Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Browns' Jarvis Landry's contract means Odell Beckham will get his money, but how much?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Id lock up Collins first.
    If you attempt to lock up Collins first, its bye bye Odell.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
      How much..........and with whom?
      Salary cap management is a game within the game. So many people don't understand it.
      As long as Gettleman understands it.

Comment

Juice Landry is really good and the market was set when Watkins got big money despite being injury prone and underwhelming last year. I can't trip or deem him overpaid. He is almost always out there and is good for 100 catches regardless of who is playing QB.
        “It drops deep as it does in my breath

I never sleep, cuz sleep is the cousin of death

Beyond the walls of intelligence, life is defined

I think of crime, when I’m in a New York state of mind.”

Nasir Jones

Comment

Originally posted by moosedrool View Post
          The amount the Browns gave Landry is absurd. He is a decent #2, nowhere near a #1.

This deal confirms to me the Browns GM is not very smart, and he'll take fumble/int machine Darnold #1. Thank you!
          What exactly makes him not a number one? Just curious because you say that as if you have did extensive study on him and his game.

Comment

Originally posted by Gee718 View Post

And this is why I was mad at the Browns and Jags because they were hoarding cap space and being poised to drive up the market for players, just because they could. This signing is an example of that. They could afford Odell too.
            Only because they don't have a franchise QB and they haven't for a long time

Comment

Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post

The Browns are taking Allen and leaving Darnold to us. That would be the true Browns thing to do.
              +1

Comment

Originally posted by BornBlue37 View Post

What exactly makes him not a number one? Just curious because you say that as if you have did extensive study on him and his game.
                maybe because he is mainly a slot receiver....
                With that said he is still one of the most productive WRs in the league.
                "it won't matter who we pick at #2 because whoever it is we need him..."

​​​​​​ -Jesse James

Comment

Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post

If you attempt to lock up Collins first, its bye bye Odell.
                  I don't believe that is the case. I'm not sure exactly what the cap availability is for next season but I know with the trade of jpp they freed up 18 million dollars next season. That in addition to releasing or trading Eli next season will free up another 18 mail so it's feasible they could sign both.

if it did come down to that, I wonder who the board would rather keep Collins or Beckham?
                  That's why we discuss, We all have different perspectives. Ride and Die with the NY Giants

Comment

Originally posted by dmighty326 View Post

I don't believe that is the case. I'm not sure exactly what the cap availability is for next season but I know with the trade of jpp they freed up 18 million dollars next season. That in addition to releasing or trading Eli next season will free up another 18 mail so it's feasible they could sign both.

if it did come down to that, I wonder who the board would rather keep Collins or Beckham?
                    We should have $35-40m to spend next year, minus the draft class, and thats with Eli still on the books. That number shoots to $52-57m if we cut Eli next year, assuming the cap goes up another $10m. We could sign both ($25m/yr) and still keep Eli next year......The JPP trade was to free cash for Collins/OBJ next year.
                    Last edited by infinite420; 04-13-2018, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gee718 View Post

And this is why I was mad at the Browns and Jags because they were hoarding cap space and being poised to drive up the market for players, just because they could. This signing is an example of that. They could afford Odell too.
                      So your mad that the NFL allows teams to do what they want with their money?? We live in a free country. And the market for players is always going up. If the cap goes up the market for players goes up. It's just the way it works.
                      [SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by dmighty326 View Post

THIS BOARD?? Collins wins that by a landslide even though he only had one outstanding season out of his 3 seasons so far.

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                          maybe because he is mainly a slot receiver....
                          With that said he is still one of the most productive WRs in the league.
                          His YPC sucks big time and isnt a td threat at all. He's good but imo he's an overrated glorified possession receiver.

Comment

It depends on how Odell performs this year on and off the field. 2017 was a terrible year for Odell Beckham.

Comment

Originally posted by jay051 View Post

THIS BOARD?? Collins wins that by a landslide even though he only had one outstanding season out of his 3 seasons so far.
                              Agreed, while many may like Collins' attitude and leadership much more than ODBs we have to acknowledge that Beckham has been great on a much more consistent basis.
                              All Hail The New York Giants!!

Comment

http://boards.giants.com/forum/new-y...year-extension

Comment

Working...
                                X