Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Browns' Jarvis Landry's contract means Odell Beckham will get his money, but how much?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Browns' Jarvis Landry's contract means Odell Beckham will get his money, but how much?

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...rt_river_index

Excerpt: "It looks like Browns star Jarvis Landry should pick up the tab next time he is out with his close friend and former LSU teammate Odell Beckham Jr.

Landry is expected to sign a five-year extension worth $75.5 million with $47 million guaranteed, according to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport. That is a monster extension for a player often cast as a slot wide receiver, which typically is not as valued as perimeter field-stretching wide receivers.

The Dolphins didn't want to pay Landry that kind of money-- an average of $15 million per year -- and instead put the franchise tag on him before trading him to the Browns last month for a fourth-round pick and a seventh-round pick." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

The amount the Browns gave Landry is absurd. He is a decent #2, nowhere near a #1.

This deal confirms to me the Browns GM is not very smart, and he'll take fumble/int machine Darnold #1. Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by moosedrool View Post
      The amount the Browns gave Landry is absurd. He is a decent #2, nowhere near a #1.

This deal confirms to me the Browns GM is not very smart, and he'll take fumble/int machine Darnold #1. Thank you!
      They’re the Browns after all, making bad football decisions has become their forte.

Comment

How much wii OBJ get.

Let me see add the coefficient with the amount of catches + YAC multiplied by scores per season ,

I got it.

The Dallas Cowboys have now gone exactly One Third of their pathetic existence without a Super bowl appearance.

Comment

And this is why I was mad at the Browns and Jags because they were hoarding cap space and being poised to drive up the market for players, just because they could. This signing is an example of that. They could afford Odell too.
          Long Live the King

Comment

How much..........and with whom?
            Salary cap management is a game within the game. So many people don't understand it.
            No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

I don't disagree, but that kind of means we are guilty of the same with a mid-level Left Tackle. We just drove up that market, if Solder is worth what we gave him I guess Bakhtiari should be worth 4-5 million more per year when his next contract comes with the Packers. Kind of throwing stones from within the glass house there.
              sigpic Verbally I'm untouchable like Eliot Ness.

Comment

Happens every year in free agency. Nothing new here. Cap goes up every year, contracts go up every year, average of best 5 goes up every year. I’m sure Beckham will get a market deal from the Giants at some point. Not concerning, this is why Gettleman and Abrams are paid the big bucks.

Comment

Yes the contract the Browns gave him is too much unless his productivity improves.
                  I made countless predictions based on analyzing the roster and have a high success rate in making the right predictions for years. I gave Eli tips on how to improve his play in 07. I sent him advice on how to improve his performance in a letter I sent to him before the Giants play the Pats in the last regular season of the 07 Season. He did what I wanted him to do leading the Giants to Superbowl victory.

Comment

Can’t really say he’s overpaid when the market dictated his contract. Isn’t that what Watkins got?

Comment

Here are his stats

JARVIS LANDRY STATS
                      CAREER STATS
                      2017 MIA 112 987 8.8 9
                      2016 MIA 94 1,136 12.1 4
                      2015 MIA 110 1,157 10.5 4
                      2014 MIA 84 758 9.0 5
                      Career 400 4,038 10.1 22
                      I made countless predictions based on analyzing the roster and have a high success rate in making the right predictions for years. I gave Eli tips on how to improve his play in 07. I sent him advice on how to improve his performance in a letter I sent to him before the Giants play the Pats in the last regular season of the 07 Season. He did what I wanted him to do leading the Giants to Superbowl victory.

Comment

Can we please....for the love of the football gods please stop talking about a mega deal for Beckham, when there’s no way in hell hes getting it this year.....if ever?
                        Im sick of the sound of Beckham’s ****ing name!!!
                        "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

I assume the Giants probably have number in kind for an extension if that is what they want to do. What ever the Browns want to pay Landry thats their issue.

If OB doesnt like the deal, whenever it may happen, then go somewhere else. .....
                          "it won't matter who we pick at #2 because whoever it is we need him..."

​​​​​​ -Jesse James

Comment

Id lock up Collins first.

Comment

The Browns are taking Allen and leaving Darnold to us. That would be the true Browns thing to do.

Comment

Working...
                              X