WHAT do we do at Safety? SS and FS ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHAT do we do at Safety? SS and FS ?

Some where it was said Collins was limited.....perhaps that's why we were able to get him in the 2nd round. ( for the record I wanted the Giants to get him with the 1st pick ) So how will the new 3-4 work ? Who plays strong safety and free safety?

Hey man can you put some pants on? I feel weird having to ask you twice.
    "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
    "No...I didn't."
    "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
      Hey man can you put some pants on? I feel weird having to ask you twice.
      Fair enough.... but could you please answer my safety question first?

Comment

Collins plays SS.. He's one of the best safties in the league.. I don't know why he wouldn't..

FS.. one of Thompson, Thomas or Adams.. Whoever wins the job

Comment

Collins will do his thing at Strong side Saftey.

for Free Saftey i'd say atm it's between Adams and new signing Thomas. Darian Thompson hasn't proved anything imo. not very good.

don't sleep on the possibilty of Minkah Fitzpatrick either. in a possible trade down with Buffalo, he may still be there at 12 and would be great pick at 12. would be FS day i think. can also move up and play slot.

Comment

There are so many more important holes that need to be filled before FS. The new staff will know Adams is the better FS.

Comment

Yeah if this #4 and #12 rumor deal went down we could see Chubb at 4 and maybe Fitzpatrick at 12and Fitz could be moved all over playing some slot and some safety with blitz opportunities

Comment

Bring back my Mykelle Thompson

dont give up on non talent
                Long Live the King

Comment

Originally posted by nygfan0816 View Post
                  Collins will do his thing at Strong side Saftey.

for Free Saftey i'd say atm it's between Adams and new signing Thomas. Darian Thompson hasn't proved anything imo. not very good.

don't sleep on the possibilty of Minkah Fitzpatrick either. in a possible trade down with Buffalo, he may still be there at 12 and would be great pick at 12. would be FS day i think. can also move up and play slot.
                  I'm hoping for something like this. If the Giants can get 2 picks in the first round, 2 pick in the second round, with the 2 picks they have in the 3rd round, they can fill a lot of holes in one draft. However, safety is not the biggest area of concern for this team. They have no proven corners outside of Jack Rabbit and still need O linemen\LB's. If they don't trade down, I'd be more concerned with CB, not saeties. I like Denzel Ward, Josh Jackson and Donte Jackson.
                  Last edited by I Bleed Blue; 04-17-2018, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Well Collins is the SS, Hes 1 of the best strong safetys in the league

As for FS, its an open competition, but like a few have said, i wouldnt count out Minkah Fitzpatrick especially if we trade down. If we stay put, i could see us looking at someone later in the draft, personally Id like Tavarrus McFadden from Florida St who is currently a cb but IMO would be a better FS in the pros
                    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

The best thing to do is pray.
                      1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

Comment

Working...
                      X