Welcome Mr. Barkley!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post

Do you think we can win another SB with Eli Manning? I love the guy, and I'm sure Barkley will be great, but how often do you pick that high. Do you remember the era of football between Simms and Manning? That's the road we are headed down.
    YES I Do and so does the Front Office , Believe it or not the Front Office absolutely knows more than you or any of the other Eli Manning Haters does

Comment

I seem to remember Eli winning the SB with a RB drafted in the 7th round.
      Yes, sir. I was going to mention Bradshaw getting drafted 250th overall. We got Jacobs in the 4th round. Kareem Hunt - 3rd round; Alvin Kamara - 3rd round; Jordan Howard - 5th round; Le'Veon Bell - 2nd round; Devonta Freeman - 4th round.

Taking a running back 2nd OVERALL is incredibly shortsighted.

Comment

mara does not know how to run a team , nothing against this kid seems like good talent .

Comment

6" 230+ and has wheels, hands and great balance
          Can't wait til next season,

Comment

And the melt downs have begun . This board never changes same **** different day.

Comment

Originally posted by couchcoach100 View Post

YES I Do and so does the Front Office , Believe it or not the Front Office absolutely knows more than you or any of the other Eli Manning Haters does
              I'm not at all an Eli hater. I absolutely love Eli. But he's gonna be 38. He's already been slightly declining. I think we probably just drafted a potential all time great. But I think QB is a way more important position, and we were lucky to have the 2nd pick in a QB heavy draft.

Comment

I'm not at all an Eli hater. I absolutely love Eli. But he's gonna be 38. He's already been slightly declining. I think we probably just drafted a potential all time great. But I think QB is a way more important position, and we were lucky to have the 2nd pick in a QB heavy draft.
                Exactly. How does questioning the pick = hating Eli? Like you, I love Eli...the man delivered us 2 Super Bowls. But I'm pretty sure he's 37 years old and his time is limited. We don't get to pick in the top 5 every year; that's why it was vital that we make the best of it--either by drafting the franchise QB, or if we didn't believe one existed, then trading back and getting multiple picks, including a possible top 5 pick next year from the first rounder next year. Just so frustrating wasting such a valuable pick on a running back.

Comment

I agree that the qb is a way more mportant position but at the same time we can't just pick a qb just to pick one. Clearly the FO doesn't believe in any of these qbs. I could understand if you had a no doubt Andrew Luck type pick but obviously they dont consider any of them close to a Luck type player.

Comment

Originally posted by jjhall91 View Post
                    I agree this was a very good pick. As far as success, I'll remain a little skeptical regarding his success until I see how the OL performs.
                    there are players and then there are play MAKERS. This kid makes things happen. Now, defenses have NO CHOICE but to respect the run. We are no longer one-dimensional and we will be able to exploit mis-matches all over the field with OBJ, Shep, Engram and now Barkley.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_lt56 View Post

Exactly. How does questioning the pick = hating Eli? Like you, I love Eli...the man delivered us 2 Super Bowls. But I'm pretty sure he's 37 years old and his time is limited. We don't get to pick in the top 5 every year; that's why it was vital that we make the best of it--either by drafting the franchise QB, or if we didn't believe one existed, then trading back and getting multiple picks, including a possible top 5 pick next year from the first rounder next year. Just so frustrating wasting such a valuable pick on a running back.
                      Now this was my true wish. Draft a franchise qb they liked or trade down for multiple picks. Maybe they had no takers so who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post
                        mara does not know how to run a team , nothing against this kid seems like good talent .
                        Which QB did you want?
                        The turn over machine? The weirdo? Or the ******bag?

Comment

Originally posted by huckleberryeli View Post

OK so let me play devils advocate, a really good rb has 5 years of cheap salary. Then you are going to have to pay him a lot to retain him. Assuming a team needs a good qb to win how do you construct a sb team? Without a cheap controllable qb how does that work? I think if this were a monte carlo simulation, there are more superbowl scenarios if the top dollar in year 6-14 goes to a qb vs year 6-10 to a rb. I just don' think it makes sense to draft a rb that high if the goal is superbowls
                          WE can speculate all we want as to where we are going to be in 5 years but is that what you really expect the giants to do? The word "construct" is not to be confused with the word "rebuild." There is no such thing in this league anymore. We can win 2 SB's by then....

Comment

Originally posted by jay051 View Post

I agree that the qb is a way more mportant position but at the same time we can't just pick a qb just to pick one. Clearly the FO doesn't believe in any of these qbs. I could understand if you had a no doubt Andrew Luck type pick but obviously they dont consider any of them close to a Luck type player.
                            Or they believe in Webb

Comment

Originally posted by primetime View Post

Which QB did you want?
                              The turn over machine? The weirdo? Or the ******bag?
                              LOL!!! I would add that the kid out of Louisville doesn’t come of as a very smart guy even though he is a freakish athlete

Comment

Originally posted by jay051 View Post

Now this was my true wish. Draft a franchise qb they liked or trade down for multiple picks. Maybe they had no takers so who knows.
                                There had to have been at least one team that was in love with a QB and would've moved up for him. There are plenty of QB-needy teams...not to mention that Cleveland blew it(surprise!) by reaching for Mayfield at 1 overall.

Comment

Working...
                                X