After Sleeping on Barkley Pick I Hate it Even More

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After Sleeping on Barkley Pick I Hate it Even More

Where do I start. How about Gettleman's pre-draft proclamation that he needed a sure fire HOFer at #2. His goal as GM is not pat himself on the back 15 years from now with choosing a sure thing but do everything in his power to put the 5th Lombardi in the case. Hell even Mcadope understood that. But Barkley was the safe choice and Gettleman was never going to stick his neck out on a pick that might blow up on him. Barkley gets in the HOF but never wins a SB the narrative is he never played with a good enough QB.

Imagine if EA had done the safe thing in 2004 and picked Robert Gallery (who evryone was clamoring for) or Fitzgerald and kept Kerry Collins at QB. Hell 2 SBs trophies later and people on here still dream how many SBs we win if Big Ben or Rivers was the QB. But he stuck his neck out and took serious heat for 4 years until Eli delivered the first SB.

The rest of my anger is geared toward Mara. At a crossroads for the franchise these are the decisions he has made in the past 5 months:

-Correctly identified Webb should get a look in remaining 4 games
    -Panicked at public reaction to Eli refusing to be taken out of game
    -Makes ultra safe pick of Gettleman as GM
    -Makes ultra safe pick of Shurmur as coach
    -Makes ultra safe pick of Barkley at #2

Those moves aren't putting the 5th trophy in the case anytime soon.

If you take away Mara's charity work, his career mirrors Jimmy Dolan's. Rich boys who daddies gave them the keys to the family business and whose greatest talent is their last name.

RME
    I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Sometimes bird poop tastes like candy.
      [SIGPIC]

Comment

huh ?
        1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

Comment

It always amazes me that the Giants don't hire GM's from the pool of this message board members. Who are obviously way smarter than the people being paid do do it.

The best player in the draft is available but you shouldn't draft him because he's the "safe pick"? Brilliant!!

Comment

so go back to bed..

Comment

We'll see after a couple 2000 yd rushing seasons.

Comment

Giants will get a QB next season when they land the first pick in the draft....2018 gonna be a **** season...

Comment

Originally posted by FBomb View Post
                  It always amazes me that the Giants don't hire GM's from the pool of this message board members. Who are obviously way smarter than the people being paid do do it.

The best player in the draft is available but you shouldn't draft him because he's the "safe pick"? Brilliant!!
                  HAHAHAHA!!

Comment

Barkley better be a combination of Bo Jackson and Barry Sanders!!

Still trying to figure out if there was a running back that has made the difference for his team winning the SB since Davis...

Comment

Originally posted by barran21 View Post
                      Giants will get a QB next season when they land the first pick in the draft....2018 gonna be a **** season...
                      Is there currently a competition going on to post the most ridiculous thing you can think of?

Comment

Originally posted by Liquid Tension View Post

Still trying to figure out if there was a running back that has made the difference for his team winning the SB since Davis...
                        You mean BESIDES Brandon Jacobs and Ahmad Bradshaw?

Comment

Originally posted by FBomb View Post

at the very least as a consultant, lets not forget the scouting depts track record. i think more fans got things right.

Comment

Originally posted by Liquid Tension View Post

i remember when these guys told me wilson was the next giant HOFer. (not saying barkley isnt better i think he is) but the point is over excited and speculating

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post

i remember when these guys told me wilson was the next giant HOFer. (not saying barkley isnt better i think he is) but the point is over excited and speculating
                              I disagree. It's more of a reaction to the silliness of the posters jumping off the ledge. Barkley was arguably the best pick in the draft and we got him. Nuff said,

Comment

Working...
                              X