Some thoughts on (Ugh!) Ereck Flowers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some thoughts on (Ugh!) Ereck Flowers

OK, I know -- enough already with the Ereck Flowers posts. But I'd like to say this, neither in his defense nor in his favor: Two things tick me off about him more than his lack of production. It's that (1) I'm tired of his age being used as an excuse, and (2) I put a lot of the blame for how most of us feel about Flowers on Reese and Co. (And, yes, I know: Enough already about Reese, too, but still...)

Nobody forced Flowers to leave Miami after his junior year. If he didn't think he was old enough, and he was just 21 in his first NFL season, he could have and should have stayed in college. And nobody forced the Giants to draft him. If they thought he was too young, and not mature enough for the NFL, they could have and should have passed on him. With the No. 9 overall pick, they certainly had better options. But Reese drafted him and then, for the next three years, explained away his failures as a player by saying, in part, well, he's only 21, or 22, or 23.

Last year, all we heard about Flowers before the draft was how hard he'd been working in the offseason. He's at the facility every day. Working hard. Yeah, on what? Getting even stronger? Certainly not on his technique. Either Flowers had the organization fooled, or Reese thought he had the fans fooled. I would guess the former, since the GM went out and did practically nothing to address the offensive line. So here we are.

So what is the point?

The Dallas Cowboys have now gone exactly One Third of their pathetic existence without a Super bowl appearance.

Comment

Do yourself a favour and donít waste any more energy or thought on Ereck Flowers. Players bust. Ts OFTEN bust. It happens. He will be gone within the next year. Nothing more to see. Hopefully he finds a way to contribute meaningfully in his final months as a Giant.

Comment

We hear the same thing about Webb too...he's at the facility everyday..works hard

Thats the mantra

Comment

I feel the same way about Flowers that I feel about people who can't take a joke.
          sigpic Verbally I'm untouchable like Eliot Ness.

Comment

Originally posted by StewieZ View Post
            We hear the same thing about Webb too...he's at the facility everyday..works hard

Thats the mantra
            Good point. Of course, the source is different now, but still, makes you wonder.

Comment

Originally posted by cheapseats View Post

Good point. Of course, the source is different now, but still, makes you wonder.
              What makes me wonder is if Reese woulda kept his job if he picked Gurley instead. Not sure how all the chips woulda laid out if he did, but itís crazy to think that Flowers prob killed JRs career. Apple pick didnít help none either and you have to wonder how this FO drafted so many character busts in the top ten of the draft (ODB, Flowers, and Apple). Giants have a lot to prove after so many poor drafts and DG is gonna get a lot of that fan frustration if this draft sucks too, unfortunately. I just hope Beavis has very little input this time so if Gettleman gets it wrong, we know who to go after with our pitchforks .

Comment

Thats the mantra
                I thought he was a NO SHOW , last week !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Cut that fool. Enough said.

Comment

Don't cut him.
                    I made countless predictions based on analyzing the roster and have a high success rate in making the right predictions for years. I gave Eli tips on how to improve his play in 07. I sent him advice on how to improve his performance in a letter I sent to him before the Giants play the Pats in the last regular season of the 07 Season. He did what I wanted him to do leading the Giants to Superbowl victory.

Comment

Can't cut him......makes zero sense financially as they still get banged out with a full cap hit for his contract if they do....only reason to cut him is if they need the room on the roster for someone else. I'm not an EF fan but from a finance/depth perspective he should remain on the roster....unfortunately.

Comment

Try him at RT if he doesn't show significant improvement there then move on.... end of the Ereck Flowers story

Comment

Thats the mantra
                          This the kind of post that makes me shake my head. Taking a Jab at a player without any rhyme or reason to. What has Webb done on this team in negative way to make you to take a shot at him?
                          The Dallas Cowboys have now gone exactly One Third of their pathetic existence without a Super bowl appearance.

Comment

Thats the mantra
                            Careful they get very sensitive around here if you criticize the 3rd string QB.

Comment

Originally posted by nycowns View Post

Careful they get very sensitive around here if you criticize the 3rd string QB.
                              Yeah, especially when there's no justification for the criticism.

Comment

Working...
                              X