on a lake and had a boat, parents still do. We used to go out in that boat all the time, sometimes even the day before we had work or school!!! Luckily my parents employer never found out about this, could imagine the punishment wed face at work for sitting on a boat the night before work?

My god, the fact that some of you still think that was an issue is unbelievable.
                    Its crazy isnt it?? On his day off which was 6 freaking days from the playoff game. Now because he was on the boat trip......he apparently wasn'tfully prepared for the game. Very comical I tell ya.

Comment

1) What says Odell is a "diva"???

2) Honestly, i dont know what Beckham did to prepare, but the loss wasnt soley on him

3) "Optics" may look like something until a drug test turns up positive
                      Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Originally posted by jay051 View Post

Not the week of a playoff game?? So it would have been better for him to stay home?? What if Odell did everything he could to prepare for that game but just stunk it up?? It happens bro.

Let me ask you a question.....did Eli do everything he could to prepare for his 1st playoff game against the Panthers in 05??
                        I have no idea if Eli did everything he could to prepare for his first game. However, I KNOW ODB did not...

Comment

1) What says Odell is a "diva"???

2) Honestly, i dont know what Beckham did to prepare, but the loss wasnt soley on him

3) "Optics" may look like something until a drug test turns up positive
                          Let me be clear...I think Odel is great and I am hoping the Giants find away to keep him long term...Also, I agree that he's really done nothing to show that he's bad for a team or is a cancer. My main point is that he's certainly done some things that warrant concern and that I hope he changes...However-

1) I guess we can agree to disagree here. A diva is someone who is temperamental and/or hard to please...You don't think his antics are being a diva?
                          2) I don't know either, but taking a trip to Miami certainly could not of helped. Do you think any of his teammates were watching extra film that day? Do you think they were running light drills to keep them sharp?
                          3) That's the entire point of the word Optics...I am saying that he may not have done anything wrong, but posting that pic certainly does not make him look in a positive manor.

Comment

Let me be clear...I think Odel is great and I am hoping the Giants find away to keep him long term...Also, I agree that he's really done nothing to show that he's bad for a team or is a cancer. My main point is that he's certainly done some things that warrant concern and that I hope he changes...However-

1) I guess we can agree to disagree here. A diva is someone who is temperamental and/or hard to please...You don't think his antics are being a diva?
                            2) I don't know either, but taking a trip to Miami certainly could not of helped. Do you think any of his teammates were watching extra film that day? Do you think they were running light drills to keep them sharp?
                            3) That's the entire point of the word Optics...I am saying that he may not have done anything wrong, but posting that pic certainly does not make him look in a positive manor.
                            Good post.

I guess i stray from using the word Diva if the player is loved by teammates and doesnt cause the team to suffer. Yes, he has alot of antics, but i dont know if i would call him a diva

As for the boat trip, sure i would have LOVED it if our whole team hunkered down and locked themselves in the film room for 12hrs in preparation, but it was their day off and while i cant fault them for doing what they want on their day off, id rather they didnt do the boat trip

Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

I have no idea if Eli did everything he could to prepare for his first game. However, I KNOW ODB did not...
                              Because he went on a boat trip on his day off?? Ok gotcha. At the end of the day it is ONLY YOUR OPINION,..so i will leave it at that.

Comment

Good post.

I guess i stray from using the word Diva if the player is loved by teammates and doesnt cause the team to suffer. Yes, he has alot of antics, but i Adont know if i would call him a diva

As for the boat trip, sure i would have LOVED it if our whole team hunkered down and locked themselves in the film room for 12hrs in preparation, but it was their day off and while i cant fault them for doing what they want on their day off, id rather they didnt do the boat trip
                                Agreed. See...Poster's here can find common ground!

Comment

Working...
                                X